What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

Turkish hybrid shunter on show
18 Sep 2018
guzelik.JPG

Turkish national freight operator TCDD Tasımacılık is to take delivery of up to 11 diesel-battery hybrid shunting locomotives if deployment of a prototype developed by Aselsan and Tülomsaş proves successful.

The two companies used the InnoTrans trade show in Berlin to introduce the hybrid loco, which has been extensively rebuilt from a legacy design widely used by TCDD. Only the underframe remains of the principal components, said Yetkin Telcı, Lead Engineer for Transportation & Energy Systems at Aselsan.

The two companies spent more than a year rebuilding the locomotive to provide three operating modes, diesel, combined diesel with battery and battery only. When running in hybrid mode, a computer-based traction control system blends the diesel and battery powerpacks without driver intervention.

The HSL-700 is rated at 700 kW and weighs 68 tonnes. The lithium ion battery pack is rated at 400 kW; maximum speed is 80 km/h. The loco is to undergo commissioning and running trials with TCDD Tasımacılık until at least mid-2019 before series production of two batches of five locos begins.

Aselsan is planning to produce medical devices. Imports of $ 2 billion per year will be reduced.
The first prototype Mobile digital X-ray and MR device in 2019.

This is a milestone for the industry and hope for more to come in other equipment.
Germany (Siemens), US (GE), South Korea (Samsung) are the leaders in this sector. Turkey is playing catch up but it will surely find the market and fill the void.

About Us

Since its foundation, Imtek Cryogenics has developed and manufactured cryogenic test and measurement systems, cryogenic liquid plants, and customer-specific engineering solutions. Imtek Cryogenics offers a wide range of high performance and energy efficient cryogenic products for IVF, Dermatology, Cryotherapy and Animal Husbandry Centers, R&D Laboratories and Clean Rooms.

Recently, Imtek Cryogenics expanded R&D activities on the efficiency improvement of the cryoplants to lower the unit cost of LN2. The ultra precision machining laboratory at Imtek Cryogenics houses a range of ultra precision turning and milling machines from leading suppliers. Machined work pieces have been manufactured to micron size and sub-micron geometric tolerances with very low surface roughness (down to Ra=0.010 μm). Examples are optical components and air bearing systems. The metrology laboratory is a high class measuring facility dedicated to perform geometrical measurements with extreme high accuracies. With a focus on 3D-metrology and forms measurements are carried out on high-end standard equipment or own built apparatus.

IMTEK Cryogenics with 30-year-experience on the field, has always been an expanding and creative engineering company looking to a bright future.

http://www.imtekcryogenics.com/en

Özel alümina'yı halihazırda sadece ABD, Almanya, Çin ve Rusya'nın üretebildiğini ifade eden Arkan, "Stratejik ürünlerde kimse teknoloji paylaşmıyor. Bu nedenle her ülke kendisi geliştirmek zorunda. 'Şeffaf Zırh'ın hammaddesi olan özel alümina çok değerli ve temini zor olduğu için paranız olsa da istediğiniz kadar alamıyorsunuz. Bu ürünün geliştirilmesiyle birlikte yerli tank, yerli uçak, yerli otomobil, savaş gemisi, füze gibi çok önemli savunma sanayi araçlarının yapımında gerekli olan bir maddede sıkıntıyı aşmış olduk.

1100 kişi daha istihdam ederek 3100 kişiye ulaşacağız. Dolaylı istihdamla birlikte en az 15 bin kişiye iş imkânı sağlayacağız. Eti Alüminyum 250 milyon dolarlık alüminyum ithalatının önüne geçiyor. Demek ki 10 yılda ortalama 2.5 milyar dolar ithalatı önlemişiz. Yeni yatırımla yılda 550 milyon dolarlık ithalatı önleyeceğiz. Türkiye'nin ithalata fren yaptıracak yatırımlar yapması gerekiyor" diye konuştu.

Well Sir Mr. Hexciter, when written in english and it is in english it has to be written aluminum, Aluminium is german! ;-)
Sorry to sneak in, but not really... The English word is also Aluminium but it is shortened to Aluminum in the US.

So many grammar Nazis. :)
A grammar Nazi is someone who would take your ignorance and beat you to death with it. I couldnt care less if you want to be ignorant, I just want to stop you from spreading your ignorance to others. Borg was (unintentionally) misinforming people that is why I corrected him, otherwise there are 36374839 grammatical errors on this forum every day (some of which are, by the way, simple typos like in Cabatli's case).

Last edited:
A grammar Nazi is someone who would take your ignorance and beat you to death with it. I couldnt care less if you want to be ignorant, I just want to stop you from spreading your ignorance to others. Borg was (unintentionally) misinforming people that is why I corrected him, otherwise there are 36374839 grammatical errors on this forum every day (some of which are, by the way, simple typos like in Cabatli's case).
I wish you luck in your ordeal.

Is that the new Turkish car?

Attachments

• 203CC2CF-BFF9-43F3-8B43-9A529AF4DD95.jpeg
    203CC2CF-BFF9-43F3-8B43-9A529AF4DD95.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 169
Back
Top Bottom