What's new

Turkish Industry, Science and Technology

How can we invest in everything

As I said it in the nuclear thread our leaders had done wrong to the country and did not invest much we lack in many fields

So we have to decide what is the best for now but I also think we have to do and get what we lack

Windows for example is full with intentional installed backdoors and this can be buffer overflows or else

Also I bet there may be some planted in Linux yes you have the source but do people recheck it like some years ago with the ssl bugs.. I was the strange guy that used his own know source codes and others could not understand why I am not trusting the standard dll files used by everyone
What I want to say is we better have control over things that are valuable or core components like ccommunication layers

I also would say if we would have more positive rise in our economy and have more wealth and more studied people many things will come automatically if the government helps to fund it

@mehmeTcc I accept that, but I am thinking if there is a company in Turkey doing small scale high quality conducters or hardware, keep them supported, don’t let them die out.

My neighbour is CEO of a small company doing these things. They even got production in Thailand. He said they are not in class with the big companies, but they got their own niche.

I think the biovent is a good example. Aselsan help develop the first prototype in 2018. By god we needed covid-19 in 2020 before anyone wanted to invest in them.

Just as vestel and bayraktar were some of the first to develop uav. They got downprioritized while aselsan got everything. They had to wiggle in and prove they are worth every TL and more. To finally get the deserved attention. Imo.

@mehmeTcc
My neighbour is CEO of a small company doing these things. They even got production in Thailand. He said they are not in class with the big companies, but they got their own niche.

I think we are on the same page. My argument was against funding an entire ecosystem of integrated circuit manufacturing instead of finding niches like you described.

Its not just producing semi conductors but also producing the machines that produce semi-conductors. There is only 3 country in the world that produce nano-meter sensitivity cnc machines. USA, Japan and Netherlands. When Taiwan producing CPU, they use dutch machines, south korea uses japanese machnes and intel and amd use american made machines. These machines also so important. Look at china. China cant buy these machines even if they pay 4x time more money. China can only produce 14nm CPU in home county. But world talk 5nm which means 14 nm is centuries behind back in semi-conductor industry.

Huawei is producing their Kirin Cpu in taiwan. Kirin cpu is 7nm designed and cant be produced in china.

That is one of the reasons we need to support domestic companies who’re striving to develop and grow. Companies that become complacant and don’t improve their goods are no good.

The 5G is an exemplary case of how countries like ours can produce value from newer technologies. Erdal Arıkan, who invented polar codes which ultimately led to the widespread adoption of 5G, sold his patents for 964 million dollars recently. Not only that, I for one, being a student of his, know that he is also working with Aselsan to produce yerli ve milli 5G installations. Now notice that this is a single paper, a single research project that has contributed almost 1 billion dollars to the Turkish economy.

Why do we need it for production after selling its patents? Technologies are already open, you pay patents to use them. What good is this guy doing to me after selling his patents to another country?

Why do we need it for production after selling its patents? Technologies are already open, you pay patents to use them. What good is this guy doing to me after selling his patents to another country?

You can't actually sell an IP related to an idea as trivial as polar codes. You can sell design descriptions for several hardware components though, check their work if you are interested: products.html

EW-02-2020-pic-22.jpg
From the Tübitak 2019 annual report:
Tübitak Bilgem made the pre-productions of ÇAKIL, which uses silicon-based RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture (ISA), as a single core and is currently testing it.

Aselsan will be responsible for mass production and commercialization of the processor. It is an open source, free and free Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) to be used in mobile devices and defense where IT and defense giants such as IBM, Thales, Google, nVidia, Micron, Qualcomm, Samsung, BAE Systems come together. Aselsan is also a silver member of the RISC-V foundation.

Last edited:
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord, which combines the Middle-Age action, Rpg and strategy elements developed by Ankara-based Taleworlds studio and reveals a new game genre, has exceeded 2 MILLION sales worldwide.

In the software and entertainment sector, this is a milestone for Turkey is a big step for a new studio for more advanced games.
https://shiftdelete.net/evde-oynanabilecek-en-iyi-orta-cag-savas-oyunlari

Last edited:
I'm happy for them and hope to see more games and civilian software coming out of Turkey, but posting this is in here is probably the wrong place. Except if it's using something special or their own engine which i'm not aware of.

Yes, they developed this game with their own game engines. The fact that the game took 8 years to develop was that they developed their own game engines simultaneously.

View attachment 626835 From the Tübitak 2019 annual report:
Tübitak Bilgem made the pre-productions of ÇAKIL, which uses silicon-based RISC-V Instruction Set Architecture (ISA), as a single core and is currently testing it.

Aselsan will be responsible for mass production and commercialization of the processor. It is an open source, free and free Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) to be used in mobile devices and defense where IT and defense giants such as IBM, Thales, Google, nVidia, Micron, Qualcomm, Samsung, BAE Systems come together. Aselsan is also a silver member of the RISC-V foundation.
Aselsan doing foundry work is really interesting. They used to outsource the stunt work to 3rd parties, I guess that might also mean an in-depth, in-house FPGA production line as well.

I think it is time for them to establish a civilian arm, similar to what they did with ULAK AŞ. They are also working on EMUs and biomedical engineering. They resemble Siemens to me day by day, which is seriously ecstatic :-)

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is sold at 50 USD or EUR. So Their revenue can be up to 100 m$ in less than a month though game is sold at discount and There is about 20-30% "Steam cut" in the gaming industry. So Real number is probably between 30-60m$ in revenue.

There are many other game developers in Turkey but No other game development company tried to develop AAA, other than this company in Turkey. So We should applause them for their courage at least.

I've read and heard this game is the biggest triple A title of 2020 as of yet, in main stream English Tech sources. Considering Original Mounth & Blade and Warband sequals were sold at much lower price and were more of a cult games, And Crysis series was mainly developed at Germany, This game is first AAA/Blockbuster game from Turkey.

I have to add that, Gaming industry makes more revenue than Movie and Music Industries combined, So In order to create high value in Turkey We need this industry. I am hopefully this is first of the many big games coming from this company as well as other Turkish companies following their example.

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord is sold at 50 USD or EUR. So Their revenue can be up to 100 m$ in less than a month though game is sold at discount and There is about 20-30% "Steam cut" in the gaming industry. So Real number is probably between 30-60m$ in revenue.

There are many other game developers in Turkey but No other game development company tried to develop AAA, other than this company in Turkey. So We should applause them for their courage at least.

I've read and heard this game is the biggest triple A title of 2020 as of yet, in main stream English Tech sources. Considering Original Mounth & Blade and Warband sequals were sold at much lower price and were more of a cult games, And Crysis series was mainly developed at Germany, This game is first AAA/Blockbuster game from Turkey.

I have to add that, Gaming industry makes more revenue than Movie and Music Industries combined, So In order to create high value in Turkey We need this industry. I am hopefully this is first of the many big games coming from this company as well as other Turkish companies following their example.
What you said is True. We need more investment in this sector

Back
Top Bottom