What's new

Turkey-Iran-Pakistan military alliance

Mamluk

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Is it possible? Can we put our differences aside and create a non-Arab West Asian defence bloc? Discuss.

It existed a not so long time ago with IRAQ, US and UK included too

It was called CENTO/Baghdad Pact

Last edited:
Why a non Arab?

I'm thinking of a NATO like alliance. We can expand later to include other friendly - strategically placed or wealthy- Arab states.

It existed a not so long time ago with IRAQ, US and UK included too

It was called CENTO/Baghdad Pact

That existed to serve other powers' interests, not ours.

Is it possible?
Leaving aside the possible - anything is possible in my experiance except one thing. Reasoning with the Mullah types who proliferate in Pakistan and Iran. As they see everything through the Shia/Sunni prism I don't think this is possible.

However if it was possible this trio would form the basis of future superpower.

Leaving aside the possible - anything is possible in my experiance except one thing. Reasoning with the Mullah types who proliferate in Pakistan and Iran. As they see everything through the Shia/Sunni prism I don't think this is possible.

That's my concern as well.

Besides KSA will try it's best to prevent this.

Any Pakistani military alliance with Iran will be perceived as a direct threat towards them by the Arabs

I think Turkey should play on both sides...Having NATO member has its own benefits while regional integration with OBOR has other perks...Same goes for Pakistan...

Why always zero sum game? We can balance east and west...

Good thing, our countries will be more economically integrated as part of the One Belt, One Road initiative. It would be a good start to build bridges between our people. :)

silk-roads.jpg

As long as there is a sectarian reason behind a Muslim alliance,it will always fail.
We Muslims first need to accept each other as equal to have a real chance of succes on any level.
Since we dont,forget every possible alliance.

I think Turkey should play on both sides...Having NATO member has its own benefits while regional integration with OBOR has other perks...Same goes for Pakistan...

Why always zero sum game? We can balance east and west...

Doesn't have to be a zero sum game. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

But always keep in mind some partners/alliances are more valuable than others, when planning for the future.

The UK joined China's AIIB despite US warnings. UK is trying to spread it's eggs over several baskets. But if it ever comes to a US - China conflict, you know which side they'll be on. Countries with similar traditions/culture are more likely to support you in times of crisis. Hope you get my point.

As long as there is a sectarian reason behind a Muslim alliance,it will always fail.
We Muslims first need to accept each other as equal to have a real chance of succes on any level.
Since we dont,forget every possible alliance.

This would be more of an alliance of "geographically contiguous countries with similar values and overlapping regional interests".

No "Islam" in it - other than the fact that being Muslims it's easier for our people to get along.

Doesn't have to be a zero sum game. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

But always keep in mind some partners/alliances are more valuable than others, when planning for the future.

The UK joined China's AIIB despite US warnings. UK is trying to spread it's eggs over several baskets. But if it ever comes to a US - China conflict, you know which side they'll be on. Countries with similar traditions/culture are more likely to support you in times of crisis. Hope you get my point.

:agree:....Lets hope Pakistan/Turkey/China get successful in their ambitions and avoid war as long as possible even if enemy tries to inflict upon us...

Back
Top Bottom