What's new

Turkish Aviation Programs

C_dfVdyUAAA4GGg.jpg:large

The main players line up alongside the two new AAMs, left: General Abidin Unal (TurAF Commander), second from left: Arif Ergin (Head of Tubitak), third from right: Erdal Cakmak (Director, Tubitak), second from right: Celal Sayi Tufecki (SSM).
Sir what is the range of AAM

Interesting tidbit, Hurkus-C model that was on display at IDEF'17 was built in 2013 for static stress tests. It has retired and is now a weaponized Hurkus-C static model.

Türkiye'nin çok sayıda uçak mühendisine ihtiyacı olduğunu dile getiren Kotil, Milli Muharip Uçak Projesi'nde (Turkish Fighter) 10 bin mühendis olacağını ve projede çalışacağını, uçağın ilk uçuşunu 2023'te yapacağını, 2029 yılında da servise gireceğini anlattı.

Kotil, gelecek 10 yıllık süreçte bu kadar insanın devşirilmesi gerektiğini belirterek, şunları kaydetti:

"Bugün lisede olan çocukların havacılığa, uçağa gönül vermesi, en iyilerin bu bölümlere gitmesi gerekiyor. Turkish Fighter'ı yapabilmemiz için şu an Türkiye'nin en yetenekli, en zeki çocuklarının uçak bölümlerini seçmesi gerekiyor. Bu gençlerimiz Turkish Fighter'da çalışmak için okusunlar ki gelip bizim projemize dokunsunlar. Bu projeyi Türkiye'nin gençleri ile yapacağız. Bu gençlerin içi proje için kaynarsa Turkish Fighter'ı çok iyi yaparız.

Türkiye, havacılık ve uzayda bir oyuncu olacak. Bunun gerçekleşmesi için bunu gerçekleştirecek gençlerin, kahramanların sahaya çıkması gerekiyor. TAI Genel Müdürü olarak görevim, bu kadroları bir araya getirmek. Bu projeleri gerçekleştirmek için daha çok insana, genç yaşta bu işi yapmaya gönül vermiş, kağıt mühendisi olmayanlara, bir şeyi yapıp bitirmek isteyenlere ihtiyacım var."
http://www.bloomberght.com/haberler...enel-muduru-temel-kotilden-onemli-aciklamalar

I love this guy. He always thinks in the long term and gives greater consideration to our weak points and urgent needs. A true businessman.

Very very impressive and convincing. :tup:
I hope we will see soon comparable interviews with other key defence industry CEO's.

Care to give a short summary. Thanks

In very short for you :

TAI is a system integrator and design company, we use foreign and domestic parts to deliver just on time.
But our goal is always to let the imported parts to be produced within 5 years in Turkey. Our current budget is almost 2 Billion USD, our goal here is 10 Billion USD, so we will be one of the 10 biggest global Aerospace companies and can work as serious OEM manufacturer.
Our time schedule is perfect and there is no delay on the projects. We produce T-129 Atak, Hürkus, Anka and Satellites ( Orbit delivery ). Our experience is based on F-16, CASA, Agusta helos and Airbus A-400. Some informations are classified and I can't answer, but I guess we will export 200 Hürkus at the beginning because it is the best trainer and COIN aircraft on the globe with Mach 0.6 speed and the best avionics and weapons available.
We will realize TF fighter (X - is experimental and we won't use X) just on time. There is no obstacle in future that we can build Boeing comparable big aeroplanes with EASA certificate ,if we consequently follow our company policy. Our commercial name is TUSAS ( Turkish Aircraft Endustry Stock Company.

Still no definite delivery date for Anka? :(
By the way I really hate to say this but I think Temel Kotil is not quite the right person for this job. The guy is too optimistic, amateurish and egotistical (I did this, I am doing that, I will do that etc). I really pray to god that I am wrong, but this is my opinion.

Still no definite delivery date for Anka? :(
By the way I really hate to say this but I think Temel Kotil is not quite the right person for this job. The guy is too optimistic, amateurish and egotistical (I did this, I am doing that, I will do that etc). I really pray to god that I am wrong, but this is my opinion.

"2005 yılında devraldığım Genel Müdürlük pozisyonunun başlangıcında Türk Hava Yolları 102 noktaya uçan, haftada 2000 sefer yapan, yılda 12 milyon yolcu taşıyan 73 uçaklık filosu olan bir havayoluydu. 2015 yılı sonu itibariyle uçtuğumuz nokta sayısı 282'ye, haftalık sefer sayısı 9000'e, yıllık yolcu sayısı 61 milyona ve uçak sayısı 299'a ulaştı. Yılda ortalama yüzde 30 büyüyerek 1.4 milyon transfer yolcudan 18.4 milyon yolcuya ulaştık. Dünya pazarındaki payımız yüzde 0.5'den yüzde 2'ye çıktı. Kırkıncı sıradan yükselerek dünyanın en büyük onuncu havayolu şirketi olduk."

He is the right guy for this job if you ask me.

"2005 yılında devraldığım Genel Müdürlük pozisyonunun başlangıcında Türk Hava Yolları 102 noktaya uçan, haftada 2000 sefer yapan, yılda 12 milyon yolcu taşıyan 73 uçaklık filosu olan bir havayoluydu. 2015 yılı sonu itibariyle uçtuğumuz nokta sayısı 282'ye, haftalık sefer sayısı 9000'e, yıllık yolcu sayısı 61 milyona ve uçak sayısı 299'a ulaştı. Yılda ortalama yüzde 30 büyüyerek 1.4 milyon transfer yolcudan 18.4 milyon yolcuya ulaştık. Dünya pazarındaki payımız yüzde 0.5'den yüzde 2'ye çıktı. Kırkıncı sıradan yükselerek dünyanın en büyük onuncu havayolu şirketi olduk."

He is the right guy for this job if you ask me.
Don't get me wrong, he is a great businessman. One of the best in Turkey. It is just that this exact position seems not right for him. Again I sincerely hope I am wrong.

He is millions of times better than last FETÖ guy. But i agree, he got to prove himself to the company. But he has years to do that. We cannot judge a new guy in few days. Lets see what he will achieve.

Turkey to buy up to 24 armed trainer aircraft

By: Burak Ege Bekdil, May 19, 2017

ANKARA, Turkey — The Turkish government has signed a contract with the country’s aerospace powerhouse for the design, development and serial production of an indigenous armed trainer aircraft.

Under the plan, Tusas Turkish Aerospace Industries will develop and manufacture 12 Hurkus-C armed trainers with a follow-on option to deliver 12 more.

According to the contract signed between TAI and the country’s procurement office, the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries, or SSM in its Turkish acronym, the program for the armed trainers will maximize its use of locally developed software and hardware, including in the design and integration stages.

In April, Turkish officials successfully tested the Hurkus-C equipped with L-UMTAS, a laser-guided, long-range, anti-tank missile. L-UMTAS was developed by the state-controlled missile-maker Roketsan primarily to operate from attack helicopters. In 2016 the system was qualified and integrated into the T-129, a Turkish attack helicopter built under license from AgustaWestland.

The aircraft also features other locally developed ammunition including CIRIT, TEBER, HGK and LGK. In addition, it can use inertial navigation system/GPS-guided bombs, conventional bombs, non-guided rockets and machine guns.

The armed Hurkus features armored body parts, a self-protection system, data link, laser tacking, an electro-optical and infrared pod, an external fuel tank, and advanced avionics, according to TAI. With its 1,500-kilogram payload that can be utilized through seven external hard points, the Hurkus-C will perform light-attack and armed reconnaissance missions.

The Hurkus-C close-air support and lightweight attack helicopter is an armed version of the turboprop-powered basic trainer Hurkus. Last July, TAI was awarded European Aviation Safety Agency certification for the Hurkus-A, the civilian variant. The company hopes to deliver the armed Hurkus to the Turkish Armed Forces in 2018.

TAI expects the armed Hurkus to be widely used in Turkey’s increasing counterinsurgency fight against pro-Kurdish and Islamic militants both inside Turkey and across its Syrian and Iraqi borders.

http://www.defensenews.com/articles/turkey-to-buy-up-to-24-armed-trainer-aircraft

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom