What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

^^^It's not the same, the old Kaya's driving compartment and crew compartment were separate but now they are one. So this is a new design they are aesthetically different as well.

Otokar Kaya 1 and Kaya 2 should be defunct and Otokar should only promote this new Kaya.

Yeah actually you're right. That's a big change. I wonder why they don't give it a new name.

^^^It's not the same, the old Kaya's driving compartment and crew compartment were separate but now they are one. So this is a new design they are aesthetically different as well.

KAYA I was suppose to be modular, crew compartment could be swapped out for a flat bed. Turkey is lacking in the armoured truck department, Otokar has a solution and so does Nurol.
Otokar_Kaya_wheeled_armoured_vehicle_mine_protected_Turkey_Turkish_004.jpg

KAYA II is a dedicated troop carrier MRAP, I believe this new type is an improved KAYA II.

KAYA I was suppose to be modular, crew compartment could be swapped out for a flat bed. Turkey is lacking in the armoured truck department, Otokar has a solution and so does Nurol.

Kaya 1 is based on the Unimog chassis, Otokar was trying to tap in to TSK's Unimog stash but no conversions so far. Maybe a good idea but it's unsuccessful.

KAYA II is a dedicated troop carrier MRAP, I believe this new type is an improved KAYA II.

Yes this new Kaya(3?) has more similarities to Kaya 2 than 1 but why did Otokar place this new Kaya's brochure at Kaya 1's page?

They either made a mistake or Kaya 1 is defunct and they are coming up with new design under the same name.

Let me makes things more clear here. The initial Kaya was intended as a modular troop/cargo carrier something similair to the Unimogs in Turkish inventory with some uparmored variants. This does nothing however change the fact they are essentialy one vehicle. Then at some point they completly changed the design specificly for the Army considering it was in dire need for MRAP's (Which if i remember correctly was before we got the Kirpi's) So neccesary changes were made but the initial roles still maintained. The Kaya II however is a dedicated MRAP/Troop carrier based on the Kaya I. The Kale is an MRAP project not based on the Unimogs. The SSM catalog confirms my statement.

Savunma Sanayii Müsteşarlığı - Ürün Kataloğu

Initial Troop/Cargo carrier version.
02.jpg

OtokarKaya_002.jpg

Latest Kaya version with Mine resistance
unbenannt1uluhi.png

Kaya II Dedicated MRAP/Troop Carrier
kaya-2-01.jpg

So there is no Kaya III

It is Kaya-2, not a new variant...
It's not Kaya 2 If it was Kaya 2 Otokar would not place the brochure in Kaya 1's page this shows that Kaya 1 is defunct and this new Kaya(3) will take it's place under the same name.

I can't post links but check page 14 of ssm urun katalog.

@BordoEnes Lets tag this new Kaya as Kaya 3 to differentiate between the two or lets name it as the old Kaya and the new Kaya or something.

Kaya or Kale or Yalcin are not seems to better then Kirpi.

But if i had the choice i would order some Kaya´s,Kirpis and Yalcins for the Troops in the Eastern Turkey.

It's not Kaya 2 If it was Kaya 2 Otokar would not place the brochure in Kaya 1's page this shows that Kaya 1 is defunct and this new Kaya(3) will take it's place under the same name.

@BordoEnes Lets tag this new Kaya as Kaya 3 to differentiate between the two or lets name it as the old Kaya and the new Kaya or something.

No that would make it unneccessary annoying and complex. There are plentyfull of armored vehicles that drasticly changed throughout its development, this is nothing new and its happens all the time at most project.

Kaya or Kale or Yalcin are not seems to better then Kirpi.

But if i had the choice i would order some Kaya´s,Kirpis and Yalcins for the Troops in the Eastern Turkey.

AFAIK The Kirpi's bottom has Stanag 4569 Level 3B protection whilst the Kaya I Mine Resistant variant is said to have around Stanag 4569 Level 4.

It is Kaya-2 with a littile makeup :D Calm down

That's Arma

Otokar_Armaya_Ilk_Siparis_Yurtdisindan_11784_2_large.jpg

That's also Arma
D90_52265.jpg

That's also Arma
BMP-3kulelArma_zps4d83edbe.jpg

:)

AFAIK The Kirpi's bottom has Stanag 4569 Level 3B protection whilst the Kaya I Mine Resistant variant is said to have around Stanag 4569 Level 4.

Bro, Kirpi provides Stanag-4 for mines, Stanag-3 for ballistic protection.

Giving the same exact name to a design that's associated with another design which looks really different is wrong IMO, it will only cause confusion and this is not advertised as Kaya 2 but as Kaya so there is a huge difference if this was advertised as kaya 2 we would of said its just a facelift but this is advertised as Kaya.

Either Kaya 1 design is defunct and we have two Kaya's that look similar to each other but in different weight(see urun katalog) or maybe somebody at Otokar made a mistake and name this as Kaya.

Giving the same exact name to a design that's associated with another design which looks really different is wrong IMO, it will only cause confusion and this is not advertised as Kaya 2 but as Kaya so there is a huge difference if this was advertised as kaya 2 we would of said its just a facelift but this is advertised as Kaya.

Either Kaya 1 design is defunct and we have two Kaya's that look similar to each other but in different weight(see urun katalog) or maybe somebody at Otokar made a mistake and name this as Kaya.

If Otokar developed a new variant, You would have seen it in a fair or an official ceremony instead of SSM product catalogue.

If Otokar developed a new variant, You would have seen it in a fair or an official ceremony instead of SSM product catalogue.

Check Otokar Kaya's product brochure in Otokar's website. What conclusion do you come up to? Just a mistake?

Back
Top Bottom