What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

If it happens it'll be a great time saver, we won't have to wait for the TF2000. But it's only 4 destroyers unless we can integrate SM3s to our Genesis combat management system. If we do that, it'll change the power balance in the Mediterranean forever.

TF-2000s will use AEGIS and SM-3 probably only APAR and sonar will be domestic parts of them. I was thinking about why don't we build more destroyers to protect our airspace more effectively with SM-3s which have 500 km range instead of affording 3 billion $ to inferior patriot batteries.

TF-2000s will use AEGIS and SM-3 probably only APAR and sonar will be domestic parts of them. I was thinking about why don't we build more destroyers to protect our airspace more effectively with SM-3s which have 500 km range instead of affording 3 billion $ to inferior patriot batteries.
Destroyers cost a hell of a lot more. I'm still skeptical about a direct procurement, Why can't we just wait for TF2000? Either it'll be an ex-USN Arleigh Burke class which can be problematic, or a brand new Zumwalt class which doesn't make sense.

I also don't believe the force will abandon Genesis for foreign Aegis. Doesn't make sense to me. What we need is the integration of SM2s and SM3s to Genesis combat management system.

Destroyers cost a hell of a lot more. I'm still skeptical about a direct procurement, Why can't we just wait for TF2000? Either it'll be an ex-USN Arleigh Burke class which can be problematic, or a brand new Zumwalt class which doesn't make sense.

I also don't believe the force will abandon Genesis for foreign Aegis. Doesn't make sense to me. What we need is the integration of SM2s and SM3s to Genesis combat management system.

Genesis has been developed for Perry class frigates not newer AAW destroyers. Using for AN-SPY-1 radar and SM-3 missiles you need aegis solution or must take permission to develop own domestic system. TN won't make a direct procurement, these destroyers which i mentioned above are TF-2000s.

So the the 'TF-2000' will have Aegis CS. And it might have the SM-3. And obviously, this will happen if the house of representatives approves it.

Quoting from orko_8 on waff:

'AEGIS + SM2 / SM3 will be for TF2000.'

WAFF | Greece & Turkey Defence Forum | World's Armed Forces Forum: 4 AEGIS Destroyer with SM-3 !

@MrTopal27 I just hope he's wrong on this one. We already have this technology, paying for it will be stupid. It's not just that. 4 ships doesn't make a fleet. Even if we build the TF2000 with the configuraiton you've mentioned, we'll still need SM2s for the rest of our frigates. We can't rely on ESSMs forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still wondering the reliability of the original source; the content itself was not clear.

And @LegionnairE i do agree. The current genesis is not comparable with aegis, but that's the reason why we have development center's. I believe that it would be more convenient to use a indigenous combat management system.

But Aegis would do no harm as a gap filler, i think.

Maybe the procurement of the 'TF-2000' is being accelerated. Who knows...

Last edited by a moderator:
What type of AAW systems we are officially wanting for TF-2000 ???

I don't think Turkey will integrate Aegis CMS on TF-2000. What we need was an effective missile system to be integrated on ships, Otherwise, Integration of Aegis system on them cause the dead of Turkish Genesis+CAFRAD projects...

As It is stated that Turkey will try to obtain SM-2/3 missile systems to integrate our own combat management system. If USA doesn't give permission, The alternative solutions will be on schedule.

My scenarios;

TF-2000 hull+ Aselsan CAFRAD APAR radar+Havelsan Genesis CMS+SM-2/3

or

TF-2000 hull+Aselsan CAFRAD APAR radar+Havelsan Genesis CMS+Aster30

or (After normalization of relations between Israel-Turkey)

TF-2000 hull+Aselsan CAFRAD APAR radar+Havelsan Genesis CMS+Barak-8

I don't think Turkey will integrate Aegis CMS on TF-2000. What we need was an effective missile system to be integrated on ships, Otherwise, Integration of Aegis system on them cause the dead of Turkish Genesis+CAFRAD projects...

As It is stated that Turkey will try to obtain SM-2/3 missile systems to integrate our own combat management system. If USA doesn't give permission, The alternative solutions will be on schedule.

My scenarios;

TF-2000 hull+ Aselsan CAFRAD APAR radar+Havelsan Genesis CMS+SM-2/3

or

TF-2000 hull+Aselsan CAFRAD APAR radar+Havelsan Genesis CMS+Aster30

or (After normalization of relations between Israel-Turkey)

TF-2000 hull+Aselsan CAFRAD APAR radar+Havelsan Genesis CMS+Barak-8

I see. Btw abi can you inform me about the missile inventory of our navy? I know we have major missiles like Harphoon, ESSM but I don't know the rest, thank you.

Well, no, because this has no bearing on LCS. LCF and MILGEM are vastly different. LCS-2 class is entirely different design. LCS-1 Freedom class is substantially larger. The Chinese ship is a light frigate, with similar armament to enhanced MILGEM i.e. a direct competitor.

Yes, but Milgem and freedom class has nearly the same design of body. But when comes to armament, there are a few little differences but both look similar in general. I mean the subclasses of milgem and the freedom class of USN.

Back
Top Bottom