What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

Savronik Elektronic and Savronik Systems to join under one umbrella.
The company has already orders for projects worth 600 Milion Lira, 250 Million to be completed in 2018.

DSIP3UsXUAAAV30.jpg

Turkey Is Interested in Buying Surplus USMC AV-8B Harriers
https://t.co/9aHJyLHnC9?amp=1

Seems that we will agree with UK on Harriers. Maybe they will open the product line again.
We won't get F-35 B. USA won't risk a capable Turkish LPD with airplanes.
Could be a win win, for UK, Spain and Turkey. Harriers could be upgraded. Supercruise is not neccessary,
state of the art avionics,EW sytems and weapons is enough. They made already effective jobs in Falklands and Libya.

https://www.quora.com/Could-the-F-1...graded-to-incorporate-super-cruise-capability

2016’yi yaklasik 1.2 milyar dolar ciroyla kapatip Defense News Top 100 listesinde 57. siraya kadar yukselen Aselsan, 2017’yi 1.4 ila 1.5 milyar dolar arasinda ciroyla kapatip dunya siralamasinda ilk 50’ye girebilir. (Not: Yatirim tavsiyesi degildir)

2016’yi yaklasik 1.2 milyar dolar ciroyla kapatip Defense News Top 100 listesinde 57. siraya kadar yukselen Aselsan, 2017’yi 1.4 ila 1.5 milyar dolar arasinda ciroyla kapatip dunya siralamasinda ilk 50’ye girebilir. (Not: Yatirim tavsiyesi degildir)

English ?

Why is Qatar not interested in the TFX? They will benefit from 5th gen fighters instead of buying 5382743208 types of 4th gen fighters, plus we could offer local production to some extent.
In fact, I think considering the fact that uncle Sam will probably not sell them any f-35 it is very likelythat they invest on TFX in the future.

Last edited:
Why is Qatar not interested in the TFX? They will benefit from 5th gen fighters instead of buying 5382743208 types of 4th gen fighters, plus we could offer local production to some extent.
In fact, I think considering the fact that uncle Sam will probably not sell them any f-35 it is very likelythat they invest on TFX in the future.

Finally, a very valid question!

A 5 to 10 bln € participation (in TFX) from Qatar is even less than peanuts...considering how much they have committed to spend on a few French and US fighters...with zero leverage in return.

Turkey stuck her neck out for Qatar in the present GCC crisis...with some considerable cost in diplomatic relations with other GCC countries... so if Qatar has any sense of gratitude or self respect then it should demonstrate by investing in TFX and other shipping and aerial programs that TAI and other Turkish firms are pursuing...

Otherwise, I would say Turkey's goodwill and support is taken forgranted.

It is upto Turkish Gov to 'persuade' Qatar to see the light.

But let us see what happens!!!

Finally, a very valid question!

A 5 to 10 bln € participation (in TFX) from Qatar is even less than peanuts...considering how much they have committed to spend on a few French and US fighters...with zero leverage in return.

Turkey stuck her neck out for Qatar in the present GCC crisis...with some considerable cost in diplomatic relations with other GCC countries... so if Qatar has any sense of gratitude or self respect then it should demonstrate by investing in TFX and other shipping and aerial programs that TAI and other Turkish firms are pursuing...

Otherwise, I would say Turkey's goodwill and support is taken forgranted.

It is upto Turkish Gov to 'persuade' Qatar to see the light.

But let us see what happens!!!
Investors come after the design /test phase... same thing happened for F35 project... ( When the project is from one source...)

Qtar need aircraft as fst as possible... she can't wait for TFX. later on, I'm sure she will jump on it...but now...she needs it fast...

Back
Top Bottom