What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
If Muharrem İnce won, the US dollar would be less than 2 liras right now. I'm on a holiday right now in KKTC and all I can say is that I feel sorry for everyone who lives here. Everything was better 10 years ago. Of course, for me it's a good thing that the lira is down in value because one Australian dollar is now worth more than 4.30 TL... I can buy a kebab with a drink for 2 Australian dollars.

All it takes is 6 minutes of work for me to make that money.

I see people on this forum who were adamant Erdogan supporters a few months ago, now they're waking up to the harsh reality that this man is leading us into oblivion. I won't mention their names, but I am happy that they're waking up. Hopefully this doesn't last much longer.

Last edited:
If Muharrem İnce won, the US dollar would be less than 2 liras right now. I'm on a holiday right now in KKTC and all I can say is that I feel sorry for everyone who lives here. Everything was better 10 years ago. Of course, for me it's a good thing that the lira is down in value because one Australian dollar is now worth more than 4.30 TL... I can buy a kebab with a drink for 2 Australian dollars.

All it takes is 6 minutes of work for me to make that money.

I see people on this forum who were adamant Erdogan supporters a few months ago, now they're waking up to the harsh reality that this man is leading us into oblivion. I won't mention their names, but I am proud that they're waking up. Hopefully this didn't last much longer.
Even Ince coudnt save the lira at this point. Far to many structural problems in the Turkish economy they could have fixed a few years ago, but instead went for the short term gains.

Screenshot_13.jpg

Interesting. The president seems to be incapable of governing a relatively minor crisis. What is his level of education? MA? PhD? I guess to be president, one needs PhD. What is his area of education? Economics? Engineering?

Last edited:
Even Ince coudnt save the lira at this point. Far to many structural problems in the Turkish economy they could have fixed a few years ago, but instead went for the short term gains.

Agreed. The problems go real deep but perhaps the optimism gained by a change of leadership would mean that our economy would be in a better state right now. Plus at least he would point us in the right direction.

I don't understand why erdogan hate interests rate so much? And is there any chance for turkey to fix it's relationship with US?

let's hope the crash of turkish lira won't trigger another global financial crisis,otherwise no one will be safe in this globalized world

This is point of no return. Make some countermeasures like closing incirlik for US planes. BYW tariffs is an extra duty added to the price of imported products and to any US-made product that uses an imported component or raw material. It goes both ways.

Back
Top Bottom