What's new

Turkey to decide on second nuke tender end of year

Grand-Vizier

Reaction score
Turkey's energy minister has said the country would choose by the end of this year from among foreign bidders for the construction of a nuclear power plant on its Black Sea coast.
"For the second nuclear plant, China, South Korea, Japan and Canada are preparing their bids. One of these four will be eliminated by the end one of this month, and by the end of the year the tender will be decided upon," Taner Yildiz told reporters in the central city of Kayseri on Thursday.
Turkey had already sealed an agreement with Russia for the construction of the country's first nuke plant in the Akkuyu region of the Mediterranean port city of Mersin.
The second plant is planned to be built in the Black Sea port city of Sinop.
For the Akkuyu plant, Russia's state nuclear company Atomstroiexport is expected to begin in 2013 the construction of four nuclear reactors with a total capacity of 4,800 megawatts.

Turkey to decide on second nuke tender end of year Anadolu Agency

very annoying that these kind of news don't take headlines. We need to focus a lot more on energy than other projects!

2 years ago i maybe suggested the japanese one

now support canadian

Japanese build > anything else

I would not like to live next to a nuclear reactor build by the Russians.

Japanese build > anything else

I would not like to live next to a nuclear reactor build by the Russians.

I think so

but there are a lot of political problems(not technical) about nuclear power in Japan now

a lot of crazy and stupid people are crying to abandon all the nuclear power.....

and i dont trust korean,chinese and russian

so canadian...

Looks like lately relationship with Canada-Turkey starting to grow , at least this is what i understand from monument event.Canada is a country officially recognized so-called armenian genocide and giving them multi-billion nuclear plant project will increase our influence there.Also Canada is a pro-US country so if we play our cards right by increasing our influence there and a little US pressure
we can see second time cancelition of armenian genocide recognition.

I think Canada might do it or maybe Japan but I read Japanese offer is very expensive.

French is the good option. Russia, Japan leave it. Among four mentioned, South Korea .

Back
Top Bottom