What's new

Turkey condemns attack on UN

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Turkey on Sunday condemned an attack on a UN mission in Afghanistan, where seven UN staff members were killed by protesters enraged by the burning of a Quran in Florida.

A statement released by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs expressed “deep regret” at the attack on Friday and extended condolences to families who lost their loved ones, as well as the entire UN community.

Protesters, apparently including insurgents, overran the UN Assistance Mission in Mazar-i-Sharif on Friday to protest the burning of a Quran by an extremist Christian preacher in Florida on March 20. “The UN is the joint organization of all of humanity and its Assistance Mission is serving primarily the Afghan people,” the statement said, underlining that the attack “cannot be justified on any grounds.”

“We strongly condemn the attack,” the statement continued. It called the burning of the Quran an “irresponsible and provocative act” and said it was clear that such actions make the jobs of international personnel working in Afghanistan more difficult.

such actions make the jobs of international personnel working in Afghanistan more difficult.
and more deadlier.

wich that fat hairy pastor knew. he admittet it, a norwegian officer died to in that incident and all he says is "it's not my fault". BULLSH*T, and a big one to. if he hadn't burn the quran none of this would happen and he knows that.

and more deadlier.

wich that fat hairy pastor knew. he admittet it, a norwegian officer died to in that incident and all he says is "it's not my fault". BULLSH*T, and a big one to. if he hadn't burn the quran none of this would happen and he knows that.

I hope that a-hole over in Florida never sleeps well again but nonetheless, as the Turkish statement underlined, the attack “cannot be justified on any grounds.”

and more deadlier.

wich that fat hairy pastor knew. he admittet it, a norwegian officer died to in that incident and all he says is "it's not my fault". BULLSH*T, and a big one to. if he hadn't burn the Qur'an none of this would happen and he knows that.

So it is all fault of a bigoted only when he burnt the Qur'an on the other side of the world and none of our fault? Irresponsible statement I would say. People had the right to raise their voice against the wrong action of that priest, but waging violence in their own country was totally wrong and condemnable. We also shouldn't forget that the protest in Balkh province was largely peaceful, but the Taliban had hidden themselves among the protestors and caused the problem.

Northern Alliance do not want any neutral foreigner in their surroundings.

Peaceful protest was turned violent by ruling norhtern allinace to start a blame game.

Where as some nationalities are never attacked in Afghanistan simply because they are not attacked by northern alliance.

Northern Alliance do not want any neutral foreigner in their surroundings.

Peaceful protest was turned violent by ruling norhtern allinace to start a blame game.

Where as some nationalities are never attacked in Afghanistan simply because they are not attacked by northern alliance.

link please ...............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom