What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

I think the Turkish navy should completly change its requirments. For example we are currently give huge money to 16 ASW YKTB, 8 ASW Ada-Class Corvette for what? Greeces entire fleet of submarines is ancient and they are canceling there purchase of U214 seeming that the Shipyard is now trying to sell it to Egypte and Poland. Russias Black sea fleet dont have submarines and as for other neighbouring nations they either have not big submarine fleet, Doesnt even have submarine fleet or are ancient/Low tech submarines.

so what should we change our requirements to?

I think the Turkish navy should completly change its requirments. For example we are currently give huge money to 16 ASW YKTB, 8 ASW Ada-Class Corvette for what? Greeces entire fleet of submarines is ancient and they are canceling there purchase of U214 seeming that the Shipyard is now trying to sell it to Egypte and Poland. Russias Black sea fleet dont have submarines and as for other neighbouring nations they either have not big submarine fleet, Doesnt even have submarine fleet or are ancient/Low tech submarines.

Don't forget Dolphin ;)

Don't forget Dolphin ;)

indeed maybe we should cancel Aegean fleet already , create another for Israel on Mersin coast and do something about those Dolphins said to be carrying nuclear missiles.(isn't naval survelliance job of the planes within Meltem project?)

BTW, the unit cost of YTKB is around 25 million € (total project cost 402 millions €)

Dearsan won export contract with this project :)

Latest rumor regarding the Turkish Navy. It seems that the TF-2000 classification will change to TC-2000, The class will be named Cruiser for the Turkish Navy standart insted of Frigates or Light Destroyer.

Also, Interviews in Savunma and Havacilik and other platforms reveal that TF-2000 to be destroyer sized platforms which displaces some 7000 tons.

My understanding is that 12 MILGEM class ships will be built

According to Warship magazine 2013 Jan issue page 33-35 says that the MILGEM programme will consists of 8 Ada Class corvettes and the last 4 will have a larger hull based on Ada Class most likely size of frigates to give the 12 units

However if Lockheed Martain does not get the contract for the 4 DDG then the last 4 MILGEM will be expanded even further to a size of a small destroyer that is 6 units

So it's not 8 + 4 + 6 but rather 8 + 4 or 6 ( 8 Ada Class +4 TF-100 or 8 Ada Class + 4 or 6 TF-2000)

hi friend,

Turkish companies bid for country's first aircraft carrier

Hi, where were you?
I am sure it is media misinformation. according to the data provided by Quasar and Cabatli it should be a helicopter landing platform.

Hi, where were you?
I am sure it is media misinformation. according to the data provided by Quasar and Cabatli it should be a helicopter landing platform.

I was in seclusion:), basically it will be Spanish Juan carlos 1 class LHD/LPD/AC . 28 thousand tons ship with 12 VTOL aircraft capacity.

TF2000

tf2020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom