What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

Indonesian General Staff claims quite interesting statements about Roketsan artillery systems.

He claims that Brazilian rocket is better than Roketsan equivalents in term of the criterias He defined.

According to him, The criterias He considered, were ability, accuracy, not price of systems. Actually, He implies that Roketsan system is cheaper than Brazilian equivalent but failing the class in terms of performans.

He claims that Roketsan artillery rockets have not been used by any foreign countries. He added that What Roketsan offered to Indonesia was in R&D process.

TNI Beli Alutsista yang Sudah Teruji dan Terbukti Berkualitas | Media PURNA POLRI

The real story is inside of that source which is talking about a leaked document.

Red flag raised over arms deal

Behind the great wall of confidentiality at the Defense Ministry concerning its spending of taxpayer money, a leaked document has provided a snapshot of budgetary irregularity surrounding the purchase of a weapon system for the Army.

The ministry has allegedly overspent some US$134.9 million in the procurement of a multi-launcher rocket system (MLRS) worth $405 million from Brazil’s Avibras Industria Aeroespacial, according to an investigation report made by the ministry’s inspectorate general, a copy of which was recently obtained by The Jakarta Post.

In its letters to the ministry’s top officials, including to then defense minister Purnomo Yusgiantoro and deputy defense minister Sjafrie Sjamsoeddin in April and June 2012, the inspectorate had flagged several violations in the procurement process.

The inspectorate, a division in the ministry tasked with ensuring the compliance of all officials to existing regulations and procedures, argued that the policy to award Avibras had violated a presidential instruction and a regulation issued by the Government Procurement of Goods and Services Agency (LKPP).

Avibras, according to the inspectorate, cannot meet the technical specifications required by the procurement tender, such as the provision of eight fire-control systems. Moreover, the company can only provide seven of the required 38 ammunition supply vehicles and two of the seven mobile workshop vehicles needed to support the MLRS infrastructure.

The MLRS is armored artillery, similar to a truck, but equipped with a self-propelled rocket launcher.

According to the inspectorate, the $134.9 million discrepancy in the specifications unfulfilled by Avibras would have allowed the procurement of an extra battalion of the MLRS.

The inspectorate also accused the Army of negotiating with Avibras, which had partnered locally with PT Poris Duta Sarana to secure the deal, to water down the required specifications after Avibras outbid Turkey’s Roketsan Missiles Industries, which had teamed up with PT Alabasta Inti Indonesia for the bidding process.

“The violations are very vulnerable [for prosecution] if viewed from the auditor’s side, particularly when the audit is conducted by the BPK [Supreme Audit Agency],” then inspector general Vice Admiral Sumartono said in the letter. Sumartono, already retired, could not be reached for comment.

Defense Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu said that while he was not aware of the details of the case, he would review all procurements made by his predecessor and added that he would limit the role of brokerage companies that were regularly involved in securing deals at high cost to taxpayers.

“I’ve instructed my officials to be highly responsible in spending public money and warned them that I will not defend them if they are caught by the KPK [Corruption Eradication Commission],” Ryamizard said recently.

The then Defense Ministry’s chief for procurement center of defense facilities agency (Baranahan), Lt. Gen. Ediwan Prabowo, who is responsible for the MLRS procurement, denied any wrongdoing.

Ediwan, who was promoted in May to become the ministry’s secretary-general, argued that the procurement was above-board and that the defense minister had endorsed it despite notes from the inspectorate general.

“You should ask the then inspector general about his complaints. I don’t want to speculate why he conducted the review,” said Ediwan, who served as the private secretary of then president Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono between 2009 and 2011.

Ediwan said that the issue was made public because the losing company refused to accept the bidding result.

“The issue was blown out of proportion by a company that won’t accept defeat. Avibras’ MLRS scores higher than those offered by Roketsan. Avibras’ is combat-proven, has multi-caliber capacity, has wider destructive scope and can be transported with C-130 Hercules aircraft,” he said.

“We’ve invited many outside parties, including the KPK, to supervise our procurement process and there has been no issue at all,” he said, adding that some of the MLRS had already arrived and had been put on display during the Indonesian Military’s (TNI) anniversary parade on Oct. 7.

For the past five years, the Defense Ministry has received a bigger budget than any other institution has ever received. Around Rp 95 trillion ($7.72 billion) have been earmarked for next year, up by 7.2 percent compared to this year.

Red flag raised over arms deal | The Jakarta Post

Indonesian General Staff claims quite interesting statements about Roketsan artillery systems.

He claims that Brazilian rocket is better than Roketsan equivalents in term of the criterias He defined.

According to him, The criterias He considered, were ability, accuracy, not price of systems. Actually, He implies that Roketsan system is cheaper than Brazilian equivalent but failing the class in terms of performans.

He claims that Roketsan artillery rockets have not been used by any foreign countries. He added that What Roketsan offered to Indonesia was in R&D process.

TNI Beli Alutsista yang Sudah Teruji dan Terbukti Berkualitas | Media PURNA POLRI

The real story is inside of that source which is talking about a leaked document.

If it is so and if they want i'm sure we can upgrade our current systems in a few time and sure we can increase the price... No matter... Tech. is under control... :)

If it is so and if they want i'm sure we can upgrade our current systems in a few time and sure we can increase the price... No matter... Tech. is under control... :)

Bro, Turkish equivalents offers longer range on lighter/smaller body/diameter. Turkish rockets deliver avarage weight of warhead on designated targets with optimum CEP rates. They were tested on field to show the capabilities to costumers and UAE ordered 10,000 122mm rockets at one deal. No need to mention technology transfer deals and 300mm rocket agreements.

Roketsan may have been cheated out of a deal, but is Indonesia willing to scrap the deal with Brazil and go with Roketsan?

Looks like corruption to me,what do you think about this @Indos,post 1369?

Last edited:
One guy is saying that brazilian mlrs is better than turkish which is why it was chosen, others are saying that roketsan should have won but didn't. So i guess the point is that due to corruption the brazilians won and turkey lost.

@T-123456

If you think that there is some thing wrong there, just post it on Indo Military thread, maybe some one there has better understanding than me. By posting there, it will also get more Indo attention. As far as I know we get TOT about the launcher system that we bought from Brazil and the rockets at some amount should be bought from there as well, and actually we can produce MLRS and rockets already but for rockets still in limited range.

Talking about corruption, previous administration is not clean, many of them behind bars now including their party leader (anas)

Last edited:
Looks like corruption to me,what do you think about this @Indos,post 1369?

I have already replied mate. Oya, if you find any wrongdoing you can report using our anti corruption body (Komisi Pemberantasan Korupsi) website and communicate with them. It is clean and very powerful as well. The most trusted institution in our country and it is an independent body.

I have already replied mate. Oya, if you find any wrongdoing you can report using our anti corruption body (Komisi Pemberantasan Korupsi) website and communicate with them. It is clean and very powerful as well. The most trusted institution in our country and it is an independent body.
Yes i have seen it but alerts dont work and thats why i saw it later.

Türk Silahlı Kuvvetleri Genelkurmay Başkanlığı Resmi Mobil Web Sitesi

tsk.JPG

@cabatli_53 :D

Back
Top Bottom