What's new

Turkish Oil & Gas Exploration Update & Discussion

This would be a huge blow to Egypt, Greece, Cyprus and France. The two most powerful countries of East Mid. working together would effectively subdue them.

Probably the end of the Egyptian-Greek-G.Cypriot dreams and understanding that you can't do business in Turkish backyard and certainly not with such a rogue behavior/intentions.

I doubt. Israel won't make any agreement without permission from US and I think the coalition between egypt,south cyprus,and greece is what US worked on it

Hayirdir dostum niye ikide bir bayragini degistiriyorsun?

I doubt. Israel won't make any agreement without permission from US and I think the coalition between egypt,south cyprus,and greece is what US worked on it
Technically you are right but that’s small piece of the bigger picture
US wants to overtake russians in the european energy sector but they know that their gas is simply too expensive and they will never be able to take on russian gas alone but eastmed gas is something like God given gift for americans to finally achieve their dream and break Russia’s backbone(its gas exports)
Everything what happens in Syria(and Iraq) is closely connected to eastmed(and Libya)
US backed the unholy trio(Greece greek cyprus and Israel later Egypt joined) until I would say late 2019 or early 2020 but the pandemic and turkish successful intervention in Libya changed the equation in the eyes of americans and I would say israelis
The real reason why Israel and US backed greeks side in the eastmed is because that it was perfectly interlinked with their efforts in Syria to create kurdish terror state but subsequent turkish aggressive moves which were triggered by their arrogant actions destroyed american plan A and now american plan B is to work with turks and achieve their objectives regarding Russia and Iran
If they want to kickstart gas production in eastmed they need Turkey as it is very big market which will soon overtake Germany and become the biggest in Europe
@GlobalMillitary96 is right when he says that Israelis fear Turkey’s rise of a regional superpower but they are forced to work with turks if they want to sell their gas and get more EEZ from greek cyprus

Technically you are right but that’s small piece of the bigger picture
US wants to overtake russians in the european energy sector but they know that their gas is simply too expensive and they will never be able to take on russian gas alone but eastmed gas is something like God given gift for americans to finally achieve their dream and break Russia’s backbone(its gas exports)
Everything what happens in Syria(and Iraq) is closely connected to eastmed(and Libya)
US backed the unholy trio(Greece greek cyprus and Israel later Egypt joined) until I would say late 2019 or early 2020 but the pandemic and turkish successful intervention in Libya changed the equation in the eyes of americans and I would say israelis
The real reason why Israel and US backed greeks side in the eastmed is because that it was perfectly interlinked with their efforts in Syria to create kurdish terror state but subsequent turkish aggressive moves which were triggered by their arrogant actions destroyed american plan A and now american plan B is to work with turks and achieve their objectives regarding Russia and Iran
If they want to kickstart gas production in eastmed they need Turkey as it is very big market which will soon overtake Germany and become the biggest in Europe
@GlobalMillitary96 is right when he says that Israelis fear Turkey’s rise of a regional superpower but they are forced to work with turks if they want to sell their gas and get more EEZ from greek cyprus

Great. I agree on every point. but I hope Turkey move to renewable energy and jump ahead of Germany on clean energy and not gas or oil

Great. I agree on every point. but I hope Turkey move to renewable energy and jump ahead of Germany on clean energy and not gas or oil
Well TR government has ambitious renewable energy targets by 2023 whether they will succeed is another point(after covid-19 pandemic I would say yeah their chances went significantly up)
I have already talked in January that turkish government officials said there will be negotiations between Turkey and Israel once stable government is formed
I know also that Turkey is building pipeline with two tubes to TRNC(can’t remember whether it was for electricity or water) most likely the second tube is planned to be used for potential turkish-israeli pipeline if a deal is reached

I highly doubt it.
Well transporting gas through Turkey is much more economically feasible than the impossible eastmed pipeline
The question is whether they are ready to sacrifice gas export in exchange for continuing pointless anti Turkey policy
pkk is doomed very soon you will hear news about new operation turkish-iranian and turkish-russian relations are seriously shaken after the idlib developments
turkish intervention turned out to be successful covid-19 pandemic killed all chances for the already mentioned hopeless pipeline before so what other option remains for them before turning back to cooperation with Turkey??

Gas and oil will remain its key position as a source for global energy needs in the future. You cant simply rely on products that depends on the climate. Windmills for example are very expensive to build and maintaining it while on other hand you need wind to generate electricity. When the climate is not on your side, these devices will stand still with zero output. The same story also applies to solar panels.

This does not mean that we dont have to work on clean energy. The idea that gas and oil will no longer be necessary in the future is just delusional.

Back
Top Bottom