What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

PULAT APS and robotization package for ACV-15 by ASELSAN

ZMA-Modernizasyonu-ACV-15-Aselsan-FNSS.jpg

While carrying out a number of projects to satisfy the current needs of Turkish Armed Forces, ASELSAN, which is the locomotive of Turkish defense industry, also prepares for the future of the Force.

Discerning the needs of combat environment in advance as well as swiftly responding to the current combat environment ASELSAN had exhibited the preliminary example of this during the Operation Euphrates Shield. Based on the package created for the Leopard 2 NG Project, ASELSAN presented a quick solution in order for M60T tanks to adatp to asymmetrical combat environment.

During the operations in Syria, it was noticed that apart from the tanks in the TAF inventory, ACV-15 Armoured Combat Vehicle (ACV) should be modernized. Considering the importance of this need, ASELSAN as the prime contractor and FNSS as the subcontractor signed an agreement.

In the project, ASELSAN will present NEFER 25mm weapon system it developed exclusively for armoured combat vehicles for the need of Turkish Land Forces Command. In addition, the company incumbent on the system as the prime contractor and will integrate the ASELSAN systems, developed for ALTAY Project and integrated within the scope of M60 FIRAT Project as well as other various subsystems armour, protective coating, mine protectio, Automatic Fire Extinguishing System, Chemical-Biological-Radiological-Nuclear System, Air Conditioning from other stakeholders.

Within the scope of the project, ASELSAN will conduct technology demonstration studies on unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) applications and PULAT Active Protection System (APS) integration with fundamental resources. The ACV modernization project has prominent role as it is incumbent upon the management of the activities regarding ASELSAN’s armoured vehicles.

Besides, Presidenct of Defense Industries Department of Land Platforms has a high level of awareness in the fact that ASELSAN should allocate more resources and effort to build the necessary infrastructure particularly for heavy class UGV in line with the expectation that, in the forthcoming days, unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs) will shift.

https://en.defenceturk.net/first-i-class-tcg-istanbul-will-be-launched-by-the-end-of-2020/

I hope we upgrade a number of these while simultaneously building new IFVs. This shouldn't be an excuse not to buy Tulpars, Kaplans, Pars, etc.

I hope we upgrade a number of these while simultaneously building new IFVs. This shouldn't be an excuse not to buy Tulpars, Kaplans, Pars, etc.

I don't see why we should buy any more tracked vehicles, tbh. Seems like a waste of money, especially when considering the new tracked vehicles won't be anymore more survivable than our existing AIFV...

If they are going for heavy AIFV, then sure, anything on par with our current AIFV, nahhhhh..

I don't see why we should buy any more tracked vehicles, tbh. Seems like a waste of money, especially when considering the new tracked vehicles won't be anymore more survivable than our existing AIFV...

If they are going for heavy AIFV, then sure, anything on par with our current AIFV, nahhhhh..

I think the ACV 15 is STANAG level 4 whereas the Tulpar is STANAG level 5.

So there is a difference. The thing is though that a lot of the subsystems, optics and other stuff are so much more advanced in our domestically designed IFVs. It's a shame that we made so many of them yet haven't bought any. If we could use the knowhow to make a heavy IFV then that would be great.

Maybe the reason behind is the short budget? Just try to compare the first prototypes of FNSS's Kaplan STA vehicles with the final product; then you'll see the real reason behind. TSK doesn't have enough budget for everything(well maybe except ordering new Kirpi and Vurans...) We couldn't even order the Combat Systems for the I class except the lead ship of its class...

Our Land Forces Mech Force First 5 Priority ;

1- Completion Of 160-165 M-60TM Fırat (Fırat = Lwr, Yamgöz,Rcws, ) TM (PULAT APS)

M-60TM.jpg

2- Completion Of 335 Leopard 2TM Modernization (LWR,RCWS,YAMGÖZ, ERA ARMOUR, PULAT/AKKOR APS, SLAT)

untitled-3-png.630005

-------------------------------- Creating Total 500 First Tier Battle Survival Tank Class----------------------------

3- Modernizeing 600 Acv-15 + 400 Acv-s with Nefer-25 + Coaxial Anti tank Launcher + Lwr+ Rcws + Yamgöz.

aselsandan-acv-15e-pulat-aks-ve-insansizlastirma-paketi.jpg

+

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-05-24-110511-www-google-com.png

------------------------Creating 1000 Battle Capable And Tank Survival ACV Class------------------------------------

4- Buying or Licenced Production Of Dm-53 KE SABOT Class or Equivlant Ammo. Our Sabot ammo's are bad quality and cant penetrate more millimeter of armour.

dm53-png.379676

5- İncreasing Sta's missile capability 2 to 4 and change him missile type omtas to 8 km ranged Umtas Lazer Guided and add him retractable mast optronic flir like kmc cirit.

Resim2_edited-14-360x250.jpg

Just because for engageing targets in the range of nlos. Because this vehicle's easily penetrable on 4 km medium range anti tank class.

Without This Stop-Gap Plan Our Land Forces will under big deficiency.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medium Period Plans ;

1- Take a tech transfer and licenced Production Of Fiat MTCA 12V (1,270 hp) or Rolls-Royce CV12 1,200 hp or

KMDB 6TD-2 1,200 hp.

other-rolls-royce-cv-12,dd4f00d2-1.jpg

2- Makeing 120mm L/55 Unmanned Turret And locate 3 crew to altay chasis and integrate him news 1200 hp engine and create armata like tank like europans did on Mgcs project.

untitled-4-jpg.634254

2- Creating Future's ACV's, With Aselsan Korhan + Coaxial Atgm + Fire Control Radar for radar guided anti tank againts tanks and aerial vehicles for 35 mm Atom

5c8d077d07291c1d74011900.jpg

Is this web site Greek ministery of defence public announcer or a free media reporter?
LOL this is what I'm saying, with some time and effort; I can open a website and claim that all Greeks are ethnic Turks or so and nobody would question me because according to most people no websites on the internet cannot be wrong... :lol:

aselsandan-acv-15e-pulat-aks-ve-insansizlastirma-paketi.jpg

There are two turret types in picture.
1)25mm nefer turret : don't you think the turret lacks ATGM? The ATGM pod for 2 OMTAS wouldn't disturb. They could just add a pod in case of need pods could be loaded. You dont have to load atgm every IFV but pod is vital.
IMG_20200524_130925.jpg

2: the other turret is smarter but there is a box which i cant identify.
It might be camera either atgm?

Sensor pod I think. On the other hand our defense firms in real treason about this problem.

Firms dont want coaxial atgm for selling plus atgm vecihle to army On the other hand unmanned turret makers also dont want him for selling extra anti tank pod.

Bu logistic officers also dont want also, I dont think why ? Due for old nato m113 tow doctrine. I dont know.

2AFjpvd5EkYOoQxbWNm28_mn80zf4MfD_kYugjRhSzHXr7BR4Dmt043kCNm_5YGyQMNsTzSbNfpow34g423LQI6phq8K6s8U554Ufu4TEv2s3wg_8cvUyjo

First we look his specs ;

Armour Coverage ;

General Specs ;

+ Good Armour Coverage

+ Efficiency againts Helicopter, Uavs with 35 mm and Atom smart ammo from 4 km.

+ Akkor or pulat Active Protection Systems

+ 360 degree vr vision systems.

+ Laser warning and advanced passive protection systems.

+ Driver vision systems.

+İntegrated Gps

Etc.

I suggest two thing plus korhan specs, with this improvements he will be most succesfull ifv of the world ;

1- Coaxial Low Cost Tanok or Umtas/omtas Anti Tank Launcher from 4/6/8 km ;

Dkll5ck-Xo-AAZJmj-jpg-large.jpg

Right One with him.

2- İntegrated Acar- K Radar ;

18_acar.png

He can be detect from 25 km air targets, 20 km from land target, 12 km from infantry with the total 60 target capacity with 360 degree coverage mode ;

Opera-Anl-k-G-r-nt-2020-05-26-133812-www-youtube-com.png

----------

So he can be engage aerial target first detect him with acar-k and lock him with gunner sight and can penetrate him 35mm Parm-ATOM easily (anti tanks, uavs, helicopters) from 4 km.

Also he can be easily detect armoured vehicles from nlos range and engage him 6-8 km with low cost tanok or umtas ammo without penetrated by tanks.

And last one he can share acar-k radar info with tanks and improve of awarness of our tanks.

Secure him from air, tanks and infantry and improve his awarness with less prices.

Best Friend of tanks imo.

Yerli motorlu zırhlılar geliyor: • Özel Maksatlı Taktik Tekerlekli Zırhlı Araçlar Projesi'nde 6x6 ve 8x8 araç için platform/motor çalışmaları sürüyor • Yerli motorlar bu yıl ortaya çıkacak, 2021'den itibaren araçlarda yer alacak
@FNSS_Savunma
@Tumosan
https://aa.com.tr/tr/bilim-teknoloji/yerli-motorlu-zirhli-araclar-2021de-geliyor/1859517…
Translated from Turkish by
Domestic motorized battleships are coming: • Platform / engine works for 6x6 and 8x8 vehicles continue in the Special Purpose Tactical Wheeled Armored Vehicles Project. • Domestic engines will appear this year, and will be included in vehicles from 2021.
@FNSS_Savunma
@Tumosan
https://aa.com.tr/tr/bilim-tekno

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom