What's new

TTP vows to hit Nato trucks

illusion8

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
ISLAMABAD: The outlawed Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has threatened to attack Afghanistan-bound Nato vehicles after Islamabad ended a seven-month blockade of supply routes following a US apology for a cross-border attack that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.

After Pakistan's defence committee of the cabinet decided on Tuesday to reopen the supply lines, Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said his group's fighters would attack Nato vehicles passing through the country. The TTP had made all arrangements for attacking Nato trucks and oil tankers in Pakistan, he said.

"They would see how our fighters attack them (Nato vehicles ) while passing through the country. We will not allow Pakistan's routes to be used for the supply of lethal arms that could later be used against the people of Afghanistan ,"Ehsan was quoted as saying by The News daily.

"Afghans are our brothers and we would not allow the US to take their supplies through Pakistan to kill innocent people ," he warned. While announcing the government's decision to reopen the supply routes, information minister Qamar Zaman Kaira said on Tuesday night Pakistan will not allow any lethal cargo to be transported through its territory. An exception will be made only for lethal equipment to be provided to the Afghan national security forces, he said.

Ehsan said the Taliban were "were shocked to hear that Pakistan has opened the Nato supply lines" . He claimed the closure of the routes was "a drama staged by the Pakistani rulers to get maximum benefit from the United States. Pakistani rulers have no love (for) the country and the people" .

"They are US slaves and wanted to enslave the entire Pakistani nation. But we are here to create hurdles for Nato supplies passing through Pakistan," Ehsan said. The Taliban spokesman further said the time had come for religious and political parties to come forward and stop Nato supplies passing through Pakistan. Some religious and political parties had opposed the resumption of Nato supplies through Pakistan just to get public support , he claimed.

In a related development, Mir Mohammad Yousuf Shahwani, head of the largest oil tanker owners association in Pakistan, welcomed the reopening of the supply lines but urged authorities to provide security to vehicles ferrying Nato supplies. The vehicle owners need security because Taliban had killed dozens of drivers and torched their tankers, he said.

Supply vehicles on way to Afghanistan

Pakistan on Wednesday began allowing Nato supplies to move out from a port in Karachi, a day after it lifted a seven-month blockade of vital routes to Afghanistan in the wake of the US apology for the killing of 24 of its soldiers in a cross-border raid. Authorities at Port Qasim, Pakistan's second busiest harbour, told the media that they had received instructions to allow the movement of Nato supplies after the payment of demurrage for the period when the goods were kept at the port.

Pak Taliban vows to hit Nato trucks - The Times of India

Hope so they do a decent work for the first time instead of killing innocent people by blowing them up.

So far they have not done anything anti-US. I have my doubts this time also, but lets see.

^^ I thought encouraging terrorist activities was against the forum rules.

Are you being serious or just sarcasting ??

How does targeting trucks taking supplies become terrorizing ??

Heck you should thank me that i gave them a good idea, since they are currently doing terrorizing work by killing innocent people in suicide blasts, targeting trucks is a good option compared to blowing up people.

Plus, i did not encourage anyone, they the TTP has already made up their mind and said we will do this, i just said i doubt it and if they do it its better then killing people.

Heck you should thank me that i gave them a good idea, since they are currently doing terrorizing work by killing innocent people in suicide blasts, targeting trucks is a good option compared to blowing up people.

Plus, i did not encourage anyone, they the TTP has already made up their mind and said we will do this, i just said i doubt it and if they do it its better then killing people.

Terrorists can do whatever they want. Kill soldiers or civilians. Whatever meets their objective.

Absolutely serious.. And really surprised that you said what you said..

Let me see...A UN/Pakistan/USA designated terrorist outfit blowing up supply trucks driven by civilians... If its not terrorism, I think nothing is.

I would have accepted this logic (despite being really weird and silly) if you would have recommended their blowing up Pakistani army trucks during last 7 months to save all the civilians they killed in suicide blasts during that time.

2 points..

1. Even condoning terrorist activities is against the forum rules
2. How do you know that there will be no civilian casualties in such attacks

i dont think so that its TTP who threatens, more probably its Afghanfi taliban. Because supply line is favor of TTP and angainst Afghani taliban. TOI again crap.

i dont think so that its TTP who threatens, more probably its Afghanfi taliban. Because supply line is favor of TTP and angainst Afghani taliban. TOI again crap.

Its one and the same buddy..

Yeah, how many American interests have they harmed yet.........................................................one.

Great track record TTP, I hope these guys torch a truck filled with high-explosives. That's about a 200 to 400 man raid party being blasted to hell.

For US Afghanistan is like a bone in the throat neither can spit out nor can swallow!

Absolutely serious.. And really surprised that you said what you said..

Let me see...A UN/Pakistan/USA designated terrorist outfit blowing up supply trucks driven by civilians... If its not terrorism, I think nothing is.

I would have accepted this logic (despite being really weird and silly) if you would have recommended their blowing up Pakistani army trucks during last 7 months to save all the civilians they killed in suicide blasts during that time.

2 points..

1. Even condoning terrorist activities is against the forum rules
2. How do you know that there will be no civilian casualties in such attacks

Sometimes arguing with Indians is like :hitwall:

anyway, my bad to have not been able to convey the point.

TTP say they will attack the NATO trucks and Pakistanis line up to encourage them, the same group that killed thousands of their own citizens and may continue to do so in the future. A few blasts on NATO trucks and they may get the "strategic asset" tag as well. How about not supporting any terrorist group regardless of their objective?

Back
Top Bottom