What's new

Turkish domestic SUV will be unveiled in next Friday

Could someone please post the link to the crashtest video, I can't find it.
Thanks!
As you know, EuroNcap criterias will change from 2022 onwards. According to the TOGG CEO's statement, the vehicle will not be released without the EuroNcap 2022 criteria 5-star certification. Even one of the three or four basic promises offered to the consumer is to put forward a car that has reached the highest safety standards in its class. All safety systems and connected engineering studies in the vehicle are organizing according to these new criterias. There are some promising subheadings such as an congenital safety-focused chassis, 9 airbags and intuitive ai. We will see the first results in 18 months.

I'm not gonna lie, it looks too fancy to be a car for the masses. If they really wanted to attract the Turkish middle/lower class then they should've made something cheap, practical and easy to maintain. Following the Japanese policy.

I'm not gonna lie, it looks too fancy to be a car for the masses. If they really wanted to attract the Turkish middle/lower class then they should've made something cheap, practical and easy to maintain. Following the Japanese policy.
It's fine to make some profits from a bigger car first and then make a smaller one.

I believe no test mules have been spotted yet? I consider this to be still at concept stage. Wish you all the best.

30k-35K € isn’t big money especially if turkish banks give credit also turkish cryptocurrency will be issued by the end of 2020 it’s much easier to give/issue digital money than hard money

30k-35K € isn’t big money especially if turkish banks give credit also turkish cryptocurrency will be issued by the end of 2020 it’s much easier to give/issue digital money than hard money
I dont know how cryptocurrency is going to help a common man living in the suburbs of Istanbul, let those that live in the country side. Also 30-35 thousand euros is insanity for a car that doesnt even have any reputation.

You can get brand new Mazdas, Kia, Hyundai, ford, VW, Honda etc vehicle for less then 30k CAD and thats a lot less value then euros.

Turkey's long-awaited dream to manufacture an indigenous car has started to see some concrete developments. As the design phase has been delivered, the country is now poised to see the first model.

On Friday, Dec. 27, the first model of the "made-in Turkey" car will be showcased in the Gebze district of the industrial province of Kocaeli, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Friday, responding to the journalists' questions in Kuala Lumpur where he attended a summit.

Following Erdoğan's announcement, Industry and Technology Minister Mustafa Varank also shared a photograph with two veiled cars at the Gebze premises of Turkey's Automobile Joint Venture Group (TOGG) – formed by the five largest Turkish industrialists in November 2017 to develop the country's first domestically manufactured automobile. The location of the production headquarters for TOGG has recently been determined as the Information Technologies Valley (IT Valley) in Gebze.

TOGG aims to begin mass production in 2021 and launch the domestic automobile in the first half of 2022. The first vehicle to be released has been planned to be a completely-electric C-SUV. Plans state that up to five models will be in production by 2030. In the meantime, three existing models produced by the group will undergo a revamp.

View attachment 594673

this is news, making a simple SUV is something to be proud of?

this is news, making a simple SUV is something to be proud of?

why are u even here?
Moreover, whats the point of a zero content post.
Also, I am sorry that we don't steal ip and have to develop our own.

Edit:
Also added you to my ignore list, congrats u are somehow worse as the arabs in this forum.

I dont know how cryptocurrency is going to help a common man living in the suburbs of Istanbul, let those that live in the country side. Also 30-35 thousand euros is insanity for a car that doesnt even have any reputation.

You can get brand new Mazdas, Kia, Hyundai, ford, VW, Honda etc vehicle for less then 30k CAD and thats a lot less value then euros.
You are right about the established brands but on the other side there is the national car option i think that overwhelming majority of turks would choose domestic car(we should always keep in mind how much turks waited for this car) if you always choose foreign option even if it’s better than indigenous one then how do you expect your country to move forward by the way we can judge in 2022 which car gives you the best experience i am pretty sure there will be foreigners who will make reviews
remember the turkish gun mete which was praised by every american reviewer everyone was skeptical at first but later..

Last edited:
You are right about the established brands but on the other side there is the national car option i think that overwhelming majority of turks would choose domestic car(we should always keep in mind how much turks waited for this car) if you always choose foreign option even if it’s better than indigenous one then how do you expect your country to move forward by the way we can judge in 2022 which car gives you the best experience i am pretty sure there will be foreigners who will make reviews
remember the turkish gun mete which was praised by every american reviewer everyone was skeptical at first but later..
Thats all the more reason to make it affordable. It should be 15 thousand euros and that's for a model that lies between the premium and base. The base model should be something like 9-11k

Thats all the more reason to make it affordable. It should be 15 thousand euros and that's for a model that lies between the premium and base. The base model should be something like 9-11k
Tesla is selling its Model 3 in Europe starting from 45k€, and the company is still making no money, so its impossible to sell a X3/GLC/Tiguan like car for 11k... Where can I find a test video?
Only video I’ve found is Erdo driving it...

like car for 11k

fist I did not find any Test too.. only erdo driving.. I do not know the production costs nor we dont know for sure how it will cost in the end.. maybe they need to get customers first and will not want to make much profit and they plan on the long term..

I see other problems you dont know turks (from turkey) they dont care for car interoir.. the most important is what others see.. just the outside.. thats why many cars in turkey have no extras

for those villagers the bose system in your car has no value.. also your seat or steering wheels heaters your LED lights, all the security and assistince systems in your car.. your fawn leather or big navigation system.. for what do ppl see it when I am driving it?

all they love is a Mercedes logo and BMW on the front and back of the car.. I also think many ppl wont get triggered because the car is cheaper and cheaper means many ppl can effort to buy it and you cant be special.. ppl wont say "HUH he is driving a BMW, hmmmmh not bad!" (with head and mouth gestures.. but they dont see that a ford s max has acutally more to offor for the same money than their old BMW from 2000)

man these ppl see even volvo or toyota low.. the rich almanci (a disgusting word for wich ppl should get a fist in their face) or the muhtar or higher or richer coming into the village with a shiny mercedes on dirty gravel path through some chickens and cows is their stigma in their brain!

and that is the biggest challange.. the heads of the ppl are most troublesome.. but you can reach to ppl with other things like money and their stingyness and some education

lets hope this will be a good brand and that it will drastically cut the import of cars to turkey..

If they can sell it for 15 thousand euros that would be GREAT but I don’t think this is economically profitable/achievable i have watched electric cars 3 days ago they were all starting from 40k € unless qatar decides to order 300k vehicles I don’t see any other way to bring down the price to 15K

20191021_Lithium_Mines_v5_Blog.jpg

Modeling the demand for lithium mines around the world between 2019-2025

Back
Top Bottom