What's new

Turkish Economy - News & Updates

What is the driving force behind Turkish Economic problem?

• The on going Trump attack on Turkish Economy

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Jewish Agenda to weaken adjacent countries to Israel

Votes: 36 24.7%
  • Internal Turkish economic problems

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Falling Exports for Turkey

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Loss of Tourism income for Turkey

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • External Loans or Debt impacting Economy

Votes: 25 17.1%

• Total voters
Official Inflation for June is 15,4% with the USD rising to 4,68 again... Good job.

Dis gücleri kardesim yaa oynanan oyunlari görmiyormusun...?

Dis gücleri bize saldirmasa en az 20% büyücek ekonomi. Abdülhamide yapilan oyunlar, Reise'de yapiyorlar...

Lira slumps to new record lows as investor concerns escalate

Turkey’s embattled lira slumped almost five percent to new record lows in value against the United States dollar on July 11, hit by worries about economic management and monetary policy under Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s stronger executive presidency.

The lira weakened to a record low of 4.9767 against the dollar late on July 11. The currency opened the July 12 trading at around 4.83 against the greenback.

The lira has shed nearly 25 percent of its value against the U.S. currency so far this year.

“We have many instruments. I believe we will see interest rates fall in the period ahead,” Erdoğan told reporters after his first foreign trip on July 10 following his inauguration.

“I am sure not just our state banks but our private banks will shoulder responsibility if necessary,” he added.

Economists are urging tighter monetary policy to fight inflation.

The president also expressed confidence that the newly-appointed Treasury and Finance Minister Berat Albayrak, who is also his son-in-law, would “set things on the right track.”

Bank stocks plunge

Fall-out from Turkey’s tumbling lira hammered banking shares on July 11, sending the Istanbul stock market to its biggest one-day fall in two years.

The main share index dropped more than 5 percent while bank stocks lost 9 percent in their worst day for five years.

Investors are mainly selling bank stocks, reflecting fears that Turkish lenders could face a wave of bad debts as overextended companies struggle to repay foreign-currency loans.

Turkish firms had $225 billion in long-term, overseas borrowings as of April, almost all in dollars or euros, Central Bank data shows.

The Istanbul bourse’s index of bank stocks fell 9.19 percent by the July 11 close, recording its biggest one-day fall since June 2013, according to Reuters data.

The BIST 100 stock index fell 5.18 percent, recording its biggest one-day fall since a failed military coup in July 2016.

The yield on Turkey’s benchmark 10-year bond rose to 18.48 percent from 17.36 percent at close on July 10.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/lira-slumps-to-new-record-lows-as-investor-concerns-escalate-134468

Inflation, Current Accound Deficit and Interest rates get higher and higher, Lira goes down faster than a bird sh*t, Businesses are shutting or Bankrupting, unemployment is high, markets are in a meltdown but...
FEC72C48-9C25-4701-8C15-87A5F8A24086.jpeg

A very good read.

Now try to explain that article to the 52-60% of the country that is uneducated, illiterate and brainwashed to believe everything Erdoganist medias say. Make them believe and read between the lines. Help them understand... Help Erdogan understand the basic facts written in it.

Here one of the 52-60%.

A very good read.

Now try to explain that article to the 52-60% of the country that is uneducated, illiterate and brainwashed to believe everything Erdoganist medias say. Make them believe and read between the lines. Help them understand... Help Erdogan understand the basic facts written in it.

Let say everything is right what you have said in this matter, what could be the solution to solve the problems?

That guy is the guy who suggested to "giving away Eastern Turkey to PKK" as solution for PKK. He even suggested to form "Turan" with Georgia o_O

Yet, you are asking him economical solution lmao.

That guy is the guy who suggested to "giving away Eastern Turkey to PKK" as solution for PKK. He even suggested to form "Turan" with Georgia o_O

Yet, you are asking him economical solution lmao.

Oooo, Mr Half wit, It wasn’t me who called for a Turan with Georgia (or any other country) even though it is not such a bad idea... After all a Georgian guy is the Sultan of most Turkish nationalists nowadays so why not.

ps I have an even better idea now- Turkey to be divided into 3 parts:
a Kurdistan, an Islamic Republic of Tayyibistan and an Aegean Gavur Republic where civilized people can live freely the lives they want. What do you think about that? Give me an expert opinion. :D

Oooo, Mr Half wit, It wasn’t me who called for a Turan with Georgia (or any other country) even though it is not such a bad idea... After all a Georgian guy is the Sultan of most Turkish nationalists nowadays so why not.

ps I have an even better idea now- Turkey to be divided into 3 parts:
a Kurdistan, an Islamic Republic of Tayyibistan and an Aegean Gavur Republic where civilized people can live freely the lives they want. What do you think about that? Give me an expert opinion. :D

I am the one you ask the question. But again, have you any idea to solve the economy problem.

Let say everything is right what you have said in this matter, what could be the solution to solve the problems?

There are many solutions and steps that well educated and organized team of expers in economics and politics can take. I don’t believe that the situation can be stopped and reversed- the situation in Turkish economy is catastrophic and everyone is just waiting for the crash.

First thing I would do if I had the power is to stop and/or decrease all the unnecessary spendings in the system. Billions upon billions are being spent every year on feeding the leeches in the Turkish administration and all kinds of government institutions. Billions are spent on unnecessary projects without any value for Turkey and the Turkish people. Billions are spent on the luxuries AKP party members, Politicians and Erdogan enjoy.

Second thing I will do is to fight Corruption and copy the Chinese way of doing it. The Chinese Communist Party in the last years started a process which “kills the mosquitoes but also the tigers”- fight with corruption in all levels of society. Ministers, Politicians, Businessmen, many people were arested, jailed and even executed, which is not an option in Turkey. God knows how much money are lost in bank accounts and pockets every year.

Third thing I will do is to bring back freedom and independence to the Juridical system. Not a single foreign or local investor will spend his money in Turkey when he knows that with a fake phone call to the police he can be arrested, his company closed for some time or even taken over hy the state. Nobody invests in a place where Justice and Safety for your investment doesn’t exist.

Fourt thing is to try to reform the tax system. Nowadays Turkey’s Middle Class is paying huge taxes for everything. At the same time many of the richest (especially close to the government ones) don’t pay taxes, get all kinds of help, loans and everything from the state. Most of the Kurds don’t pay electricity or water bills.

Fifth is to try to kick out as much Syrian leeches as possible and to try to decrease the funds spent on them.

Sixt is to invest heavily in science and education and reform it from the bottom to the top. Turkey is one of the countries with the worst education systems in the OECD and you can see it from the results. With uneducated and illiterate population you can’t be anything else but a second grade sheithole at most.

Seventh- with stable, fair and independent juridical system, with nicely educated and young population, with some tax reforms and will from the State a lot of foreign investors and capital can be attracted into the country. That will keep the economy growing.

Eight- there is all kinds of ways to support local talents and entrepreneurs to start their businesses and achieve their ideas. Turkey should try to be a start-up hub, a hub for internet technologies and software development because that is the future. It’s a shame that small countries in Eastern Europe have bigger impact in the IT sector than Turkey.

So here are just a few ideas which can all be used and expanded if good economists and the government implement them. If those thing came to my mind in a minute, then imagine if a team of experts tries to find solutions. You can look around the world and look for a foreign experience and expertise, it’s not a shameful thing to learn from others and there enough good stories from all around the world. There are enough ways and many tools, all you need is knowledge, curiosity and most importantly WILL.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom