What's new

Turkey and Islam: Dress tests - ECONOMIST

Who is crying here?

You and your likes.
Small changes eventualy lead to be big changes,

Yeah...next, the evil Erodgan will implement burka for Turkish women :rolleyes:
dont tell me what to say or to do about my country.

I didn't.
All issues regarding my country are my issues,these uniforms have nothing to do with my culture.

O.K...But whats wrong with the dresses? They look just fine.
They look more like indonesian to me.

Probably...

BTW, who is this economist to talk about YOUR country like that? Hope you took offense at the article too? :azn:

From a strategic perspective Erdogan is doing the right thing here. This century and perhaps the next are of Asian dominance. Euro-centerist would increasingly be marginalized. For Turkey it is a matter of looking to East and rightly so.

I don't know about no alcohol thing... I think Turkish Airlines DOES serve alcohol....

Secondly, changing clothes has nothing to do with Shari'a. This is simple marketing technique...Companies change their uniforms again and again to have change.

This uniform looks great and reflects Turkish culture. Stop being a cry baby. This is not even any issue..

It doesn't serve alcohol in several destinations, mainly because of the lack of demand. Also this design is not official yet, it is one of the contenders. Probably they won't select this shvt.

Why is Economist making a big deal, the uniform is fine...

Seems economist wants the Turkish Airline employees to be wearing short skirts and baggy jeans.. :lol:

sigh... I want that too....

a typical western doubl standart and hypocrite attitude toward muslims..

any western source, institution and gorvenment didnt critisize militarist oppression toward hijab and muslims in turkey yet by now..ten thousand girlls with turban(hijab) dismissed from universities..ten thousand ones had to returned from univeristies gates with full of tears due to head-scarf ban. Military generals even forbidden legaly teaching Children the Qur'an under 12 years old in 1998 and just last year this ban could be removed..no need to count such much more unjustice bans one by one.....
Just want to ask where were western human rightds orgs, women rights orgs. free medias, democraitc gov'ts that time..??

Current ruling government trying to correct some anti-democratic laws and regulate disorders relating to our historic ttraditions, ethical values..

AKP government took great steps in democraitc field...Removed many bans on Kurdish language and ID, provided muchh easiness and room for civil orgs, politic parties, freedom of statement and opinion...and broke military influence on civil parties and government...

while westerns appreciate all other such democratic actions done by AKP why they beccome glum look whenever government take any democratic step relating to conservative community..

AKP government has no any intention to ban alcohol but try to make some regulations about drinking alchol in accordince with public demand... in another words, govenment is planning to diminishing drinking alcohol in our society..What is wrong with that??..in turkey alcohol causes countless sickness, deaths, deadly traficc crashes, murders, violences and divorces among families etc...each year
What is difference between limiting smoking and drinking alcohol When it comes to public health??

This is entirely a Turkish matter, but for western liberal fascists every one should follow their rules or be called ''Radicals/Extremists''.

It's awful completly awful. If it was a small domestic airline, I wouldn't give a damn. But we're talking about an airline which's chosen as the European best in 2012 and a member of star alliance. They should think more logical if they still have their brain. THY has a world wide prestige. They're going to make it awful. By the way, Is THY a state firm or private?

It's awful completly awful. If it was a small domestic airline, I wouldn't give a damn. But we're talking about an airline which's chosen as the European best in 2012 and a member of star alliance. They should think more logical if they still have their brain. THY has a world wide prestige. They're going to make it awful. By the way, Is THY a state firm or private?

why it is so awful mate?...Current staff took over THY from a debtor and bankrupt position and made it one of greatest and most prestige air company...first it shloud be appreciated...nothing happens by itself...
as for drinking bans, it is done for some interntaional and internal detinations upon demands by passengers....So, THY management know well what they should do..Such policy increase passengers satisfaction vise versa your thoughts..

im just asking you out of curiosity...Do you support endeavors carried out by gov't with intention of reducing drinking alcohol in ou society?

why it is so awful mate?...Current staff took over THY from a debtor and bankrupt position and made it one of greatest and most prestige air company...first it shloud be appreciated...nothing happens by itself...
as for drinking bans, it is done for some interntaional and internal detinations upon demands by passengers....So, THY management know well what they should do..Such policy increase passengers satisfaction vise versa your thoughts..

im just asking you out of curiosity...Do you support endeavors carried out by gov't with intention of reducing drinking alcohol in ou society?

well mate, I don't support our gov't. But I appreciate some of their efforts like making THY a worldwide firm. About reducing the alcohol, i think it's wrong, people should can do,drink,eat,smoke whatever they want if they are NOT annoying other people ;)

i think appropriate clothes is important you should see the captains eyes when she is walking in front of him telling from experience > pindi airport. lolz even saw Turks staring lolz when plane stopped in turkey for refuel. women are head of the family they must not be allowed to become corrupt, it leads to break up of family then you have nation that cant function properly.

He'd better leave the country. I like our stewards clothing. There's nothin wrong

You and your likes.

Yeah...next, the evil Erodgan will implement burka for Turkish women :rolleyes:

I didn't.

O.K...But whats wrong with the dresses? They look just fine.

Probably...

BTW, who is this economist to talk about YOUR country like that? Hope you took offense at the article too? :azn:
I believe this topic was about Turkish airlines and not Pakistan airlines correct me if im wrong?
Me and my likes make sure that what happens in Pakistan doesnt happen in Turkey.
The economist has an opinion just like you have,if i agree or disagree is op to me.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom