What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

TCG Sancaktar LST Launch
sancaktar1.jpg

sancaktar2.jpg

Last edited:
I wish this combat management system export lead MILGEM procurement for Romanian navy

Şöyle güzel bi tank modernize işine de girersek ekmeği kaptık demektir.Bu ülkeler modernizasyon sonrası bizim ürünlerimizle yeni alıp yapmak isteyebilirler.

this is not Turkish language forum mate.

Impressive. It seems The schedule is changed thanks to changing threat perception.

The private shipyard receiving MILGEM production mission, will directly produce fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth Milgems (Istanbul class frigates) with military shipyard qualified personel. According to SSM strategy, It is planned to produce two I class hulls simultaneously which makes delivery quicker than current Milgem schedule.

Istanbul shipyard is constructing fourth Milgem at present to be launched into sea in next year. The accelerated schedule enables Istanbul shipyard staff to start construction of first TF-2000 destroyers in a short time.

By 2019, Turkish shipyards will have been producing following strategic warship projects simultaneously.

-TCG Anadolu mini aircraft carrier - Sedef shipyard
-I class frigates - XXX private shipyard (RMK or Dearsan or Adik...)
-TF-2000 destroyer - Istanbul military shipyard
-Assault Boat - XXX private shipyard
-U-214TN submarine - Golcuk shipyard
-Milden domestic submarine - Golcuk shipyard, maybe finalization of design process for start production

Last edited:
So the follow on of 4 more MILGEM is called Istanbul class ?

Plan hasnt changed, the RfP has opened for 4 ships alltogether for purchase matters. The 1st ship will be build in Pendik naval shipyard as i stated in here before, first 6 months of steel work the employers of private shipyard will be trained, all 4 ships will be delivered within the same year, planned to be on 2020. While naval shipyard is strict on plan to begin in second quarter of 2017.

Additionally, the ships are what we have seen in information as before, the length has not extended by 5 meters, but it could in one undecided matter. So its 110 meters right now, 115 meter capacity request is a rounding to up to exact value. Ie, 110.5, the rounding is 115.

Also, possibly the shipyard will held the exports in future, SSM may keep this in mind to possible extension based on request of customer.

Navy doesnt have interest on fully sharing milgem to pakistan, the agreement will be made over STM company with a high possibility which is actively supporting the design office in milgem project, to re design a pakistan version of milgem , which might have non US systems, but chinese or any other. Additionally it wouldnt have all of the tiny secrets the navy office been working on to deliver.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom