Troops get supplies despite Pak's border closure: Pentagon

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Troops get supplies despite Pak's border closure: Pentagon

Updated 3 hours ago

WASHINGTON: US and NATO forces in Afghanistan would get the supplies they needed to perform their operations despite closure of Pakistan's border with Afghanistan, Pentagon officials said.

During a press conference here, Pentagon Press Secretary George Little and Navy Capt. John Kirby hoped that Pakistan would reopen the border between the countries and return its troops to the border coordination centers.

The war effort in Afghanistan continued unabated by the closures, Little said. "We're well-aware of the closures and potential impacts," he said. "To date, there's been no significant impact to our ability to provide for the war effort. That being said, we do believe that these are important supply routes, and we hope that in the near future they can be reopened."
Troops get supplies despite Paks border closure: Pentagon

I reckon they're just bluffing to prove their non reliance on any country. Getting supplies via which route ? Iran ? In addition to that even if they are through aerial routes then the cost of this war on terrorism just bumped up mate.

To date, there's been no significant impact to our ability to provide for the war effort.

It is well known that NATO has anything from 45-60 days supplies. After the blockade, that buffer was suddenly claimed to be 7 months.

In any case, it doesn't matter. The routes from Pakistan should be closed PERMANENTLY.

Say hi to Putin. :rofl:

I reckon they're just bluffing to prove their non reliance on any country. Getting supplies via which route ? Iran ? In addition to that even if they are through aerial routes then the cost of this war on terrorism just bumped up mate.

I guess that was Pakistanie strategy all along Mate!!!! To kill US with none military might, but by simple financial war!!!!!!

What a great Strategy Mate!!! Since, you can not prove your fantastic theory or speculation...........

I guess that was Pakistanie strategy all along Mate!!!! To kill US with none military might, but by simple financial war!!!!!!

What a great Strategy Mate!!! Since, you can not prove your fantastic theory or speculation...........

they brought this on themselves .... the cost of wars is taking its toll and we are not the ones occupying wall street....plz dont give us credit :)

they brought this on themselves .... the cost of wars is taking its toll and we are not the ones occupying wall street....plz dont give us credit :)

Since, you are such smart A@@, Prove to me with a good link that this sentence is true!!!!!!!! You great Hot Shot!!!!!!!

I believe that Pakistan is on the right track, financial retaliation is what counts now. They require the routes but if they don't straighten themselves up they won't get the help which they require. Besides stop reading too deeply between the lines it was an opinion on supply routes, geez !!!

Since, you are such smart A@@, Prove to me with a good link that this sentence is true!!!!!!!! You great Hot Shot!!!!!!!

typical indian mentality when you don't have any thing to say .. you start taking personal cheap shots.. you don't even deserve a reply... time to grow up kidooo
btw enjoy this

Last edited by a moderator:
I would be surpised if it is ' business as usual' with the US / ISAF troops in Af.

They must be on reduced scales / half rations for everything.

typical indian mentally when you don't have any thing to say .. you start taking personal cheap shots.. you don't even deserve a reply... time to grow up kidooo
btw enjoy this

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you one those homeless community organizers!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked you for an hard link, if you cannot then do not respond.........

Thanks for your great contributions,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom