What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

IMG_5928.JPG

both LHD and Istanbul class to launch in 2021

maybe sooner

we have to change our mind for defending our ships to supersonic antiship missiles,phalanx is ineffective against these missiles.

There are essm missiles in i-class frigate.. (if you fill vls' , 64 essms).. so they chose pgalanx for ciws.

İn ada class, no essm .. so they chose ram as either missile , or ciws.

But i am doubt too, about those missiles are effective against supersonic ssms..

we have to change our mind for defending our ships to supersonic antiship missiles,phalanx is ineffective against these missiles.

Not really, Phalanx is the last line of defense if everything else fails.
Against supersonic missiles the I-class will be equipped with ESSM blk2

Not really, Phalanx is the last line of defense if everything else fails.
Against supersonic missiles the I-class will be equipped with ESSM blk2
Phalanx system is ineffective against supersonic missiles,effective range is very short 2km,you have not enough time,even british new missile system sea ceptor not effective against supersonic missiles faster than 3 mach,so if greece get brahmos missiles our navy will be at great risk,altgouh these missiles range is short at sea skimming mode approx 120km its enough for egea

Phalanx system is ineffective against supersonic missiles,effective range is very short 2km,you have not enough time,even british new missile system sea ceptor not effective against supersonic missiles faster than 3 mach,so if greece get brahmos missiles our navy will be at great risk,altgouh these missiles range is short at sea skimming mode approx 120km its enough for egea

Brahmos is better suited to open sea not sea filled with islands.. thought you were an engineer?

That's not true, the phalanx is already put into position when radars have detected the incomming missile and the firing computer is shooting at the calculated projectory of the missile. First line of defense is the ESSM blk2 (mach 4) missile with a range of >50km and if missiles pass than the last hope is that the phalanx may stop it.

You are right when you say supersonic missiles are difficult to stop, but tell me missiles that are more effective than the ESSM - phalanx combination than.

Back
Top Bottom