What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Rabdan" 8X8 amphibious vehicle unveiled

ABU DHABI, 19th February 2017 (WAM) -- Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum; His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and President Omar Hassan Al Bashir of Sudan, attended the unveiling of the "Rabdan" 8X8 armoured infantry vehicle today.

The amphibious vehicle was developed by Al Jasoor, a joint venture between Heavy Vehicles Industries, owned by Tawazun Holding, and Otokar UAE, a subsidiary of Turkish company Otokar. The vehicle will be assembled in the existing manufacturing facilities at the Tawazun Industrial Park in Abu Dhabi.

Saif Mohamed Al Hajeri, Chief Executive Officer of Tawazun, delivered a briefing about the vehicle, which is capable of withstanding mine and missile dangers. The amphibious vehicle can carry 11 personnel and is highly efficient at crossing rivers and ponds.

Also present were H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council; H.H. Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Ruler's Representative in the Eastern Region; H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, as well as other sheikhs and senior officials.

http://wam.ae/en/details/1395302598630

Rabdan" 8X8 amphibious vehicle unveiled

ABU DHABI, 19th February 2017 (WAM) -- Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum; His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, and President Omar Hassan Al Bashir of Sudan, attended the unveiling of the "Rabdan" 8X8 armoured infantry vehicle today.

The amphibious vehicle was developed by Al Jasoor, a joint venture between Heavy Vehicles Industries, owned by Tawazun Holding, and Otokar UAE, a subsidiary of Turkish company Otokar. The vehicle will be assembled in the existing manufacturing facilities at the Tawazun Industrial Park in Abu Dhabi.

Saif Mohamed Al Hajeri, Chief Executive Officer of Tawazun, delivered a briefing about the vehicle, which is capable of withstanding mine and missile dangers. The amphibious vehicle can carry 11 personnel and is highly efficient at crossing rivers and ponds.

Also present were H.H. Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Executive Council; H.H. Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, Abu Dhabi Ruler's Representative in the Eastern Region; H.H. Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, as well as other sheikhs and senior officials.

http://wam.ae/en/details/1395302598630

Hey guys, we unveiled a super, badass,great,supersonic... thing ... but no pics...sry.

Last edited:
IMG_3818.JPG

so it's a simple ARma 8x8? no new slighty design change or such?
so it's the 600Mil$ purchase then?
A new company named Al Jasoor (%49 Otokar UAE and %51 Tawazun )will got contract from Tawazun which Tawazun got from UAE.700 Rabdan (Arma based platform) will be produce in UAE within six years time.20/03/2012 offer has given and 20/11/2015 MoU and Term Sheet done.
Otokar will get money from export sales of Arma,Completely Knocked Down sales,Thecnical consulting and support incomes, divident incomes from Al Jasoor.Al Jasoor will export it.
I think FNSS will get the contract of IFV's from Turkey(PARS 8x8 and may be PARS 6x6) so Otokar choosed the right way and formed a partnership with UAE to guarantee the future of Arma.In Turkey we saw Fnss got order for 260 STA.Kaplan 20 and PARS 4x4 .
I guess they select Otokar for the future and formed a new company because Otokar has big potential as a partner for Tawazun.In the future we may expect sales of Altay or a new tank developed from Altay to UAE.Turkey gave permission to FNSS to develope MMWT with Indonesia and may give permission to Otokar for developing a new MBT with Tawazun.

Last edited:
A new company named Al Jasoor (%49 Otokar UAE and %51 Tawazun )will got contract from Tawazun which Tawazun got from UAE.700 Rabdan (Arma based platform) will be produce in UAE within six years time.20/03/2012 offer has given and 20/11/2015 MoU and Term Sheet done.
Otokar will get money from export sales of Arma,Completely Knocked Down sales,Thecnical consulting and support incomes, divident incomes from Al Jasoor.Al Jasoor will export it.
I think FNSS will get the contract of IFV's from Turkey(PARS 8x8 and may be PARS 6x6) so Otokar choosed the right way and formed a partnership with UAE to guarantee the future of Arma.In Turkey we saw Fnss got order for 260 STA.Kaplan 20 and PARS 4x4 .
I guess they select Otokar for the future and formed a new company because Otokar has big potential as a partner for Tawazun.In the future we may expect sales of Altay or a new tank developed from Altay to UAE.Turkey gave permission to FNSS to develope MMWT with Indonesia and may give permission to Otokar for developing a new MBT with Tawazun.

Both FNSS (Malaysia) and Otokar (UAE & Bahrain) have secured export success with their designs.
FNSS incoming with their Kaplan & Pars anti-tank vehicles, makes me think Otokar might secure contracts with Arma and possibly in the future Tulpar.

Does anyone know how much of this sum belongs to Otokar and how many turkish engineers are emplooyed by Al Jasoor?

Btw that status message though!

I guess it will be a 50-50 Joint Venture, but most of the parts will be bought from Otokar directly and I guess a little more than assembly will be done there, so Otokar will probably get a profit on the parts that are sold to the JV and 50% of the profit the JV makes, if that profit is poured out.

Back
Top Bottom