What's new

truth of pakistan china relation

^^^I do not know and don't even bother to know whether Najam Sethi is right or wrong but I would say this much that the the video was what I would call REAL ENTERTAINMENT!!

Najam Sethi se suno ge to Duniya ka nam United State of America hai.. he is one of the most poisonous persons we may have in the media. Doodh me peshab mila ke bechna wala harm*i.

Things went bad after the Pressler Amendment, Pakistanis began to feel 'Used'.

Pakistan brought China to the world, used our influence to encourage countries to invest in China during the 60s and 70s. Established direct contact between China and the US by whisking Kissinger away to Beijing when he was supposed to be in Islamabad. Pakistan was the key proponent for China's UNSC seat. Pakistan shared R&D costs for many Sino-Pak projects in both defence and civilian fields and this is just some of what I have in mind. You seriously need to reflect over your knowledge of Sino-Pak relations.

A clash in the near future is difficult.

Lots of half truths and outright lies in that post. For starters, China got UNSC membership in 1946 while Pakistan was formed in 1947. There was no Govt of Pakistan in 1946. Your passage on Pakistan's contribution to China is very exaggerated, so lets just agree to disagree there.

China has border dispute with 20 countries, they need someone to ease pressure on themselves.

^^^I do not know and don't even bother to know whether Najam Sethi is right or wrong but I would say this much that the the video was what I would call REAL ENTERTAINMENT!!

If you want to see entertainment .... go see a mujra. what are doing here discussing strategic and geopolitical issues.

Lots of half truths and outright lies in that post. For starters, China got UNSC membership in 1946 while Pakistan was formed in 1947. There was no Govt of Pakistan in 1946. Your passage on Pakistan's contribution to China is very exaggerated, so lets just agree to disagree there.

He is right PRC replaced KMT in the UNSC in 1971.

China_and_the_United_Nations

Taiwan (Republic of China) was the original UNSC members but in 1970s United States started to improve relation with People's Republic of China when the China's relation started souring with USSR. But he is overstating the contribution of Pakistan.

After watching this 2nd part I felt as if Pakistan's sovereignty is coming under threat from the Chinese and they are slowly and steadily taking over parts of Pakistan!!

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing called True friend in International Affairs. Every nation has its own Foreign Policy and looks out for its National Interest. Pak- China is not an exception. China has their specific goals and hence it cooperates with Pakistan and vice versa. How many times we have to repeat the strategic importance of Pakistan for China. No one can deny the fact that in 1971 China could have helped Pakistan but at the same time China is providing weapons and technical know how for decades.

Soft loans for fighters, Gwadar etc. all are in China's interest. Quid Pro Quo.

Same is the relationship of Pak-US. US provided funds and Pakistan played its role. Win-Win for both. There has been no emotions in any case.

For Indians, guys Indo-Soviet then and Indo-Russia is also based on self interests. One of the major factors of Soviet helping India was US-Pak alliance. Not to forget Indo-China disputes. It was Soviet which forced China not to interfere in 1971 and also sent their submarine to take on USS Enterprise forcing US not to help Pakistan, as they didn't want Pakistan to win. Even now, they provide us weapons for money not as a goodwill gesture. Its according to their strategic goals.

These strategic goals of every nation are hard to fathom by anyone here on this forum.

China is now India's one of the biggest trading partner and so of US. It was US and India's joint operation to spy on China's nuclear tests back in the days even when US was "ally" of Pakistan.

Can you now see the picture. All helped each other except India and Pakistan. US, Soviet/Russia and China are world powers and their foreign policy doesn't revolve around us for friendship's sake. They just do what's best in their interest. As simple as that.

Only enemies in these equations are India and Pakistan, rest our just playing there cards.

There is nothing called True friend in International Affairs. Every nation has its own Foreign Policy and looks out for its National Interest. Pak- China is not an exception. China has their specific goals and hence it cooperates with Pakistan and vice versa. How many times we have to repeat the strategic importance of Pakistan for China. No one can deny the fact that in 1971 China could have helped Pakistan but at the same time China is providing weapons and technical know how for decades.

Soft loans for fighters, Gwadar etc. all are in China's interest. Quid Pro Quo.

Same is the relationship of Pak-US. US provided funds and Pakistan played its role. Win-Win for both. There has been no emotions in any case.

For Indians, guys Indo-Soviet then and Indo-Russia is also based on self interests. One of the major factors of Soviet helping India was US-Pak alliance. Not to forget Indo-China disputes. It was Soviet which forced China not to interfere in 1971 and also sent their submarine to take on USS Enterprise forcing US not to help Pakistan, as they didn't want Pakistan to win. Even now, they provide us weapons for money not as a goodwill gesture. Its according to their strategic goals.

These strategic goals of every nation are hard to fathom by anyone here on this forum.

China is now India's one of the biggest trading partner and so of US. It was US and India's joint operation to spy on China's nuclear tests back in the days even when US was "ally" of Pakistan.

Can you now see the picture. All helped each other except India and Pakistan. US, Soviet/Russia and China are world powers and their foreign policy doesn't revolve around us for friendship's sake. They just do what's best in their interest. As simple as that.

Only enemies in these equations are India and Pakistan, rest our just playing there cards.

Very nicely explained Sir.

At the end however, you say that out of these only India and Pakistan remain enemies and the rest play cards.

Some observations:

Indian PM in the aftermath of nuclear tests called China as India's number one enemy, probably to justify the tests. Playing cards - may be or may not be. Yet the trade between the two is growing. Yet India is improving her military infrastructure along India-China border.

US-China trade is enormous, yet US has changed her military strategy to cater the Chinese threat. SE Asia is a US pivot - against whom.

Pakistan-India do have trade relations, but it can grow if trust between the two or their capability to defend themselves against each other reaches a level where one can not take advantage of the other. And some of the apparently intractable issues move towards a solution.

However, I think India and Pakistan also play cards.

Can the peace prevail, yes it can.

But what one sees here on PDF, it may never ....... ha ha ha

Good analysis sir.

Back
Top Bottom