What's new

Turkish Land Vehicle Programs

In the operation video it was standing at a crossroad in Agri region. It had no turret. Maybe it is tested as personal carrier in real combat circumstances. But cause Arma and Pars have similar shape I am not more sure whether Arma or Pars. In the 1 second view we can see 8x8 model.

Turkey - ARMA Multi Wheeled Armored Combat Vehicle

4 prototypes produced long time ago
"Otokar had completed the production of four ARMA 8x8 prototypes, each equippedwith different weapon stations: a 12.7mm Rafael Mini-Samson RCWS, a 20mm Nexter,a 12.7mm HB and a Mizrak-30 RCWS armed with a 30mm Mauser Mk30-2 automatic gun."

I want to see Turkish IFV with 120mm self loaded mortar like a Russian Gvozdika or BTR NONA.

Our FNSS IFV's firing when opened top side :) IFV must be fully closed. Loading and firing system not comfartable.
ACV-15_SPM_120mm_self-propelled_mortar_carrier_armoured_vehicle_FNSS_Turkey_Turkish_defence_industry_military_technology_640.jpg

IFVs with mortar best gun in todays hybridwars.

In Ukraine war they are verrty populer and usefull.
120mm faster and comfartable than 155mm howitzer. Remember that in hybridwar your enemies little and fast objects.
Firtina155mm verry big, ammunitions verry big. They need another vehicle for ammo. Loading and firing not smart.
120mm howitzer or mortar also need for anti terrorism war. Because ammo range longer 10km!
Tanks ammo range maximum 4 km.
Russians Gvozdika best IFV with mortar.

2s1-gvozdika-122-mm-samooaya-gauia-08.jpg

6678053441_710c91de27_b.jpg
hd_92aeec341c.JPG

Gvozdika can firing when running. Also can use antitank!!! Gvozdika use 3 diffrent type of ammo.!!
Aiming systems, loading systems very fast and comfartable.
Turkey has 107 and 122 mm rocket launchers.. isnt it enough for close artillery support?

Artillery more accuracy than rockets(Unguided). Rocket artillery (unguided) able to fast attack to big lands.
1) Howitzer faster and more accuracy than mortars and rockets.
2) Mortar faster and more accuracy than rockets.
3) Rockets are slows and they have a poor accuracy but they warheads bigger. They can be guided easly. Because they are slowier.

Gps guided rocket, it is the best solution for anti-terorism, if you have good intelligence and you know that where is your enemies! If you don't know anything about terorists , it will be much expensive for you!

Artillery: Israel Changes Everything
Israelis estimated that gps guided artillery rockets more economic and effective. They are giving up using artilery.
This radical shift in artillery weapons has been coming since the 2006 war with Hezbollah, when the Israelis found that they did little damage to Hezbollah bunkers, even though over 120,000 unguided 155mm shells were fired at them. Meanwhile, they noted that the U.S. 227mm MLRS rockets with GPS guidance was excellent at taking out similar targets in Iraq and Afghanistan. So Israel equipped its 160mm Accular rockets with GPS. These 110 kg (242 pound) rockets have a range of 40 kilometers and enable one bunker to be destroyed with one rocket. The larger and more accurate (lands within 5 meters of the target versus 10 meters) Romach came out of that project.

Israel always recognized the superiority of GPS in some situations. For example, Israel developed LORA (Long Range Artillery Rocket) which is similar to the U.S. ATACMS. Each LORA missile weighs 1.23 tons and carries a half ton warhead. With a range of 300 kilometers, GPS guidance is used to land the warhead within 10 meters (31 feet) of the aim point. These missiles are expensive. The similar U.S. ATACMS, which is fired from a MLRS container that normally carries six of the standard MLRS rockets, cost a million dollars each. It's often a lot cheaper if you can use smart bombs (which cost less than $50,000). But if you don't have aircraft up there, or control of the air is contested, you can get a LORA missile on a target within ten minutes of the order being given.

The United States has shared its experience with GPS guided rockets in Iraq and Afghanistan, providing data on how these weapons actually perform in built-up areas. This made it clear that GPS guided rockets were the way to go for targets in Gaza. Israel expects to replace a lot of artillery shells, air delivered missiles, and bombs with its GPS guided rockets and take out more targets with far fewer rockets and artillery shells.

Last edited:
Artilley more acciracy than rockets. Rocket artillery(unguided) able to fast attack to big lands.
1) Howitzer faster and more accuracy than mortars and rockets.
2) Mortar faster and more accuracy than rockets.
3)Rockets slows has a poor accuracy but warheads bigger. They can be guided easly. Because they are slowier.

Gps guided rocket, it is the best solution for antiterorism, if you have good intelligence and you know where is your enemeis! If you don't know anything about terorists , it will be much expensive for you!

Artillery: Israel Changes Everything
Israelis estimated that gps guided artillery rockets more economic and effective. They are giving up using artilery.
This radical shift in artillery weapons has been coming since the 2006 war with Hezbollah, when the Israelis found that they did little damage to Hezbollah bunkers, even though over 120,000 unguided 155mm shells were fired at them. Meanwhile, they noted that the U.S. 227mm MLRS rockets with GPS guidance was excellent at taking out similar targets in Iraq and Afghanistan. So Israel equipped its 160mm Accular rockets with GPS. These 110 kg (242 pound) rockets have a range of 40 kilometers and enable one bunker to be destroyed with one rocket. The larger and more accurate (lands within 5 meters of the target versus 10 meters) Romach came out of that project.

Israel always recognized the superiority of GPS in some situations. For example, Israel developed LORA (Long Range Artillery Rocket) which is similar to the U.S. ATACMS. Each LORA missile weighs 1.23 tons and carries a half ton warhead. With a range of 300 kilometers, GPS guidance is used to land the warhead within 10 meters (31 feet) of the aim point. These missiles are expensive. The similar U.S. ATACMS, which is fired from a MLRS container that normally carries six of the standard MLRS rockets, cost a million dollars each. It's often a lot cheaper if you can use smart bombs (which cost less than $50,000). But if you don't have aircraft up there, or control of the air is contested, you can get a LORA missile on a target within ten minutes of the order being given.

The United States has shared its experience with GPS guided rockets in Iraq and Afghanistan, providing data on how these weapons actually perform in built-up areas. This made it clear that GPS guided rockets were the way to go for targets in Gaza. Israel expects to replace a lot of artillery shells, air delivered missiles, and bombs with its GPS guided rockets and take out more targets with far fewer rockets and artillery shells.

I knew that link was gonna go to strategypage before even looking at it. Israeli propaganda site.

I knew that link was gonna go to strategypage before even looking at it. Israeli propaganda site.
I just want to give information. Information, knowledge and science in the Israel or in Turkey or in Pakistan or in US they are same. Doesnt metter where they from! What and where is in this text Israeli propaganda? LOL.

Israeli and Jews also people like us. May be some Jews better than Muslim. Jews people hardworker they are not lazy.

I just want to give information. Information, knowledge and science in the Israel or in Turkey or in Pakistan or in US they are same. Doesnt metter where they from! What and where is in this text Israeli propaganda? LOL.

Israeli and Jews also people like us. May be some Jews better than Muslim. Jews people hardworker they are not lazy.

Indeed. I agree to it

We should accelerate land vehicle programs in this condition...

Agreed. I have mentioned this many times before but we should really be looking to induct this land vehicle programs into turkish inventory and service. Have some diversity whilst still supporting local defence company and industry by, for example purchasing some Kaya I/Kaya II/Kale MRAP's from Otokar to complement the Kirpi's. Either purchase some Arma's or Pars for some much needed quality reliable wheeled armored troop carriage that can replace the ancient trash cans BTR's.

Its extremely frustrating when we have all these high grade military systems yet we are taking our sweet time ordering and inducting them.

Agreed. I have mentioned this many times before but we should really be looking to induct this land vehicle programs into turkish inventory and service. Have some diversity whilst still supporting local defence company and industry by, for example purchasing some Kaya I/Kaya II/Kale MRAP's from Otokar to complement the Kirpi's. Either purchase some Arma's or Pars for some much needed quality reliable wheeled armored troop carriage that can replace the ancient trash cans BTR's.

Its extremely frustrating when we have all these high grade military systems yet we are taking our sweet time ordering and inducting them.

I said this before but i repeat here... We should also change our Land Rover choice... Way of wars started to include city wars and Land Rovers are so weak... I think our army should request this kind of vehicles from our companies for replacement of Land Rovers...

1.jpg

I said this before but i repeat here... We should also change our Land Rover choice... Way of wars started to include city wars and Land Rovers are so weak... I think our army should request this kind of vehicles from our companies for replacement of Land Rovers...

View attachment 243636

I was about to suggest the same. A domestic alternative to our light utility vehicles which consist mostly of Land Rovers. Something like an uparmored Humvee or as you posted Emirate Nimr.

Last edited:
You guys are forgetting that this is a war on terror, you do A they do B to counter you.

There are already video's showing them ignoring the Kirpi's to hit the Cobra's. But if every vehicle is a Kirpi they will still find a way to target them. Example; somehow forcing them to stop and get the soldiers to dismount to hit them when they're vulnerable.

Or they will just make their IEDs bigger, there are plenty of video's from Afghanistan showing MRAPs being blown to bits and pieces. Just a couple days ago an Oshkosh MRAP was wrecked in Yemen resulting in the death of three UAE soldiers.

Nevertheless, I agree that we should remove the Shorland/Akrep-types from active duty in the S.east as soon as possible. It was probably one of the first successful programs done by Otokar and they've been used to good extent but the initial design is almost 20 years old and it shows as it lacks for the type of warfare we're seeing in s.east Turkey as well as in the general region.

If it isn't the IED's, then it will be the frequent crashes they have that will end up costing lives.

Back
Top Bottom