ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
WORLD BRIEFING | EUROPE
Turkey Jailing the Most Journalists
By HANNAH C. MURPHY
Published: December 18, 2013

For the second consecutive year, Turkey is imprisoning more journalists than any other country, according to a report from the Committee to Protect Journalists released Wednesday. Turkey was followed by Iran and China; the three countries account for more than half of the 211 journalists jailed worldwide as of Dec. 1. The number of journalists killed and imprisoned fell in 2013, but the year was the second worst for the number of imprisoned since record keeping began in 1990; the worst was last year, when 232 were held. The report said 52 journalists were killed so far this year. The largest number, 21, were killed in Syria’s civil war. The second largest number of fatalities was in Egypt, with six dead.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/19/world/europe/turkey-jailing-the-most-journalists.html?_r=0

LMAO, you and the Turks are going back and forth to each other. And good for Erdogan. :D

LMAO, you and the Turks are going back and forth to each other. And good for Erdogan. :D

Well, just wait until we are going to deal with the "Kurdish problem" that they have tried to silence for decades. The indigenous people that some sources say make up 25% of the entire population.

Anyway @Kaan started it by posting a 7 month old news that has already been discussed on this forum and which does not deal with any prince.

Good if the Turkish people wish they can vote the current government out of office.

1352843445244.png

Good if the Turkish people wish they can vote the current government out of office.

You sure that there will not be a few dozens of military coup d'état as usual? Sultan Erdogan seems to want to hang on into power by any means.
Even when the secular Ataturk showed him the way 90 years ago by abolishing the Caliphate and making Turkey secular.

EU seems like a distant dream. No approval of Turkish membership among Europeans either.

Can you answer me why Kurds, an indigenous people of Turkey that form nearly 25% of the population, are not allowed to speak their own language in public gatherings or in the parliament?

Why all the oppression against those poor people? Are they not Turkish citizens? Are they not Muslims?

Well, just wait until we are going to deal with the "Kurdish problem" that they have tried to silence for decades. The indigenous people that some sources say make up 25% of the entire population.

Anyway @Kaan started it by posting a 7 month old news that has already been discussed on this forum and which does not deal with any prince.

It isn't really that hard to find something to offend Turkish people. Calling them Mongol or posting such news is not gonna work.

However you can pretend to mistake Turks with Araps. I'm sure that would do the trick.

Can you answer me why Kurds, an indigenous people of Turkey that form nearly 25% of the population, are not allowed to speak their own language in public gatherings or the parliament?

Only if you answer why woman in Arabia that form nearly 50% of the population are not allowed to drive vehicles :)

A saudi posting threads about freedom and such stuff, i mean the very same saudi whose countrys is only famous for:

-Rudiculous ban on Woman
-Human right crimes
-Religious oppression
-Public executions
-Political inprisonments
-Oil

In short, nothing you can be proud of...

The last one who was obssesed with Turks was Safriz.. Just saying.

Can you answer me why Kurds, an indigenous people of Turkey that form nearly 25% of the population, are not allowed to speak their own language in public gatherings or in the parliament?

Bacause official language of the Turkey is Turkish, not Kurdish or Arabic.

Some idiots cryings won't change this.

The last one who was obssesed with Turks was Safriz.. Just saying.

Bacause official language of the Turkey is Turkish, not Kurdish or Arabic.

Some idiots cryings won't change this.
Kurdish isnt even banned, its just not the official language, but idiots like him dont know what they are talking about.

You know he is addicted to PDF thats why he is trolling, he wants a ban so he cant join anymore. :crazy:

And the last troll outbrake of him against Iranians showed what kind of person he is, he seriously needs help. :D

Nahh.... if he wants a ban, he can just use f words..... I think this is resurfacing of a inner butt-hurtness. :D

Back
Top Bottom