What's new

Turkish Missile Programs

I cant say anything about specs , i just didnt like design. why there is need such a huge fins on front side of missile? they are really huge ,flat without reduction of length towards edge.
There is a reason other rivals got triangle fins with point end to reduce turbulence on edge , like its done in aircraft wings . It should be a result of optimization between price and performance .
To conclude ; There should be a reason why its chosen in this way, maybe they will upgrade it in following phases.

Mate, could it be sub-sonic / super-sonic difference ?

Maybe in sub-sonic speeds having triangle fins would not effect the turbulence much. So they went for bigger fins to provide better maneuver ???

I'm only guessing, i'm not expert in these issues.....

Mate, could it be sub-sonic / super-sonic difference ?

Maybe in sub-sonic speeds having triangle fins would not effect the turbulence much. So they went for bigger fins to provide better maneuver ???

I'm only guessing, i'm not expert in these issues.....
mate, i already mention about subsonic speeds, while exocet or harpoon or many other missiles used triangle shaped fins, and they mostly located it backward than middle. just it was in forward than center and extends too long, seemed odd for me. I am not expert in aviation too ,and i also just made a guess with the reason why i didnt like .

The slide is about development of the seeker section by Aselsan. The missile we see on it may have nothing to do with it, or it is one of the many designs that is being looked into. For Instance, such a winged missile would most certainly have a box launcher not a round one. :-) :-)

The slide is about development of the seeker section by Aselsan. The missile we see on it may have nothing to do with it, or it is one of the many designs that is being looked into. For Instance, such a winged missile would most certainly have a box launcher not a round one. :-) :-)

Dude you fooled us ?.. :( :pissed:

:-)

SSM might have fooled us.. page 31 is a very lucky number I hear :D

http://goo.gl/CdEQ8C

Bro. i don't think you fooled us nor SSM... If it was only about seeker head then why it also shows details of the rest of the missile...

Also SSM shows launchers size by comparing it to a human... This is not about seeker head also...

BTW thx for the whole file... :tup:

Last edited:
Bro. i don't think you fooled us nor SSM... If it was only about seeker head then why it also shows details of the rest of the missile...

Also SSM shows launchers size by comparing it to a human... This is not about seeker head also...

BTW thx for the whole file... :tup:

it might be prototype for primary tests ,1stly they will verify if head seeker works in suitable to other systems,and control systems reacts in correct way,then they will begin to consider aerodynamics and maneuvarability ,also avoid algorithms. (my opinion) and they show full scale details drawing to prove they completed a crucial step.

4Xtrx2B.jpg

@Combat-Master , would you please share , the graphic in which THE SOM leaves f-22 ( which has aTurkish flag and Atatürk sign on ):)

That is also in arda's tweets.

Last edited:
4Xtrx2B.jpg

ARA TWT (trisonic wind tunnel )

Identification of the installation/facility:
Location (city): Bedford
Name of the facility: Transonic Wind Tunnel
Date of construction or of acquisition or of main refurbishment: 1990
Owner: Aircraft Research Association Limited
Contact point: +44 (0)1234 350681
Internet site: Welcome to ARA » Aircraft Research Association

So we handed over our SOM-J model to UK , instead of testing it by ourselves, or giving an oppurtinity to our universities to build up a Medium Scale trisonic wind tunnel, that would be a preparation for TF-X

Attachments

• airtn---ara---twt.pdf
    509 KB · Views: 53
4Xtrx2B.jpg

So we handed over our SOM-J model to UK , instead of testing it by ourselves, or giving an oppurtinity to our universities to build up a Medium Scale trisonic wind tunnel, that would be a preparation for TF-X

I'm going through their website, looking at all the companies who have outsourced their services.

Korean Aerospace Industries T-50 aircraft, they have KFX programme...
Embraer well known and well established aircraft manufacturer, KC-390.
Lockheed Martin forefront of high performance aircraft design, F-35.

Sometimes you need the skills and expertise or second set of data, even if Turkey does build more wind tunnels outsourcing will happen..

4Xtrx2B.jpg

;)

Wind Tunnel Testing | DEFENSE INDUSTRIES RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE

Stand off Missile (SOM) | DEFENSE INDUSTRIES RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE

:pop:

Other…

Center for Wind Energy

Back
Top Bottom