Turkish special purpose tactical vehicle project:

-121 command-control vehicle 6x6 with 25mm turret
-217 reconnaisance vehicle 8x8 with E/O
-74 radar vehicle 6x6 with mast radar
-60 KBRN vehicle 8x8 with RCWS

Total vehicles by configurations:

195 vehicle 6x6
277 vehicle 8x8

I hope FNSS gets this and other weapon carrier vehicle project tender... I love FNSS products, they are so good... It makes 732 vehicles in total... OTOKAR will produce atleast 1.000 ALTAYs... I think it's fair enough also...

What's your opinion Cabatli ?..

I hope FNSS gets this and other weapon carrier vehicle project tender... I love FNSS products, they are so good... It makes 732 vehicles in total... OTOKAR will produce atleast 1.000 ALTAYs... I think it's fair enough also...

Did Otokar won the tender? :what:

I hate FNSS (Nurol %51+BAE %49) working strategy, While admiring Otokar's efforts, impressive research and development activities, test centers, professional styles on all platforms. All FNSS development strategies are based on "money". FNSS was established to produce thousands of M-113 vehicles initially, Later They sit on their chairs to expect more tenders to develop something usefull thanks to self-confidence gained from M-113 project. It is Otokar as a domestic rival, pushes FNSS to do something but FNSS can't cope with Otokar. With state of art TulPar, Otokar destroyed all respectabilities of FNSS which has already been offering M-113 like designs to Turkey and ally countries since 1990's.

Competition is vital indeed. Noone said FNSS should be closed. What I am talking is their visions and working styles... For example, Otokar doesn't ask SSM money before development of a program. They have a vision in world class and Their product families are selling like cheese. I think It is FNSS needing some pressure and Having a domestic rival like Otokar is the worst thing for an institute like FNSS...

@cabatli_53 - Does Turkey manufacture gatling guns?

Unfortunately No. We have stabilized gathling guns that was exported to some Arab countries but Gathling mechanizm are ordered abroad...
ba3ce71fa92bee686f58047457c73cc8.jpg

Nurol ILGAZ seen being used by riot police in recent clashes.
1af6810ffd2566a1b5584fea77ccd9af.jpg

Interesting. There have been no public tenders and yet we see a lot of the new vehicles already in the inventory of the police.

A bit old video...

I wonder for who are they producing these Otokar AKREP's(0:10)..I hope not for TSK

Interesting. There have been no public tenders and yet we see a lot of the new vehicles already in the inventory of the police.
AFAIK these vehicles are for testing&trials so they only purchased a few units.So there was no tenders announced.

I wonder for who are they producing these Otokar AKREP's(0:10)..I hope not for TSK

AFAIK these vehicles are for testing&trials so they only purchased a few units.So there was no tenders announced.

Production line was going to be discontinued, so Otokar offered Modernization package. They are most likely being modernized..
c0fb159f0de2284d544f13b39c07d31f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom