What's new

TuAF F-4 Pilot hits part of a mosque.

Jigs

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
This is from years back but the video seems to have surfaced now. Was on the news today. This was during parade practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
How did the jet keep flying even after hitting the mosque ??

Pilot was looking at the other jets trying to stay in formation didnt recognize the minaret

Later that day army sent a gold minaret part to fix the damage :)

How did the jet keep flying even after hitting the mosque ??

It is a F-4 they don't break :P.

Seriously though the tip broke off the mosque the F-4 seems to have not taken damage. What is somewhat interesting to know is Erdogan's house is walking distance from that mosque.

She was a female.....The female voice on the radio is pilot right ?

Yes it was a Female. That has zero implications on what happened though. I hope you agree. They were doing formation flying at low altitudes. Those Minarets came out of nowhere.

Yes it was a Female. That has zero implications on what happened though. I hope you agree. They were doing formation flying at low altitudes. Those Minarets came out of nowhere.
Yup....What i said was a joke.....MALE FEMALE both are equal...

Altitude...o'oh..... Altitude.....oooooooooooooo hh!! Altitude Altitude.:D caution ..........uuuhh!!:P

I guess our Turkish brothers will translate the rest.

Last edited:
It is not in English so can any turkish member help and translate the conversation between Pilot and ATC?

It is not in English so can any turkish member help and translate the conversation between Pilot and ATC?

Most of the talking was her and the RIO in the back i think. They are adjusting their heading 3 degrees right. Talking about the formation the officer told her to count down the distance to something(didn't catch it i think it was the parade distance for the fly over) . When she got to 2.5 miles she hit the mosque. Master caution light seems to have gone up so i am guessing the F-4 did took damage. RIO then said Arm 3 (callsign) was breaking off. She asked him what lights were on in the caution list. That is what i got from it.

Oh the formation was also 3 aircraft. All F-4E 2020 Terminators.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom