What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

Japan's Mitsubishi ATD-X unveiled
BsVcw6aCMAAlP5y.jpg:large

BsVcw5tCAAIfJR9.jpg:large

Yes indeedy it does, what I'm interested in is the XF5 engine. It is the lightest TVC capable engine, something TUSAS and SSM should consider for TFX. Japan might do ToT.
it's a very small engine,
It has the same thrust to weight ratio as F110-GE132 and it doesn't even have as much thrust as EJ200...

If we can work with the japanese to make a bigger engine based on XF5-1.. I'm in
Otherwise in it's current state.. meh

If we're to make TF-X happen, it must have supercruise capability, it's already a very pointless project,
without supercruise it'll be downright stupid

Japs are planning on enhancing the engine for a max output of 15 tons, though they state it'll take 7 years to achieve.

@Nihonjin1051

So what kind of restrictions does Japan have with regard to exporting military/military related products?

Do you predict any changes in the future that will allow japan to export its goods freely?
I would like to ask the same question to @Bismarck because i think a German Fighter jet would kick *** if you ask me.

@Nihonjin1051

So what kind of restrictions does Japan have with regard to exporting military/military related products?

Do you predict any changes in the future that will allow japan to export its goods freely?

Hi @Kaan ,

We just removed our military export ban this April 2014. So, we will be definitely doing military to military sales with our friends and partners. Definitely Turkey will be on our list, if Turkey is interested in our product(s).

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/w...half-century-ban-on-weapons-exports.html?_r=0

Hi @Kaan ,

We just removed our military export ban this April 2014. So, we will be definitely doing military to military sales with our friends and partners. Definitely Turkey will be on our list, if Turkey is interested in our product(s).

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/02/w...half-century-ban-on-weapons-exports.html?_r=0
I hope we can work with japan in the future especially with the altays motor. Japan is advanced in every field so there is a lot of room for cooperation.

But like legionnaire said what do we have to offer. Its not like we are the gulf arabs throwing money at people. :coffee:

TFX can wait 7 years... but I don't see what we can give to Japan for their cooperation.. :)

It doesn't have to, it's not like the japs are putting their ATD-X on hold.. Cooperation? well there's this thing called money, South Koreans had no issues with it.

Back
Top Bottom