What's new

Turkey to buy its first heavy-lift army copters

Anyone else think that we need more then 6 chinooks? I mean, look at the size of our armed forces. I know we're going to get the t-70s but heavly lift capability is extremely important for any modern army.

Anyone else think that we need more then 6 chinooks? I mean, look at the size of our armed forces. I know we're going to get the t-70s but heavly lift capability is extremely important for any modern army.

But fact is that even though we may need heavy lift, in modern warfare drones will be used more often, and helicopters, chinooks will probably be used to transport a large amount of soldiers from one location to another. Besides Turkeys problem with terrorism needs a different type of investment, high quality recon satellites, drones, laserguided missile, and 24 hour recon to curb the terrorists.

But fact is that even though we may need heavy lift, in modern warfare drones will be used more often, and helicopters, chinooks will probably be used to transport a large amount of soldiers from one location to another. Besides Turkeys problem with terrorism needs a different type of investment, high quality recon satellites, drones, laserguided missile, and 24 hour recon to curb the terrorists.

Good point. Gokturk 1 & 2 should be able to help us achieve this goal. I'm just looking forward to the day when our Satellites pinpoint the location of the terrorists for our Anka-Bs to come in and take them out :yahoo:

No doubt about it, that some USA equipments can be very expensive, look for example at C-17 globemaster, how expensive that was.

Maybe India and Turkey is getting something more then what people know out of the deal.

No doubt about it, that some USA equipments can be very expensive, look for example at C-17 globemaster, how expensive that was.

Maybe India and Turkey is getting something more then what people know out of the deal.

I agree, I definitely think that TAI must be receiving training in repairs and general maintenance of the Chihooks, and possibly more. You could say it might lead to a techtransfer in the future, just like with the F16

I agree, I definitely think that TAI must be receiving training in repairs and general maintenance of the Chihooks, and possibly more. You could say it might lead to a techtransfer in the future, just like with the F16

What does TAI got to do with Maintenance?!

The Army maintains it's aircraft just like the Airforce, no company is involved..

Back
Top Bottom