What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

Tesla to launch in Turkey in 2018, CEO Elon Musk says
NEW YORK
5af53bfc0f25441550d7d190.jpg

Electric carmaker Tesla plans to launch in Turkey, its chief executive said late on May 10.

“Btw, planning to launch Tesla in Turkeylater this year,” Elon Musk said in a post on his Twitter account.

“Love your country & will be there in person for the launch,” he added.

The company produced more than 300,000 electric vehicles as of February.

The Model S, its most popular car, has sold more than 200,000 units so far and was the world’s best-selling electric vehicle in 2015 and 2016.

The firm released two more models—the Model X SUV and Model 3 sedan—in September 2015 and July 2017, respectively.

Last year, the company also unveiled its electric truck, the Tesla Semi.

Turkey had a total of nearly 12.2 million registered cars by the end of March, according to the most recent data from the Turkish Statistical Institute (TÜİK).

There were 729,500 new passenger car registrations in Turkey last year, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association, compared with 15.1 million in the EU.

While Turkey is highly dependent on oil imports, electric cars could provide some relief for its gasoline consumption.

There are a few hundred Tesla owners in Turkey, who order the cars from abroad.

However, the low number of charging stations and limited services are some of the biggest hurdles for the electric vehicle market in the country, according to experts

I knew those meetings with Erdoğan werent for nothing
With the infamous Turkish taxes it will cost 200'000-300'000$....

Luckily, there is no "huge taxes" on electrical cars. Taxes are huge on the cars that have gasoline engines.

Model-3's base price is 30.000$, with taxes it could be maximum 40.000$. Cheaper than most last-gen gasoline cars.

Luckily, there is no "huge taxes" on electrical cars. Taxes are huge on the cars that have gasoline engines.

Model-3's base price is 30.000$, with taxes it could be maximum 40.000$. Cheaper than most last-gen gasoline cars.
So they actually have different taxes for electric cars?
How much are the taxes?

So they actually have different taxes for electric cars?
How much are the taxes?

Not only have "different taxes" for electrical cars, but all car segments with different classes have different taxes. I don't have the numbers in mind but you can find them on internet easily. The logic of taxes on cars are like;

If you gonna buy XXX>car>XX class gasoline engine, you pay %X00 taxes.
If you gonna buy XX>car>X class gasoline engine, you pay %X0 taxes.
If you gonna buy X>car>hybrid class gasoline engine, you pay %X taxes.
If you gonna buy Electrical cars, you pay %Y taxes.

X > Y.

Not only have "different taxes" for electrical cars, but all car segments with different classes have different taxes. I don't have the numbers in mind but you can find them on internet easily. The logic of taxes on cars are like;

If you gonna buy XXX>car>XX class gasoline engine, you pay %X00 taxes.
If you gonna buy XX>car>X class gasoline engine, you pay %X0 taxes.
If you gonna buy X>car>hybrid class gasoline engine, you pay %X taxes.
If you gonna buy Electrical cars, you pay %Y taxes.

X > Y.
Yeah i know and taxes for normal cars start at 100% so i wanted to compare it.

Tesla to launch in Turkey in 2018, CEO Elon Musk says
NEW YORK
5af53bfc0f25441550d7d190.jpg

Electric carmaker Tesla plans to launch in Turkey, its chief executive said late on May 10.

“Btw, planning to launch Tesla in Turkeylater this year,” Elon Musk said in a post on his Twitter account.

“Love your country & will be there in person for the launch,” he added.

The company produced more than 300,000 electric vehicles as of February.

The Model S, its most popular car, has sold more than 200,000 units so far and was the world’s best-selling electric vehicle in 2015 and 2016.

The firm released two more models—the Model X SUV and Model 3 sedan—in September 2015 and July 2017, respectively.

Last year, the company also unveiled its electric truck, the Tesla Semi.

Turkey had a total of nearly 12.2 million registered cars by the end of March, according to the most recent data from the Turkish Statistical Institute (TÜİK).

There were 729,500 new passenger car registrations in Turkey last year, according to the European Automobile Manufacturers Association, compared with 15.1 million in the EU.

While Turkey is highly dependent on oil imports, electric cars could provide some relief for its gasoline consumption.

There are a few hundred Tesla owners in Turkey, who order the cars from abroad.

However, the low number of charging stations and limited services are some of the biggest hurdles for the electric vehicle market in the country, according to experts

I knew those meetings with Erdoğan werent for nothing

I think it's a bad move bu turkey if they let tesla enter turkish market because they have indigenous car project because both are hybrid car

I think it's a bad move bu turkey if they let tesla enter turkish market because they have indigenous car project because both are hybrid car

Neither are hybrid, both are fully electric. Also Tesla isn't the only electric car available - there's tons in the market including cars manufactured in Turkey.

I think embracing new technology instead of shunning it and going isolationist is a better move as it helps the market to compete better and come up with better tech. Otherwise you'll end up with cheap crap that is pushed on the people at high markup prices (which has repeatedly happened to Turkey in the past).

The more the better.

Turkey Produces Its Own Base Station, Turkcell Deploys It to Bring 4.5G to Rural Anatolia
ULAK.jpg

Setting an example of an efficient public-private partnership in the field of mobile connectivity, Turkcell (NYSE:TKC) (BIST:TCELL) took 4.5G to rural areas in Anatolia as a part of Turkey’s “Universal Connectivity” project. 9 villages in the town of Cankiri, which were previously served only with 2G will now benefit from 4.5G services.

Turkcell deployed Turkey’s nationally-produced base station ULAK to bring 4.5G to these villages.

4.5G deployment in Cankiri comes as a part of the “Universal Connectivity” agreement signed between Turkey’s Ministry of Transportation, Communication and Maritime Affairs and Turkcell. Under the agreement, Turkcell is deploying 4.5G to cover 1799 rural settlements. The agreement also requires 10% use of locally produced base stations.

Honoring not just the letter but the spirit of the agreement, Turkcell plans to deploy Turkey’s nationally-produced base station ULAK for nearly 50% of the “Universal 4.5G Connectivity” project - with Cankiri being one of the first areas to be connected with the national base stations.

Turkcell is the first operator to deploy the Turkish national base station on live network.

“If we want Industry 4.0 to transform the societies, we cannot leave anyone behind, no matter what today’s economic feasibilities suggest. As the digital operator, we are honored to support the Turkish Government in taking 4.5G to rural parts of Turkey,” said Gediz Sezgin, Chief Technology Officer of Turkcell. “We are also proud to see that Turkey today has the capability to support this effort with locally produced technology. We are happy to help foster the growth of Turkey’s local technological capabilities and ecosystem through our deployment of the national base station. Both dimensions of our recent deployment in Cankiri exemplify a public-private partnership done right.”

With ULAK, Turkey becomes one of the first 5 countries to develop its own base station

Turkey’s national base station is developed by Aselsan with the contribution of Netas and Argela, under the coordination of the Undersecretariat of Defence Industries and with the support of Ministry of Transport, Communication and Maritime Affairs, and Information and Communication Technology Agency.

Turkcell has cooperated closely with the national base station project team, communicating industry requirements and helping the production of a competitive product. It plans to deploy the national base station in 700 locations in Turkey as a part of its Universal 4.5G expansion until the end of 2018.

Yeah i know and taxes for normal cars start at 100% so i wanted to compare it.
Let me give an example.

TESLA MODEL X 90 D (motor gücü: 375 kW)

It's above 120 kW so the tax rate will be: %84 ÖTV, %18 KDV

Average Price at the abroad for this model is; $100.000, with the tax it's gonna be $202.000. Since 1$ = 4.3 TL
It's price would be 870.000 TL.....that nobody can afford it.

Let me give an example.

Average Price at the abroad for this model is; $100.000, with the tax it's gonna be $202.000. Since 1$ = 4.3 TL

I think you confused with cars with gasoline engine. It's okay, most people did. That's why some people made an article about it;

http://teslaturk.com/yapilan-otv-zamlari-elektrikli-otomobiller-hakkinda/

ÖTV is %15 for electrical cars that has strongest electrical motors, not %84.

Let me give an example.

Strange. The exchange rate should decrease the imports. Which they do not.

Let me give an example.

Thats what i was thinking but apparently for electric cars the taxes arent that high.

I think you confused with cars with gasoline engine. It's okay, most people did. That's why some people made an article about it;

http://teslaturk.com/yapilan-otv-zamlari-elektrikli-otomobiller-hakkinda/

ÖTV is %15 for electrical cars that has strongest electrical motors, not %84.
That’s old rate. Look at the date of your source.

That’s old rate. Look at the date of your source.
https://shiftdelete.net/elektrikli-otomobil-icin-otv-artirildi

Back
Top Bottom