What's new

Turkish Made Assault Rifle MPT (Both 7.62mm and 5.56mm)

BordoEnes

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Looks like the problem of having wether 5.56 or 7.62 is solved completly :)

FRQqG.jpg

Also

ScreenShot259.jpg

I almost forgot it, it was going to enter serial produce this summer, whats happened ?

7.62mm single shots is the best. Many people complain about the 7.62mm round but ofc you will complain when you shoot full auto. Full auto is nothing else but waste of ammo. No need to fire on full auto. Just single shots with bigger round is much accurater and deadlier.

I can't understand how the weapon can fire both 5.56 and 7.62... Are they going to make it very easy to change the barrel so when needed they just need to change the barrel and they are ready to go?

Or like KRISS that can fire both 9mm and 45.?

And KRISS has some serious tech, I don't think any Turkish firm can develop something close to KRISS anytime soon.

I can't understand how the weapon can fire both 5.56 and 7.62... Are they going to make it very easy to change the barrel so when needed they just need to change the barrel and they are ready to go?

Or like KRISS that can fire both 9mm and 45.?

And KRISS has some serious tech, I don't think any Turkish firm can develop something close to KRISS anytime soon.

Just switch the barrel, Done in a couple seconds.

i think there are already rifle exists in the market from which you can fire 2 or even 3 type of ammo..

Whatever they make, I just want to see serial production starts this summer, its already took so long.

Just switch the barrel, Done in a couple seconds.

But won't it reduce the quality of inner parts if they aren't specially built for 7.62 or 5.56 then they had to be less accurate right? When you gain something you have to lose something in return...

But won't it reduce the quality of inner parts if they aren't specially built for 7.62 or 5.56 then they had to be less accurate right? When you gain something you have to lose something in return...

Dont really know, From what i knew switching barrel is done regulairly but you also need a specific mechanisme that makes it possible so i think the accuracy and all wouldnt be much effected since the MPT is made to be equipt with both Barrels.

So the mechanism doesnt count?

Can you explain how please..

The mechanisme is what made it possible to carry both barrels.

I cant really go into detailes because weapons mechanismes and all are not really my specialty.

I think there is 2 differend rifles in development. First one is 5,56mm and the second one is 7,62mm.

You can change a rifle's/carbine's caliber by switching the barrel and the bolt. This applies to most weapons today especially those based on AR15 design(HK416/417, Browning ACR etc etc.) not a big deal.

And im sure there will be different types of barrels available to switch the role of the weapon.

You can change a rifle's/carbine's caliber by switching the barrel and the bolt. This applies to most weapons today especially those based on AR15 design(HK416/417, Browning ACR etc etc.) not a big deal.

And im sure there will be different types of barrels available to switch the role of the weapon.

Now things are more clear =)

Back
Top Bottom