What's new

Turkey joins hands with Bangladesh seeking OIC reforms for India's observer status

Quibbler

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: India’s longstanding demand of being included in the Organisation of Islamic Conference (OIC) as an observer has found support from Bangladesh and Turkey. The two countries have joined hands to seek reforms of the 57-nation grouping including a suggestion to concede the demand of India, which is home to the world’s third largest Muslim population.

At the OIC foreign ministers’ conference last weekend, Bangladesh succeeded in pushing a declaration to this effect with the help of Turkey, which has traditionally been an ally of Pakistan but has of late sought expansion of ties with India. Turkey’s decision to support OIC reforms, according to experts, should also be viewed in the context of fast-evolving geopolitics in West Asia.

While Bangladesh has been categorical in seeking observer status for India in OIC, several other members have offered their tacit support. These member states are yet to openly voice support for India, but experts said these states have come a long way from 1960s to consider India’s inclusion in the grouping as an observer.

Several OIC member states have also expressed reservations against a strong OIC resolution on Kashmir. India’s ties with West Asian, North African and Southeast Asian Muslim majority states such as Indonesia and Malaysia are on the upswing and these nations have come forward to forge strong counter-terrorism and commercial partnerships during the past few years.

Addressing the OIC foreign ministers’ meet, Bangladesh foreign minister AH Mahmud Ali said last Saturday, “A number of countries – not OIC members – have a large number of Muslims as their citizens. Muslims may be a minority in those countries, but in terms of numbers they often exceed the total population of many OIC member countries.”

Advocating India’s entry into the grouping, he said, “There is a need to build bridges with those non-OIC countries, so that a large number of Muslim populations do not remain untouched by the good work of OIC. That is why, reforms and restructuring are critical for OIC.”

“As the world is changing in many ways, infringing upon every area of a peaceful society, life, development, we cannot do business as usual. We need to rethink our work, method and process of functioning to cater to the needs of the current era and beyond. Otherwise, we risk situating our organisation in redundancy,” he said.

Read more at:
//economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/64090174.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Its good if India becomes part of OIC. They can than be pressurized for all the wrong doings in Kashmir and else where in India where Muslims are butchered

Not going to happen. Like before..

Good luck with Bengali support. they are trying to arouse you as they are doing since 71.

No statement of Turkey in the article Btw. and i am sure Turkey would ask Pakistan twice before poking their nose in matters which are aliens to them.. just like Pakistan do with their affairs.

Muslim population of India shouldn't be abandoned.
first they need to treat muslims as human. oic sud keep an eye on these issues specially human rights violation in Kashmir. we have muslims in Israel then why not them and russia france german muslims are all over..
India is not muslim country and by adding Hindu terrorist Prime Minister we sud becareful of their anti muslims intentions.

Good luck with Bengali support. they are trying to arouse you as they are doing since 71.

No statement of Turkey in the article Btw. and i am sure Turkey would ask Pakistan twice before poking their nose in matters which are aliens to them.. just like Pakistan do with their affairs.
first they need to treat muslims as human. oic sud keep an eye on these issues specially human rights violation in Kashmir. we have muslims in Israel then why not them and russia france german muslims are all over..
India is not muslim country and by adding Hindu terrorist Prime Minister we sud becareful of their anti muslims intentions.
It is only an observer status. India holds a special place with such large population of Muslims unlike your example of France and Germany. Accordingly with that, Russia could be an observer, too. I highly doubt Israel would ask to be an observer or anything already. It'd be easier for OIC to directly involve in India regarding Muslims.
I am not aware of such joining hands or whatever but that's what I personally think.

Last edited:
Excellent from Turkey as always. Congratulations to Bangladesh and it's officials who have played the key role in this regard. Petty nationalism without any vision won't work in today's world. Bangladesh and Turkey both have shown progressive attitude. They r the true leaders of muslim world. Kudos to both of them.

Its good if India becomes part of OIC. They can than be pressurized for all the wrong doings in Kashmir and else where in India where Muslims are butchered

Yup, Let's see how many minutes OIC spares for pellet guns or random cow vigilantism from nations colliding with each other in ME, invasions, toppling of govts, Mother of all bombs and all that clusterfk in between.

BTW, what makes you believe that Pakistan will find traction against India in OIC. That's the reason why Pakistan don't want India in OIC in first place. India is too big and Pakistan is too irrelevant for members to pick sides against India.

It can be repeat of FATF with abandoning of Pakistan.

Before members jump and down about this, the news source is an indian newspaper famous for its BS indian propaganda. This is garbage news by garbage people.

It is only an observer status. India holds a special place with such large population of Muslims unlike your example of France and Germany. Accordingly with that, Russia could be an observer, too. I highly doubt Israel would ask to be an observer or anything already. It'd be easier for OIC to directly involve in India regarding Muslims.
I am not aware of such joining hands or whatever but that's what I personally think.
any country can have observer status but this one keep coming up like they have the biggest muslim community in india and cuz of that india reserve the right to have observer and later permenant seat. OIC is not somthing we look farward but these double face killer of muslims just dont stop to hurt muslims when ever they get chance.

YES OFF-COURSE... TRY IT...
======================
Another reason as to why India does not yet have its membership status is because of the provision in Article 3(e) of the Conditions for Accession to Observer Status at OIC, reported Dawn. That a state applying for observer status should not be in conflict with any of the member states and the J&K dispute with Pakistan makes it difficult.

https://www.firstpost.com/world/oic...hmir-as-weapons-against-pakistan-3059832.html

Yup, Let's see how many minutes OIC spares for pellet guns or random cow vigilantism from nations colliding with each other in ME, invasions, toppling of govts, Mother of all bombs and all that clusterfk in between.

BTW, what makes you believe that Pakistan will find traction against India in OIC. That's the reason why Pakistan don't want India in OIC in first place. India is too big and Pakistan is too irrelevant for members to pick sides against India.

It can be repeat of FATF with abandoning of Pakistan.
Lol stop living in dream. Pakistan was never irrelevant and will never be, india tried that "international isolation" thing and miserably failed. That irrelevant country also heads the Islamic military alliance. I know that you have been ruled over thousand years by Muslims and than later by Britishers, get out of slave mentality. India to the world is known as rape capital, where 8000 farmers committed suicide last year, where cows are treated better than Muslims, where cow urine is used as medicine, whole country is divided in class system, religious fanatics like modi and yogi are rulling the country, also the most corrupt country in Asia is india , do u want me to continue??
PS: I dont watch republic TV.

Lol stop living in dream. Pakistan was never irrelevant and will never be, india tried that "international isolation" thing and miserably failed. That irrelevant country also heads the Islamic military alliance. I know that you have been ruled over thousand years by Muslims and than later by Britishers, get out of slave mentality. India to the world is known as rape capital, where 8000 farmers committed suicide last year, where cows are treated better than Muslims, where cow urine is used as medicine, whole country is divided in class system, religious fanatics like modi and yogi are rulling the country, also the most corrupt country in Asia is india , do u want me to continue??
PS: I dont watch republic TV.

Also why is India dying to become just an observer ?? Looks like its india who is getting isolated both regionally an internationally.

any country can have observer status but this one keep coming up like they have the biggest muslim community in india and cuz of that india reserve the right to have observer and later permenant seat. OIC is not somthing we look farward but these double face killer of muslims just dont stop to hurt muslims when ever they get chance.
Our problem is basically with Pakistan, India hasn't attacked any other Islamic country.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom