What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

We do not know the reason for delaying iclass if its is so,but we can make some guess,one of them is changing design is not a easy task,the others we have a covered embargo by US which some systems coming as such propulpusion,evolved sea sparrow missiles and light torpedos(can be raplace by aselsan near future),and phalanx(replaced to our system gökdeniz),link 11,16(will be replace to kement),VLS system(its going to be replace)

We do not know the reason for delaying iclass if its is so,but we can make some guess,one of them is changing design is not a easy task,the others we have a covered embargo by US which some systems coming as such propulpusion,evolved sea sparrow missiles and light torpedos(can be raplace by aselsan near future),and phalanx(replaced to our system gökdeniz),link 11,16(will be replace to kement),VLS system(its going to be replace)
We are not facing any embargo related with propulsion, or i doubt if there are any embargos on essm and ram/phalanx as well.
Propeller and shafting is from italy, engines are from germany, turbine is from UK and gears are from germany. I doubt if US could block anything through these countries ,assuming that UK is involved in TF-X,and Germany so far sells anything.
The problem with I-class was lack of planning, the ship has been laid with pure political reasons as a "before elections propaganda" long before than its design was finalized. I guess they go onto production now but goes slower since they do re-marks to change things

So they laid the keel and started the build without the design was finalised?

So what is the latest any photos? Has the work just stopped?

National security should not be effected by politics

Very bad news

We are not facing any embargo related with propulsion, or i doubt if there are any embargos on essm and ram/phalanx as well.
Propeller and shafting is from italy, engines are from germany, turbine is from UK and gears are from germany. I doubt if US could block anything through these countries ,assuming that UK is involved in TF-X,and Germany so far sells anything.
The problem with I-class was lack of planning, the ship has been laid with pure political reasons as a "before elections propaganda" long before than its design was finalized. I guess they go onto production now but goes slower since they do re-marks to change things
check dsca.mil you will see no arms sale for a long time

Very bad news
i dont believe that, they didnt design a brand new ship to say it.. they simply used the proven design of milgem

check dsca.mil you will see no arms sale for a long time
Those could have been purchased long time ago , and in nearby time they have been installed on LSTs and probably purchased for TCG Anadolu either. ( In case of Gökdeniz is not coming by)

Very bad news
It was exactly what has been dont back in years. Design was still evolving.
For İ-class there has been improvizations, the hull form has changed ,bulbous bow form has been changed, there was plans for adapting retractable azimuth truster (as in Independent class LCS) , For maneuvering at ports and also for improving maximum speed and maneauverability while sailing. Accomodations has been slightly changed, there is vls and equipments of that, hull has gone through changes.
Its note exactly expanded milgem but there was changes,it all takes time and meanwhile there was 15 july coup attempt, people has been fired from naval office , some has resigned on their own, a shitty civilian shipyard manager has been assigned to further mess with plans, tried to prove his proficiency by emposing his ego on soldiers ( a man with zero knowledge on production or planning of the ships, an amateur ship-owner like broker he was )
He is the one who asked to publish for 1-1 scale renders of milgems and all platforms for catalogues which navy was hesitant about for years to do so. (who really does it anyway)
All these has caused delays and currently i-class is re-accelarating.
I used to claim,someone in there has huge desires to lend TF-2000 into someone's hand (Possibly to STM with joint operation of Navantia) ,and deliver it to a private company (not hard to guess whom,check who has built TCG Ufuk and why them)
I worry even I-Class could be given to someone else for design (well like BMCs case they would re-evaluate design and claim its their own ) and production in private shipyards (which all of them, except Adik, RMK and Sedef floats around in 80s technologies).

So to summarise the LHD built at Sedef Shipyard which is private shipyard? This doesn’t have any problems

Whereas the ADA class and I class are at Istanbul shipyard which is civilian or military shipyard which has problems

Also the LST were built and delivered quickly was that Sedef ?

So to summarise the LHD built at Sedef Shipyard which is private shipyard? This doesn’t have any problems

Whereas the ADA class and I class are at Istanbul shipyard which is civilian or military shipyard which has problems

You are comparing finished projects with still developing/upgraded projects.LST itself first developed by military shipyard while LHD developed by Navantia.All private shipyards(like Sedef) doing is serial production by guidelines given by military shipyards.

LHD was hugely supported by Navantia which already has produces the same asset earlier and experienced on that.
Moreover Its not the size matters here but the details, a tugboat could take at least 1.5 years to complete while 300+ meter large ships can get done in 7-8 months.
Sedef hasnt completed anything so far,its just a steel work and one of the easiest task among the progress.
I class is a vessel which wasnt produced before (set aside the similarities between Ada class)
All civilian shipyards are guided by Pendik Naval Shipyard. If they could, if they were able to they would be manufacturing Ada or I class by now.

A single surface combatant takes at least 2.5 years no matter who builds it , I class here has got a special situation,its design is more likely finalized in recent times. It has been just laid (due to some political reasons),earlier than finalization based on what they were sure of.

LST has been built by Adik ,one of shipyards will be probably building next batch of I class ,still will be guided by naval shipyard.

The first phase of the MİLGEM project ends

https://savunmasanayist.com/2019/07/08/the-first-phase-of-the-milgem-project-ends/

M%C4%B0LGEM.jpg

Honestly I my opinion the ADA class looks much better than I class

As a matter of fact I class isn’t even looking that modern only that it has VLS

I don’t quite get how it’s a build on ada class

And first I class due to be finished in 2021 that’s 4 years from keel laying

Then they go on to say all 4 x I class will be done by 2024 so what they go from 4 year internvals to 1 year

No chance

Milgem project was the most logical program for Turkish navy because the most dangerous weapons Greeks have are AIP subs.
For Pakistan friends; if you think there is a risk for your navy which comes from Indian navy's subs your decision is the best because milgem is a perfect submarine hunter

Milgem project was the most logical program for Turkish navy because the most dangerous weapons Greeks have are AIP subs.
For Pakistan friends; if you think there is a risk for your navy which comes from Indian navy's subs your decision is the best because milgem is a perfect submarine hunter

Im actually happy to see Turkiye focusing so much on their navy.

Back
Top Bottom