What's new

Turkey sends world’s largest power ship to Islamabad to provide electricity

I like the idea, even if it is costly it makes sense of have 3,4 of those for us. Any thoughts guys.

We have few of them in Bangladesh running since 1997-98. They are called barge mounted power plant and there are quite a few number of companies offering this service in the world. Nothing new. If you need emergency power, contact them and there they come.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_barge

You have these India as well i suppose.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...be-moved-to-Kakinada-/articleshow/5668970.cms

Thankyou Turkey for always being by our side for being our friend and for being our brother we love you and GOD bless our brotherly love always and always.

Cool, I hope it helps for the energy needs.
So its gonna stay for 5 years till we get our other type of land power plants installed and working.. :tup:

Thanks Turkey.

And really its teh first time i am hearing this.

Nice innovation. That's a really handy ship you got idea of. Shipyards globally should consider such an idea because anytime any particular city is out of power during war or peace, these can be real life savers. :tup:

Pakistan should really invest in money to aquire such ships from Turkey .. !!!
Long Live Pak-Turk Friendship...:tup:

How much does it Cost? One more for Baluchistan would be great one. Its a brilliant idea honestly I never knew about it in next 5 Year If Pakistan can get 3 more would help our South West/South East that is Sindh and Baluchistan.

How much does it Cost? One more for Baluchistan would be great one. Its a brilliant idea honestly I never knew about it in next 5 Year If Pakistan can get 3 more would help our South West/South East that is Sindh and Baluchistan.

We are the only country leading in this type of "powership" building.

Dogan Karadeniz, member of the executive board of the Karadeniz Holding, said they had been carrying out several other projects in Asia, Africa and the Middle Eastern countries.

"Currently, we have four ships with a total energy capacity of 675 MW. Their value is more than $500m. Three of them were built in Istanbul's Tuzla Shipyard while the fourth one was built in Singapore. We are planning to build three more ships with a capacity of 450 MW," he said.

MAN Diesel, the German-based manufacturer of large-bore diesel engines supplied up to a total of 24 engines, together with electromechanical equipment needed for the 'powership'. The EUR100m contract included 21 18V51/60DF dual-fuel engines and three type 14V48/60 HFO engines, with a total output of 400 MW.

The "Power of Friendship Project" developed and carried out by the Karadeniz Energy Group aims at meeting electricity requirement of countries with energy ships.

Under the project, more than ten countries in the Middle East, northern Africa and southern Asia will be provided with 2010 MW of electricity with ten different ships by the end of 2010.

The heading surprised me..how can they send ship to Isloo?? No sea there ..hahaha

The idea has merrits, but under the current circumstances, turkey has yet to acquire it's first nuclear power plant, and conduct studies in that field before they can build one.

It's quite dangerous to deal with nuclear power without prior knowledge, but that's just my opinion.

And yes the Russian floating nuclear power has merrit, and can be very useful. But like it was pointed out, selfpropelled power plant is very nice during crises and such.

Actually, Turkey currently has two functioning research reactors, the 5MW TR-2 and the 250kW TRIGA Mark II. Turkey also has two nuclear research and training centers, and a pilot-scale fuel fabrication plant at Cekmece.

K.Cekmece Research Reactor (Active Since 1960s)
reaktor_isletme_image006.jpg

Istanbul Technical University Research Reactor (Active since 1970s)
DSC01073.jpg

SarayKoy Nuclear Research Center:
banner2.jpg

Anybody have updated news of the shortfall in Karachi? I found this article, but couple of months old, published April 23, 2010.

KCCI concerned over 300MW shortfall for Karachi
Abdul Majid said that 300 megawatts deficiency counts a lot in the system of 2000 megawatts. “Therefore, to overcome such deficit, collective efforts from public and private sectors are cry need of the day,” he said.

Abdul Majid, while commenting on the decision of observing 2 holidays a week, articulated that it would affect the productivity of human resource and subside effectual liaison between the public and private sector.

He said that owing to five-day week, export-oriented industries feared a loss of 2.5 billion US dollars.

The Turkish company has guaranteed 93 per cent efficiency to provide 231.8 MW based on diesel-run sets for 60 months.

So only about 70 MW more to go. :victory:

I take it this should reduce load shedding by a significant amount in Karachi then for a couple of years? :cool:

Or the need will grow and there will be same extreme load shedding eventually. :frown:

Maybe we could get one more of these ships! :cheesy:

Thanks to good friend Turkey for helping in this serious problem of ours. :toast_sign:

aeon-albums-assorted-images-picture3846-turkeyflag.gif

Nice innovation. That's a really handy ship you got idea of. Shipyards globally should consider such an idea because anytime any particular city is out of power during war or peace, these can be real life savers. :tup:

IIRC, USN nuclear powered aircraft carriers and submarines are capable of providing power to a medium sized city. Cannot find the source, but I think that has already happened sometime before. Gambit or Choggy might be able to provide accurate information. Thats why you dont see dedicated power generating ships in US.

Thank you Turkey. Turkey and Pakistan share many common challenges.

Thread title:
Turkey sends world’s largest power ship to Islamabad to provide electricity

How can the ship reach Islamabad? :confused:

Through the Indus? :undecided:

Just joking! :partay:

Back
Top Bottom