What's new

Turkish Naval Programs

I would like to see Turkish Navy transform Mediterranean to a Turkish lake once again by policing every naval movement in the area, like the good old Otttoman days. :D

I would like to see Turkish Navy transform Mediterranean to a Turkish lake once again by policing every naval movement in the area, like the good old Otttoman days. :D

I'd say we are already baba of the black sea, Med - give it 10 years :D

We were. Russia beefed up it's black see fleet after we took out their jet...Now, they have the upper hand.

What is their current black sea fleet, are they still "operating" 1 sub ?

Then you need the full spectrum of assets, maritime surveillance, UAV, constellation of satellites, surface assets , sub surface asserts, electronic warfare and a whole lot of other stuff deployed in very large numbers, you will probably tie down so much if your assets you will be limited in how you will respond

Even then you will be lucky to locate a carrier strike group and follow it through the Mediterranean on a 24/7 365 basis that might even be impossible

If you talking about General sea traffic who have responders then I guess so but in war time you will be blind and will have to go look for individual warship wanting to hide

What turkey is doing is building up its naval capabilitys albeit very slowly

If they can succeed in the FFG programme to delivery a large number of warships to provide air defence umbrella over its itself, the sea and land mark then that would be a good start

Having a ARG is of no use if you can't protect the assets

What is their current black sea fleet, are they still "operating" 1 sub ?
I don't remember, their ship numbers and compositions but do remember they were constantly beefing up their naval forces in the black sea, setting up S-400 sites, land based ship missiles,etc...

At a point also some Russian general told that they managed the turn the tide and now they have the upper hand.

Maybe, we should do a comparison, to see if their claims are true or not.

Though, our subs would be real headache for their fleet.

P.S: Wiki says, they are operating 7 subs.

Russian
Black Sea Fleet
Submarines: 7

7 attack submarines

Warships: 45
1 guided missile cruiser, 1 large ASW ship, 5 frigates, 6 small ASW ships, 4 guided missile corvettes, 5 guided missile boats, 7 seagoing minesweepers, 2 base minesweepers, 2 inshore minesweepers, 7 landing ships, 5 landing crafts

Source: http://russianships.info/eng/today/

P.S.: 6 of 7 submarines(Project 06363) commisioned in 2014 and after.

I don't remember, their ship numbers and compositions but do remember they were constantly beefing up their naval forces in the black sea, setting up S-400 sites, land based ship missiles,etc...

At a point also some Russian general told that they managed the turn the tide and now they have the upper hand.

Maybe, we should do a comparison, to see if their claims are true or not.

Though, our subs would be real headache for their fleet.

P.S: Wiki says, they are operating 7 subs.

what we gonna do war with Russia? ships nothing to do with a war they have huge huge air power and missile power that we cant hold with ships and planes. Russia is a headache for whole world. if they cant control you they will do anything to bring you down. they dont have rules.

lWG1VE.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom