What's new

Turkish Football | News, Updates, and Discussions

They were good. Especially Harry Kewell is very good a player. He is talented a player.

Good to hear they're near the end of there careers.

Neil is UAE and Kewell is with Melbourne Victory with a 3 year deal.

LOL. This man knows it. :) I'm not upset one bit over GS's win. They needed it to feel important again.

exactly...

Hep, bu dünya hep yalan dolan, Senin sevgindir aslolan, Sonuna kadar biz, Fenerbahçeliyiz ulan!!!

I'm glad to see that many intelligent Turks thanked my Fenerbahce post.

prestijli tarifindeyiz :D

I'm still waiting for Cabatli though, but i'm worried by his silence. Maybe he's a Cimbo guy.

General r. Musharraf was a die-hard Besiktas fan.....actually i could see the Besiktas stadium from my old flat in Beyoglu area Istanbul.

I'm glad to see that many intelligent Turks thanked my Fenerbahce post.

prestijli tarifindeyiz :D

I'm still waiting for Cabatli though, but i'm worried by his silence. Maybe he's a Cimbo guy.

General r. Musharraf was a die-hard Besiktas fan.....actually i could see the Besiktas stadium from my old flat in Beyoglu area Istanbul.

Yesterday night !!! Galatasaray kicked RealMadrid

First goal RealMadrid reached was a clear offisde...

Last edited by a moderator:
In the first game we had two handballs(penalty kick) not given,it would have changed that game.
Lazio 1-1 Fener.
Go Fener GO(only in europe)

Transfer News: Besiktas sign Demba Ba from Chelsea

715x10002.jpg

Besiktas have completed the signing of striker Demba Ba from Chelsea for a fee of around £4.7million.

Ba, 29, arrived in Istanbul in midweek to undergo a medical and pose with the number nine jersey he will wear next season.

The Senegal forward said: "I've had a lot of positive feedback about Besiktas and Istanbul from my Senegalese friends in Turkey.

"To play in a Muslim country and in a new stadium is definitely very exciting.

"I know what my coach Slaven Bilic expects from me, and I am open to all sorts of competition.

"Since Besiktas fans like hard-working and spirited players, I will give everything I've got in order not to disappoint them."

Ba joined West Ham from Bundesliga club Hoffenheim in 2011 and moved on to Newcastle in the same year.

After scoring 29 goals in 54 appearances for the Magpies he moved to Chelsea, but made only 23 starts, scoring 14 goals.

Besiktas president Fikret Orman said this week he was delighted with his club's new acquisition.

"Ba is a player we all believe in, we put in a lot of time and effort to complete the transfer to the best of our interests," Orman said. "The transfer is within our budget and we are delighted to have completed the move."

Transfer News: Besiktas sign Demba Ba from Chelsea | Football News | Sky

Chelsea FC: Demba Ba Speaks On Move To Besiktas - The Pride of London - A Chelsea FC Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion, and More

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New BJK Stadium "Vodafone Arena"

23664797.jpg

Vodafone Arena will be an all-seater, multi-purpose stadium in the Beşiktaş district of Istanbul, Turkey.[2][3] It will be the reconstructed home ground for Beşiktaş J.K. The stadium is being built on the site of Beşiktaş's former home, BJK Inonu Stadyumu. It is planned to be opened at the start of the 2014-2015 season and will have a capacity of 41,903 spectators.

In Vodafone Arena there will be 143 luxury lodges, and one "1903 lodge" which will entertain 1,903 spectators in total. "1903 lodge" will have a capacity of 636 spectators. The new stadium will also have 2,123 square metres of restaurants, 2,520 square metres of terrace restaurants and a VIP parking of 600 vehicles. The new Vodafone Arena will become a 'smart stadium', where fans will enjoy StadiumVision and Wi-Fi technology being planned in conjunction with Cisco.[4]

The new stadium project aimed to ensure a low environmental impact to the nature and its surroundings via the use of advanced state of the art sustainable technologies. This stadium will be constructed to reduce energy consumption from non-renewable energy sources by reducing waste and optimizing the resources available.

Green Building concept of Vodafone Arena ensures environment friendly and resource efficient processes at each stage of construction, right from site selection and designing to construction by using Green Building certified construction materials, operation followed by maintenance, renovation or even demolition to seek minimum possible impact on environment.

The stadium is going to produce the electricity it needs using solar energy captured through photovoltaic panels[7] which can produce 500KWA. This corresponds to an annual electricity consumption of about 100 average households and a CO2 saving of around 250 tonnes. The stadium will store rainwater in cisterns to use later for watering the pitch and other purposes. This alternative energy sources are aimed at helping stadium meet the criteria dictated by the Kyoto protocol by generating multiple results:

• Intensive exploitation of solar energy through solar tracker tools
  • Reductions of greenhouse gases[8]
  • No production of chemical or acoustic emissions[9]
  • No air pollution
  • No risk of fire
  • Rainwater harvesting[10]
All the concrete and metal parts from the old BJK Inonu Stadium demolition have been separated and reused; other materials left have been divided into types, in order to be recycled, resold or reused.

Vodafone Arena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Galeri - Vodafone Arena

Last edited:
@Kaan

I will make a thread or i'll post some posts under 'Huge Projects of Türkiye' thread about our country's new stadiums... Currently 20-30 stadiums are being built...

Cesare Prandelli signs with Galatasaray

b3e16e689ffb4c1a590f6a70670041cf.jpg

ISTANBUL (AP) — Former Italy coach Cesare Prandelli signed a two-year contract Tuesday to become the new manager of the Turkish club Galatasaray, two weeks after resigning following the Azzurri's disappointing group stage exit at the World Cup.

Prandelli, who guided Italy to the final of the 2012 European Championship, announced he was stepping down immediately after the team's 1-0 loss to Uruguay on June 24 knocked it out of the World Cup.

He said at the signing ceremony in Istanbul that he didn't have another job in mind when he quit the team after four years in charge.

"I wasn't even in the mood for signing with a team. I didn't have such thoughts," he said.

"However, we got together with the (Galatasaray) club president and I saw that the only thing they wanted was success and a team focused on success. I also thought that I'd like to see myself on the field and be successful. So, I didn't have any second thoughts and just said 'yes.'"

Prandelli said his aim is to win the Turkish league again and go deep in the European Champions League.

"My first goal is to form a winning team. A Galatasaray which not only plays an eye-pleasing football but is also focused on winning and reaching its goals," he said.

Prandelli replaces Roberto Mancini, who left Galatasaray last month after just nine months in charge.

Cesare Prandelli signs with Galatasaray

Galatasaray keen to sell Wesley Sneijder to beat Liverpool and Arsenal to Mario Balotelli | Football | Sport | Daily Express

@Kaan

I will make a thread or i'll post some posts under 'Huge Projects of Türkiye' thread about our country's new stadiums... Currently 20-30 stadiums are being built...
Thanks.

Arsenal star Mesut Ozil reveals his future could lie in Turkey

Arsenal star Mesut Özil has revealed that he is happy at Arsenal but could be tempted to play in Turkey in the future according to an interview with Turkish newspaper Hurriyet.

"I have a four year deal with Arsenal but my path may take me to Turkey," Özil.

"I could play in Turkey one day, why not."

Özil also gave his opinion on what the Turkish national side must do in order to improve.

"There are important Turkish players playing in Turkey and Europe," Özil said.

"In my opinion the team needs to become more unified and recapture that team spirit that Turkey is famous for.

"For example, when Turkey finished third in the 2002 World Cup and reached the semi-finals of the 2008 European Championships there was a fantastic team spirit and self-belief."

Özil was born in Gelsenkirchen, in the Ruhr area Germany to Turkish parents.

The 25-year-old speaks fluent Turkish and regularly visits his relatives in Turkey. Özil's family have roots in the Hışıroğlu village, in the town of Devrek in the Black Sea Region of Turkey.

The Arsenal star is a practicing muslim who recites prayers before games instead of reading the German national anthem.

Arsenal completed the £42 million signing of Özil to break their club record by £27 million last season. The 25-year-old lifted the FA Cup in his debut season.

Arsenal star Mesut Ozil reveals his future could lie in Turkey - Soccer News - Turkish Football

Meh, Özil is Fenerbahceli that little prick.

Chelsea winger Marko Marin wants Besiktas move

Demba Ba has revealed that Chelsea winger Marko Marin wants to join Besiktas.

"Marin called me after my transfer to Besiktas," Ba told Turkish newspaper Yeni Şafak.

"He told me Besiktas were also interested in him and that he would like to play alongside me.

"Chelsea are probably going to loan him out again so this is definitely something that could happen.

"It would be an advantage for me as we have trained together and would help the settling in process."

Besiktas are in talks with Marin according to Turkish Super League broadcaster Lig Tv.

The Black Eagles have been keeping close tabs on the German international and are reported to be close to securing a loan deal for the 25-year-old.

Marin has struggled for regular playing time at Chelsea since joining from Werder Bremen in 2012 for £6.5 million.

The German international spent last season on loan with Europa League winners Sevilla where he provided six assists in 29 appearances.

Chelsea winger Marko Marin wants Besiktas move says Demba Ba - Soccer News - Turkish Football

Last edited:
Its weird how Besiktas got Ba and Trabzon Cardozo.

Meanwhile Galatasaray still has no striker or a sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom