What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

we have to move east of eupraths where the kurds want to create a state

we have to move east of eupraths where the kurds want to create a state

Naah. It would be better for Turkey to send forces in western Iraq to prevent Iraqi Kurdistan and Syrian Kurdistan to become unified

If Turkey hates PKK x1 time, Barzani hates x10 times. Btw yesterday Mete Yarar said that "We are expecting military coup attemp against Barzani in KRG", he also said that "Turkey is active there to prevent coup attemp" but he didnt say what are our preparations

Barzani will support us freeing the western side of Syria. He doesn't want the YPG on his border as well
I don't trust Barzani much, in his wet dream if he had the power and influence he would like to take over north Syria under his command instead of ypg. Anyway, the hate between the pkk and Barzani is advantegous for us.

If Barzani is against PKK why he lets them operate from Iraqi Kurdistan?
Avoiding possible clashes, which could lead to escalation, and Barzani's krg is in a tight spot financially. If i remember correctly, US paid hundreds of thousands dollars for Barzani to upkeep his peshmerga forces not so long ago while a year or two ago Turkey donated or lent half a million dollar to Barzani in order to pay the public servants of KRG, which he was unable to do. Ideology wise they are different and have beef with each other.

If US spec ops are among YPG terrorists, and dies while fighting against a fellow NATO member...i think, US will just cover his death.
Seriously doubt it, more likely Turkey will try to pass it off as an accident (it probably would be too!) and the US will increase air combat patrols over SDF territory east of the Euphrates and deter Turkey from bombing close to areas of its operation. They also might discontinue recon and intelligence support for Turkey. alternatively the plan would be the US would pass Turkey info (if it isn't doing so already) of locations of US spec ops to prevent it in the future and increase air combat patrols.

Covering it up won't be possible given the public nature of US support of the SDF and the SDF's own media outlets. US spec-ops dead by turkish bombs will be a bonanza for the SDF, and Obama will be forced to respond in a public matter or his party will be hit at the polls. No way he's going to allow that, much less with Trump as the opponent, whom he has very real reasons to dislike on a personal level.

Obama would be under immense pressure to respond in some way to show strength, and given it is election season that pressure would be from his own party.

Public sentiment between the US and Turkey is mutually negative to one extent or another as it is, this would take it to a whole new level on the US side.

That said the US and Turkey have the means of communication between militaries available. In all likelihood this will never happen due to this communication.

Last edited:
I don't trust Barzani much, in his wet dream if he had the power and influence he would like to take over north Syria under his command instead of ypg. Anyway, the hate between the pkk and Barzani is advantegous for us.

^this. I dont trust any of them barzani,talabani and all the other clans they have. We have to clean our border from both ISIS and PKK and not just the border from efrin to jarablus but also east of the euprath.
--

Kerry: " We don't support Kurd state in Syria " cant post link

^this. I dont trust any of them barzani,talabani and all the other clans they have. We have to clean our border from both ISIS and PKK and not just the border from efrin to jarablus but also east of the euprath.
--

Kerry: " We don't support Kurd state in Syria " cant post link
Sounds just as credible as the 'Iraq has WMDs' claim of back then.

not just the border from efrin to jarablus but also east of the euprath.

I really hope this too but it seems too complicated (politically) to pull off. But Yildirim yesterday said something like:"The operation will go on until Syria's north will be completely cleaned of terrorists". It kind of means like it is also their planned target too.

Lets hope our government could manage to do it.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom