What's new

Trump said the US 'could cut off the whole relationship' with China as tensions escalate during the

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Trump said the US 'could cut off the whole relationship' with China as tensions escalate during the pandemic
Joseph Zeballos-Roig

1 hour ago
5ebd42ca5785325d4b128320

• President Trump said the US could take the step of ending its relationship with one of its largest trading partners.
  • "We could cut off the whole relationship," Trump said, and he claimed the US would save $500 billion as a result.
  • The administration is weighing several proposals to punish China for its handling of the coronavirus outbreak.
President Donald Trump said the US could take the extraordinary step of ending the relationship with one of the nation's top trading partners as tensions mount between Washington and Beijing amid the pandemic.

"There are many things we could do. We could cut off the whole relationship," Trump said in an interview on Fox Business that aired Thursday. "Now if you did, what would happen? You'd save $500 billion if you cut off the whole relationship."

The president may have been referring to the $557 billion in imports from China in 2018. He also said he was upset with the country for failing to contain the virus, which originated in the Chinese city of Wuhan.

"I'm very disappointed in China," Trump said.

Such a step would likely inflict drastic damage onto the US economy, which still relies on significant trade with China.

In recent weeks, Trump has railed against China for its management of the outbreak and ratcheted up his criticism. He claimed on Wednesday that Beijing could have put a stop to the pandemic, CNN reported. Other Republicans have echoed Trump's combative rhetoric as well.

Sen. Lindsay Graham of South Carolina said in early April the US should "make China pay big time."

The administration is weighing several proposals to punish China by demanding financial compensation or stripping the country of its "sovereign immunity" to enable lawsuits from the US government and others, The Washington Post reported.

Experts say the relationship between the US and China has grown more adversarial due to the trade war and national security issues. The coronavirus pandemic is tipping it further into that direction.

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...elationship-china-coronavirus-tensions-2020-5

LOl, US president's mind is like a child, he can try to see if US can really save $500 billion or US has to pay even more.

Not childish thinking it is true... China has a high degree of responsibility for this global pandemic. Most intelligent sources point to a leak from the wuhan labs... hard to believe this came from a wet market when people have been indulging in bats/dogs etc there for millenias.

China is definatly not gonna pay trillions and trillions for the cost of this to the rest of the world. Many US companies dont see the benefit of manufactering in china anymore which carries a huge loss of reputation now. Along with strides made in AI and 3d printing the cost savings of manufactering in China are almost gone.. the federal govt and states now provide tax breaks and incentives that make manufactering in the US far more attractive. Last I checked 70% of US manufacterurs are looking to move back in the next 2 years.

Things will get even worse since we are looking at 30% unemployment in the states... people are rightfully angry and there is a talk of a hundred year war to punish China...

LOl, US president's mind is like a child, he can try to see if US can really save $500 billion or US has to pay even more.
His intended audience is a bunch of gullible MAGA idiots who want to go into war with North Korea without knowing where North Korea is. Don't take him seriously.

Not childish thinking it is true... China has a high degree of responsibility for this global pandemic. Most intelligent sources point to a leak from the wuhan labs... hard to believe this came from a wet market when people have been indulging in bats/dogs etc there for millenias.

China is definatly not gonna pay trillions and trillions for the cost of this to the rest of the world. Many US companies dont see the benefit of manufactering in china anymore which carries a huge loss of reputation now. Things will get even worse since we are looking at 30% unemployment in the states... people are rightfully angry and there is a talk of a hundred year war to punish China...
As an Iranian, with due respect to you, I can't emphasize enough how I want the US to do that to see the end of its empire in less than 10 years. Not to mention that the Wuhan lab you are referring to was working on corona viruses using a US grant of 3.7 million dollars.

Trump is a blustering idiot.

His intended audience is a bunch of gullible MAGA idiots who want to go into war with North Korea without knowing where North Korea is. Don't take him seriously.

As an Iranian, with due respect to you, I can't emphasize enough how I want the US to do that to see the end of its empire in less than 10 years. Not to mention that the Wuhan lab you are referring to was working on corona viruses using a US grant of 3.7 million dollars.

There is definitely way more to the story than what we are being told. I have no doubt the Deep State was involved with this virus.

China is definatly not gonna pay trillions and trillions for the cost of this to the rest of the world. Many US companies dont see the benefit of manufactering in china anymore which carries a huge loss of reputation now. Along with strides made in AI and 3d printing the cost savings of manufactering in China are almost gone.. the federal govt and states now provide tax breaks and incentives that make manufactering in the US far more attractive. Last I checked 70% of US manufacterurs are looking to move back in the next 2 years.

Things will get even worse since we are looking at 30% unemployment in the states... people are rightfully angry and there is a talk of a hundred year war to punish China...
Go ahead and cut off ,cowboy. I dare u! :lol:

With all due respect your kind is known to lie.Your nation is known to shoot its own airplanes out the sky or navy ships out the water... End of US empire? i am prob the most pro chinese person here as China is a great ally of Pakistan but you are pulling crap. In any war US would be backed by Japan... It would be US+Japan... US doesnt need china. Only lame democrats think so because they get cheap chinese products... Sure consumers would have to put up with higher costs for a few years but in the end the dollar would become much stronger and more jobs would be available domestically..

No wonder iranian can misfire their own ship with their own missile. Gullible enough to trust US on wuhan lab spreading virus.

With all due respect your kind is known to lie.Your nation is known to shoot its own airplanes out the sky or navy ships out the water... End of US empire? i am prob the most pro chinese person here as China is a great ally of Pakistan but you are pulling crap. In any war US would be backed by Japan... It would be US+Japan... US doesnt need china. Only lame democrats think so because they get cheap chinese products... Sure consumers would have to put up with higher costs for a few years but in the end the dollar would become much stronger and more jobs would be available domestically..
Another fake Pakistani pretending to be allies of China. As I say , go ahead to cut off from China. Cheap talk are useless.. Pakistan don't need fools like you. :enjoy:

No wonder iranian can misfire their own ship with their own missile. Gullible enough to trust US on wuhan lab spreading virus.

It must be a 1 in a billion coincidence then... that your only biological grade military labs are a few blocks from the wet markets.

It must be a 1 in a billion coincidence then... that your only biological grade military labs are a few blocks from the wet markets.

I'm sure that wasn't a coincidence, it was probably why Wuhan was chosen to plant this virus to provide a solid alibi. All of this was way too coordinated with an information and political campaign to not have been planned by the deep state.

Please try to cut off all ties with China, it's US who were so eager to establish the ties in the first place.

Another fake Pakistani pretending to be allies of China. As I say , go ahead to cut off from China. Cheap talk are useless.. Pakistan don't need fools like you. :enjoy:

Hey i have nothing against China...other than the fact that they covered up a lot of the info and allowed the virus to spread. Even until now China has refused to share crucial biological info on the virus. For scientist the most useful info is the biological makeup of covid-19 from patient 0 (the first person infected before mutations occur). Why is china continuing to lie to the world?

Even the most pro chinese people are becoming skeptical of China..

At the end of the day the world saw last december how quickly and with force China shut down Wuhan..but they still allowed people to travel overseas...why?

With all due respect, we took responsibility for shooting down the airplane in less than 72 hours.

As for the US, your Secretary of State takes pride in 'lying, cheating and stealing'. It seems that those traits are considered virtues by Americans.

Mike Pompeo: "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole. We had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment."

China is not what it was 1980s. It is no longer a labor economy. They are switching to a knowledge economy very fast and they're doing an impressive job. As for the US, the US share of the world's GDP in 1960 was about 40%. In 2020, it has been reduced to 15%. By 2025, it is predicted that it will continue to reduce to 12%.

Anyway, if you have the balls, go for it. See how the US will do without having relations with China.

As for the news of the US grant to the Wuhan Lab, it was released by Daily Mail long before the US administration talks of the Wuhan Lab: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lab-experimented-coronavirus-source-bats.html

Hey i have nothing against China...other than the fact that they covered up a lot of the info and allowed the virus to spread. Even until now China has refused to share crucial biological info on the virus. For scientist the most useful info is the biological makeup of covid-19 from patient 0 (the first person infected before mutations occur). Why is china continuing to lie to the world?

Even the most pro chinese people are becoming skeptical of China..

At the end of the day the world saw last december how quickly and with force China shut down Wuhan..but they still allowed people to travel overseas...why?
Please cut the ties, China has the world to sell, US has nowhere to buy what they can get from China. China is a giver and US a taker, please cut the ties.

Back
Top Bottom