What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
2132494_9e133c933fd957f71558aa6987eb1fcc.jpg

2132494_b01f586192f23837f671c3f8ddf0e389.jpg

Source: Bloomberg
Hopefully Millet and Mr. İnce will not follow populist economic policies like AKP and Erdoğan did, and instead will apply hardcore capitalist policies which are what our economy urgently needs right now.

Erdoğan's communist policies fvcked up our country so badly.

“If the people have no bread, let them eat cake.”
- Turkish Marie Antoinette (2018)

In my opinion, I would vote for Erdogan, too. Not because of Erdogan, but opposition is much more worse. Additional, I would not blame and insult of voters whose votes and support I need. I would show them that I am the better alternative.

In my opinion, I would vote for Erdogan, too. Not because of Erdogan, but opposition is much more worse. Additional, I would not blame and insult of voters whose votes and support I need. I would show them that I am the better alternative.

You have no idea how prevalent and damaging this is in Turkey. The general consensus being "the idiots that vote for the AKP and the rest of the modern secular Turks" has led again and again to RTE winning every election he's been in. People don't trust the main opposition (CHP) when they declare to be "the president of the whole of Turkey" in this regard and unfortunately they haven't let them down so far.

You have no idea how prevalent and damaging this is in Turkey. The general consensus being "the idiots that vote for the AKP and the rest of the modern secular Turks" has led again and again to RTE winning every election he's been in. People don't trust the main opposition (CHP) when they declare to be "the president of the whole of Turkey" in this regard and unfortunately they haven't let them down so far.
The truth is that there is not a good alternative. In every party there are traitors or people with black present. So now I hope only the current government to work for the nation and don't give any way to the people who want to see Turkey at their knees. I hope one day every one pay about what he done. I hope a real alternative for Turkey come so we as a Turks wont be busy to think if CHPKK or AKPKK would win the elections.

Not so fast...
Dolar is at 4,65 and Euro is at 5,41 right now and it’s still noon... North American markets are not even opened yet. Let’s not make big celebrations when the currency gains 0,2% value considering that it lost 20% in a month.

You guys just for once must understand that Lira losing value is not a Western conspiracy or a game of the Dark Hands but a result of the deep structural problems of the economy.

Not so fast...
Dolar is at 4,65 and Euro is at 5,41 right now and it’s still noon... North American markets are not even opened yet. Let’s not make big celebrations when the currency gains 0,2% value considering that it lost 20% in a month.

You guys just for once must understand that Lira losing value is not a Western conspiracy or a game of the Dark Hands but a result of the deep structural problems of the economy.
He didn't imply anything about Western conspiracy. The difference between last night and today is due to different assumptions between Eastern and Western analysts. Investors in the West are more critical towards Erdoğan than investors from Asia. They don't share the same opinion about the results which is quite unique. In Asia, people are considering Erdoğan's victory as a sign of stability and continuation.

He didn't imply anything about Western conspiracy. The difference between last night and today is due to different assumptions between Eastern and Western analysts. Investors in the West are more critical towards Erdoğan than investors from Asia. They don't share the same opinion about the results which is quite unique. In Asia, people are considering Erdoğan's victory as a sign of stability and continuation.

So bad that the huge majority of the real investments in the country come from Western Europe then... and even they decreased with another 20% so far this year.

So bad that the huge majority of the real investments in the country come from Western Europe then... and even they decreased with another 20% so far this year.

I didn't choose Erdoğan because I like him. I voted for him because I hate CHP & HDP and anything else that is remotely left. I am well aware of his idiotic behaviour and dumb remarks about economy. Deep down I know that IYI party is actually my political home. Sunni, secular, happy of having Atatürk while being proud of our Ottoman past. But...

I'm not voting for a candidate of CHP - never ever. Besides, I know the mindset of people like Erdoğan very well. He'll do the exact opposite of everything what he's promised the nation during his campaign when it comes to the economy. You'll see. He'll even raise the interest rate. My point is that Erdoğan already proved himself that he's able to reform the country fundamentally. If he doesn't succeed, he is going to lose big next time. Right now, like it or not, he's the best choice among a terrible set of candidates.

I didn't choose Erdoğan because I like him. I voted for him because I hate CHP & HDP and anything else that is remotely left. I am well aware of his idiotic behaviour and dumb remarks about economy. Deep down I know that IYI party is actually my political home. Sunni, secular, happy of having Atatürk while being proud of our Ottoman past. But...

I'm not voting for a candidate of CHP - never ever. Besides, I know the mindset of people like Erdoğan very well. He'll do the exact opposite of everything what he's promised the nation during his campaign when it comes to the economy. You'll see. He'll even raise the interest rate. My point is that Erdoğan already proved himself that he's able to reform the country fundamentally. If he doesn't succeed, he is going to lose big next time. Right now, like it or not, he's the best choice among a terrible set of candidates.

He managed to win under these circumstances so I doubt he'll ever lose again. With quick and swift reforms like lifting the state of emergency, making the judicial system more independent and ensuring foreign investors with tangible evidence that Turkey is still a democracy we can relieve the economy. For some reason, however, I doubt any of that will happen. Erdoğan barely did any campaigning this time and still won like pretty easily. For many Turks apparently, the economy as they used to talk about earlier doesn't matter at all. If they have someone ideologically closer to them they will keep voting for that guy no matter how bad the economy gets. And it's exactly this kind of behavior that makes governments corrupt because they know people vote for them no matter what they do or say. This, of course, goes for every faction within Turkey. Kurds, for example, criticise everyone but they themselves didn't change their mentality and still after 40 years vote for the same party and expect different results.

Official Inflation for June is 15,4% with the USD rising to 4,68 again... Good job.

Back
Top Bottom