What's new

Turkish court sentences top pianist accused of tweets that insulted Islam

In Turkey when a proffesor is saying something that is the truth. Dont let me copy paste marxist atheist profs bs. And nothing happens too.

In the 90 years of history republic. Muslims have listen of insulting and suppression. Its normal that they sometimes insulting atheists.

Its good to see. Look at your self. You are not capable to talk like mature. I dont want to copy paste images and laugh.
Before judging other people's matureness, you have to learn some proper English.

Suppression he says.

Bi bitmedi maduriyetiniz.

Oh, Turkey, Turkey Turkey....:disagree:

I have my fingers crossed that this is all Erdogan's doing and that Turkish people don't have this mentality of jailing people of the arts like some of the more backward countries (not naming names)

Why are some Muslims so weak, that they can't withstand someone 'insulting' Islam?

I am reading this thread for more than two days and still the posts are same :disagree:

Again, it seems you aren't quite intelligent enough to see the difference between revisionism over the deaths of millions and insulting (or perceived insult) of a religion in general.

I'm quite happy for others to speak openly about the Holocaust.

Some countries (democracies...I'll explain democracy to you some time) have chosen to ban such talk because these are the countries that were affected by fascism and they worry it could return.

Tens of Millions died.

No one dies when Islam is 'insulted'

Well, they do - but that's because of Muslim rioting.

the question is why you resort to insult Islam and Its Prophet in the first place?

for instigating violence nothing else.

Controlled pair

if someone is unaware of sehrat-ul-nabi he/she should avoid useles and provkng statement.

Why are some Muslims so weak, that they can't withstand someone 'insulting' Islam?
It isn't about religion, it's about power. They want to show that if you oppose AKP they'll pin something on you and you'll find yourself in jail. Religion is but a distraction.
Well, I want nobody to insult any religion but what you say is; It should punished when an atheist insults Islam. But when muslims insults Atheism, you say it's normal.
A square's a square, a circle's a circle, if it's wrong then it's wrong. Two wrongs doesn't make one right. Islamofascists are doing what they' always doing, playing the victim to justify their misdeeds. Real victims hide their pain, they don't use it as a justification. We know who the real victims in this country are:
hccc8_maadimak-dsd.jpg

EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Hate speech March 2013(Albania, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Macedonia, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom)
Hate Speech Report

General principles
The authors of the European Convention on Human Rights sought to establish an institutional framework based on democratic values in order to overcome extremism.

The European Court of Human Rights has identified a number of forms of expression which are to be considered offensive and contrary to the Convention (including racism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, aggressive nationalism and discrimination against minorities and immigrants)1.

However, the Court is also careful to make a distinction in its findings between, on the one hand, genuine and serious incitement to extremism and, on the other hand, the right of individuals (including journalists and politicians) to express their views freely and to “offend, shock or disturb”2 others.

There is no universally accepted definition of the expression “hate speech”. The Court’s case-law has established certain parameters making it possible to characterise “hate speech” in order to exclude it from the protection afforded to freedom of expression (Article 10) or freedom of assembly and association (Article 11).

The Court excludes hate speech from protection by means of two approaches provided for by the Convention:
(a) by applying Article 17 (Prohibition of abuse of rights3) where the comments in question amount to hate speech and negate the fundamental values of the Convention,
or
(b) by applying the limitations provided for in the second paragraph of Article 10 and Article 114 (this approach is adopted where the speech in question, although it is hate speech, is not apt to destroy the fundamental values of the Convention).

So how would you like it if I sue everyone who says something stupid against Atheists on twitter/facebook?

So how would you like it if I sue everyone who says something stupid against Atheists on twitter/facebook?

If your country has such laws then by all means do so.......this bigot violated the law and got what he deserved. If Turkey was an Atheist country then i am sure that you would get this accomplished, but Turkey is a Muslim state and Islamic values will not be breached, no matter how liberal a faction of its population is

If your country has such laws then by all means do so.......this bigot violated the law and got what he deserved. If Turkey was an Atheist country then i am sure that you would get this accomplished, but Turkey is a Muslim state and Islamic values will not be breached, no matter how liberal a faction of its population is

Turkey is not an islamic state, it is a secular state.

Turkey is a secular country with democrativ values, no matter how bigoted a faction of our population is.

Back
Top Bottom