What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

Hello, I would like to say I support this operation if Erdogan is serious and actually wants to resettle Syrian refugees.

Also, what is Assad doing crossing into SDF territory?

Alright guys, I'm an outsider who doesn't have the slightest clue of what going on there on Syria and all this Turkey offensive into Syria, so pls allow me to ask some stupid but yet very sincere questions.
  • From Turkey perspective, WHO is fighting WHO there? I'm asking from Turkey perspective because the International medias has somehow shun anything coming from Turkey and Assad side, which is why I'm asking this question.
  • From Turkey perspective, WHO & WHAT are those PKK / YKK / KURDS? (or whatever you wanna call them)
  • WHAT is the current state of relation between Turkey and Assad regime, is it Friendly, Neutral, or Hostile? and WHY?
  • WHAT is the typical day to day living condition on the ground at Syria particularly at the capital Damascus? Can anyone kind enough to share some video link? or if you have some personal knowledge, I would love to hear about it.
Sorry I've asked many long questions, but as I had stated above, International medias has somehow shun anything coming from Turkey and Assad side, not to mention I don't read / speak any middle eastern languages.

Thanks Beforehand :-)
1- Nobody knows who fights whom in there, you may check online connection schemes which clearly indicates who fights whom. Right now Turkey only focuses at border security and controlling possible refugee flow.
2- PKK/YPG/PYD (political branch of YPG but isnt quite " political" since they are absolutely members of YPG) (or SDF which YPG is backbone of) are terrorists. "Kurd" is a race, nobody has generalized ISIS as " Arabs" so,why do you even?
3- Currently Syrian regime seems pleased, SDF is weakened and this has benefits for reconstruction of Syria. But overally, Syrian regime and Turkey doesnt agree on vast of subjects.
4- Totally unrelated to here, any Syrian available on forum may reply this better.

Does anybody here think Syria will help Kurds against Turkey or just go for oil fields in south and invade? They are amassing troops there.

Does anybody here think Syria will help Kurds against Turkey or just go for oil fields in south and invade? They are amassing troops there.

If they go north in our intented safe zone, they would be in the radar of TSK, what happens south is probably none of turkeys business. more iranian business.

If they go north in our intented safe zone, they would be in the radar of TSK, what happens south is probably none of turkeys business. more iranian business.
How would Turkey stop Syria, and Russia if they went north? Also heard they are amassing troops near Manjib.

I just found out Kurds let Syrian army into Ain-Al Arab.

They tried before but were hit by Yanks, even the Russian mercenaries were hit pretty badly on one attempt. The Americans will have to decide now who they want to take control of the area. Russia, Iran and Assad or Turkey. They could stop any advance of troop by air strikes, but I imagine that they will prefer the Turks to do it.

They tried before but were hit by Yanks, even the Russian mercenaries were hit pretty badly on one attempt. The Americans will have to decide now who they want to take control of the area. Russia, Iran and Assad or Turkey. They could stop any advance of troop by air strikes, but I imagine that they will prefer the Turks to do it.
Kurds aparrently just let Syrian army into Ain al Arab(Kobani)

How would Turkey stop Syria, and Russia if they went north? Also heard they are amassing troops near Manjib.

I just found out Kurds let Syrian army into Ain-Al Arab.
But why would Russia go against Turkey when both are already cosying up and US-Turkey relations are all time low.

Kurds aparrently just let Syrian army into Ain al Arab(Kobani)
Well Syrian Army isn't a problem, this time they will get blasted with the Kurds. The problem is how far the Russians are willing to go.

The relationships are changed now in Syria. Turkey will not be trying to do a balancing trick anymore.

But why would Russia go against Turkey when both are already cosying up and US-Turkey relations are all time low.
Turkey's relationship with US and Russia is now very similar to Tito's relation with US and Soviets. You don't know who the greater enemy is so you need to defend against both. Hence you will see the purchase of Patriots along with S400 and both F35 and Local/Russian fighter if possible. Tito had similar strategy. He had Russian fighter jets on the western boundary but was planning a domestic fighter with french engine (if i remember rightly) for the eastern boundary.

Back
Top Bottom