What's new

Turkish Small Arms Industry | Updates and Discussions

KNT-76 in Army

LZGbPa.png

Last edited:
1037696680.jpg

https://sputniknews.com/military/201701101049440247-mpt76-turkey-rifles/

Turkish forces will receive the first batch of domestically developed and produced MPT-76 assault rifles on Wednesday, local media reported Tuesday.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — The new rifles will be distributed to 500 Turkish troops by the manufacturer Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation (MKEK), a company source told the Anadolu news agency.

The MPT-76 rifle (National Infantry Rifle) was designed and produced by Turkey's state-owned MKEK in an effort to replace the Turkish army's aging arsenal of German Heckler & Koch G3 battle rifles. The MPT-76 was first tested by the army in 2014, when ground troops received a shipment of 200 rifles. Feedback and improvements followed.

The rifle is expected to become the new standard army weapon in Turkey. It shoots 7.62 mm NATO rounds and is based on the US AR-15 rifle while using a gas piston system similar to that of Heckler & Koch weapons.
https://sputniknews.com/military/201701101049440247-mpt76-turkey-rifles/

Anybody know the price of MPT-76 when comparing to their competitors.

C14uQpiXAAEJDOq.jpg

If I wasn't anymore convinced that MKE is full of incompetent personnel.. That flash hider design introduces unnecessary noise..

Ahhh that very high frequency voice. I can say in the room next to me tv is on even it is muted. Very annoying.

Akdal Ghost TR-01 pistol (Turkey)

Akdal Ghost TR-01 pistol

Akdal Ghost TR-01 pistol, partially disassembled

Type Single Action pre-cocked, semiautomatic
Caliber(s) 9x19
Weight unloaded 825 g
Length 190 mm
Barrel length 113 mm
Magazine capacity 15 rounds

Akdal Ghost TR-01 pistol is a new product from Turkish company Ucyildiz Arms Ltd Inc. It is a compact semi-automatic pistol which is obviously intended for police, security and civilian (where permitted by law) use. It appears to be heavily influenced by Austrian Glock pistols in its design, although Akdal Ghost pistol has improved ergonomics, especially in the grip area.

Akdal Ghost TR-01 pistol is short recoil operated, locked breech pistol. It uses modified Browning-type locking, in which barrel engages the slide with single lug, entering the ejection window. Unlocking and locking (lowering and rise of the barrel) is controlled by cam-shaped projection below the chamber, which interacts with steel insert, removably set into the polymer frame. The pistol is striker-fired and utilizes pre-cocked striker, which is put to full cock by the pull on the trigger. In case of the misfire, user has no 'second strike' capability and must cycle the slide to re-cock the striker to its pre-set state. Pistol also has no manual safeties; instead, it has automatic trigger and firing pin safeties. Magazines are double stack, holding 15 rounds of ammunition, with magazine release button located at the base of the trigger guard. Sights are fixed, and dovetailed into the slide. The polymer frame features removable backstraps (of different sizes), and an integral accessory Picatinny rail below the barrel.

http://modernfirearms.net/handguns/hg/tr/akdal-ghost-e.html

@cabatli_53 and @T-123456 and @Neptune @Sinan @BARS @TheConquerer Can you people tell more about this handgun

@Zarvan

In a youtube video comment section person related to gun person named "Muhammed Gültekin" a weapon mechanic (fixer, repairer) from Kütahya/Turkey says "To make it light on top of gun, they made on inside and outside surface 1mm or ticker. And that causes top part of the gun to crack".

Note: I am from Kütahya too.

According to another youtube comment there is legal issues for the Akdal Arms for selling 15000 illegal firearms to Dubai.
According to wikipedia page gun designed in 1990 and been procuded ever since.

Ucyildiz Arms Ind.Co.Ltd.is the biggest manufacturer and exporter of Blank Firing Replica Guns and Air Guns in Turkey with the well known brand names "Blow" and "Voltran". They have been exporting their products more than 25 countries around the world with the production capacity of 50.000 pieces monthly (their claim not mine, note that not all they produce firearms).

According to Turkish Undersecretariat for Defense Industries company established in 2003. (how do they produce the gun since 1990?)
Company employs 180 people.

Member named "kovan35" in tabancatufekcom says bought gun turn out defect, they accepted to chang it he demanded visual make up to the gun they made it. Then he gone to a factory visit. He says he used MKEK 9mm that is produced on different dates, he used bullets with cores (he means he used blanks too).

He made 50 shots there was no jamming. He used man shaped iron targets. Shots from 15 metres to the head and torso had a good dispersion. He compares the trigger to a CZ gun and says Akdal Ghost better. He had no problem changing magazine. Bolt magazine rejected 15th bullet (didnt fire, jammed, i dont know). He claims according to his expertise this gun has 30000 shots of lifetime.

They say you can use Glock 19 magazines on this gun but CZ 75 you cannot.

I couldnt find a price for Ghost TR01 but second hand (used) Ghost TR02 priced 1300-1500 TL (345.58-398.75 USD)

Apperently according to youtube videos Akdal made sales to Latin America and they are pissed. Glock seems more accurate.

Also Turkish Armed Forces, Turkish Defence Agencies, Turkish Police do not prefer this gun.

My conclusion is this gun is bad. Look for newer models of guns. Comparing to products of arms industry this gun is ancient.

Back
Top Bottom