What's new

Turkic World Photos/News/Discussions.

I have never heard over it :D it might be made up, But I'm certain Mongols called some of their elite warriors "Mergen".

He's rather unique units of Karamanids.

Fityan Braves, these are urban folk, members of Ahi guild.

Bolghar Slingers, Bulgar/Bolgar, its not clear what relationship they havewith Bulgarians, but these guys inhabited a mountainious area in Karaman region and reported to fight with slings.

Kul Lancers/Kul Foot Archers, elite late units, I made them up, they're like Ghulams and Mamluks.

Garibs, poor mercenaries.

Tatar Horse Archers, Tatars from Central Anatolia and parts of eastern Anatolia oftenly allied with Karamanids and fought for theö

Kurdish Tribal lances, mercenaries avaiable at east.

Karavul Cavalry, Scouts, raiders, frontier guards and bandit hunters.

I have never heard over it :D it might be made up, But I'm certain Mongols called some of their elite warriors "Mergen".

He's rather unique units of Karamanids.

Fityan Braves, these are urban folk, members of Ahi guild.

Bolghar Slingers, Bulgar/Bolgar, its not clear what relationship they havewith Bulgarians, but these guys inhabited a mountainious area in Karaman region and reported to fight with slings.

Kul Lancers/Kul Foot Archers, elite late units, I made them up, they're like Ghulams and Mamluks.

Garibs, poor mercenaries.

Tatar Horse Archers, Tatars from Central Anatolia and parts of eastern Anatolia oftenly allied with Karamanids and fought for theö

Kurdish Tribal lances, mercenaries avaiable at east.

Karavul Cavalry, Scouts, raiders, frontier guards and bandit hunters.
:tsk:

elite warriors "Mergen".
who said it means elite warriors in turkic ?? targon talk with ur dude u must make elite turkmen archers and horse archer as mergen btw our elite warriors should called as vurshak/vurshaq :big_boss:

:tsk:

who said it means elite warriors in turkic ?? targon talk with ur dude u must make elite turkmen archers and horse archer as mergen btw our elite warriors should called as vurshak/vurshaq :big_boss:

Not in Turkic, I mean Mongols used Mergen for some of their elite warriors, especially archers :)

There is no need for an elite Turkmen unit, because Begs amd Nokers are alrrady elite of the army :)

I have never heard of Mergen and Vurshaq, but our languages are not same in the end :) in written sources, chosen/elite/good warriors are mentioned like "Sechme Yigitler" "Sechme Yoldashlar" "Bahadurlar" , "Yarar Yigitler" "Yarar Yoldashlar".

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed::pissed:

u better remove this or :butcher:

btw trully vurshaq dont mean anything to ?? :o: it's root came from word vurmak plz remove those nokers and add vurshaq instead :feminist: :partay:

I know its coming from vurmak but we don't have that word :D Nöker is recorded in historical sources :)

Do you know that "nöker" means servant?

Not a plain servant, meaning travels between Companion, Retainer, Servant etc.

Its also a Mongolian word.

On vurush, I of course know about the verb but never heard it as in this form, btw in written sources its sometimes recorded without "v", like Urmak, Urışmak, its original form is without v.

Last edited:
@telkon

How is the history books in Central Asian countries ? I mean do they narrate a general Turkic history including Turks of Turkey in schools ?

@ASQ-1918 @Targon what do u guys teach in school about turkistan ?

Pre-Islamic and Post-Islamic history of Central Asia(roughly) , Huns, Gokturks, Uyghurs, Avars, Khazars, Oghuz, Kyrgyz, Kipchak, Karluk, Pecheneg, Karakhanid etc.

There must be a small part about modern Turkic states, but not sure.

Edit: Yeah there is part called "Contemporary Turkic and World History" so yeah they narrate modern Turkic states too.

There is "Türk dünyası" chapters (there is separate chapter for Ottomans), general timeline as in Targon's example more or less.

@telkon

How is the history books in Central Asian countries ? I mean do they narrate a general Turkic history including Turks of Turkey in schools ?

last time i checked, curriculum was similar to turkish one. all historic turkic states in general.

Back
Top Bottom