What's new

Turkey ready to boost defense ties with Iran: Minister

Baradar

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Turkish Defense Minister Ismet Yilmaz says his country is ready to further develop defense cooperation with the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Ankara is keen to exchange experience and expert teams in the defense sector with Tehran, said the defense chief in a meeting with Iranian Ambassador to Ankara Alireza Bigdeli on Thursday.

Pointing to the centuries-old friendship between Iran and Turkey, Yilmaz said mutual visits over the recent years by high-ranking officials of the two regional heavyweights have contributed to the enhancement of bilateral ties.

The Iranian ambassador, for his part, lauded the expansion of Tehran-Ankara ties over the past decade and urged the further expansion of relations between the defense and military institutions of the two neighboring countries.

“The invaluable experience of the two countries in military and defense industries has laid the groundwork for joint efforts,” he said.

PressTV - Turkey ready to boost defense ties with Iran: Minister

hope to see a better relationship between Turkey and Iran. We need each other as good neighbours more than so-called partners and allies who are actually only after their own interests in the ME at the cost of our mutual relationship.

What kind of people does read press tv?

When I look at the comments section of that news site, it really disturbs me.

Iranian version of Atawolf and some other turkish memebers.

the people who were admiring and loving erdugan before syria issue and started criticizing him after syria issue and believe he and turkey betrayed iran. as same as what most pro erdugan think about iran.

@rmi5

What kind of people does read press tv?

When I look at the comments section of that news site, it really disturbs me.

Almost no one sees their TV channel in Iran, because it has not any new point for Iranians. They can see the same thing in rest of governmental TV channels as well. Some people use it for improving their ability in listening English.
Anyway, some people in allied countries of Iran, including some arab and latin american countries, are the main watchers of their channel and visitors of their website and actually this channel is somehow is made for them to tell them the news from a point of view which is more closer to Iranian government views. This channel is also popular between some of leftist of USA, and some pacifist and ultra leftists of Europe as well.

Turkish Defense Minister Ismet Yilmaz says his country is ready to further develop defense cooperation with the Islamic Republic of Iran.

Ankara is keen to exchange experience and expert teams in the defense sector with Tehran, said the defense chief in a meeting with Iranian Ambassador to Ankara Alireza Bigdeli on Thursday.

Pointing to the centuries-old friendship between Iran and Turkey, Yilmaz said mutual visits over the recent years by high-ranking officials of the two regional heavyweights have contributed to the enhancement of bilateral ties.

The Iranian ambassador, for his part, lauded the expansion of Tehran-Ankara ties over the past decade and urged the further expansion of relations between the defense and military institutions of the two neighboring countries.

“The invaluable experience of the two countries in military and defense industries has laid the groundwork for joint efforts,” he said.

PressTV - Turkey ready to boost defense ties with Iran: Minister

Wow, a few months ago we were hearing the exact opposite. :lol:

Actually there was never a offensive statement against Iran on Turkish side.

Maybe not against Iran, but surely against Iran's Ally Assad!

Who would've thought 3-5 months ago that Turkey would be forming defence ties with Assad's biggest supporter and ardent ally???

If we wanna have good relations to Iran than we also have to agree with assad? :crazy:
Iran and Assad do go hand in hand. Last i checked, Iranian military personnel were also actively engaging Turkish/Saudi/Qatari backed Rebels within Syria itself.

So in a way, by forming defence ties with Assad's biggest supporter, you are indirectly softening your anti-Assad stance.

Or is that to hard to comprehend? :crazy:

not big iranian fan, but iran is finally making good decisions and ending international isolation

well you can bear for a time, you can't just be isolated solely based on oil resources

The circle is completed. The AKPs failed foreign policy started with Armenia and Iran and now that they have screwed the relations with every other country up they are back at Armenia and Iran.

I cant keep up with which countries we're nowadays good and with which we are bad.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom