What's new

Tripura aims to export tea to Bangladesh

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Tripura aims to export tea to Bangladesh

FE ONLINE DESK | Published: July 11, 2022 15:02:48 | Updated: July 11, 2022 16:58:03

File photo. (Collected)
File photo. (Collected)

Tripura Chief Minister Manik Saha has said the government will take necessary steps to export tea to Bangladesh because the state is producing quality tea.

“Steps would be taken to export tea to Bangladesh because the state has already started producing quality tea,“ said the minister on Sunday.

He said his government will try its best to push for establishing a tea auction centre in the state to provide a better marketing facility for the tea planters.

Currently, Tripura tea planters send their finished tea to either Guwahati or Kolkata auction centre to sell their product pushing the cost of tea, reports eastmojo.com.

He said the state produces 0.9-1.0 million kg tea annually, which is 10 per cent of Idia’s total tea production. Tripura is the fifth state in terms of tea production in the country.

According to him, there are altogether 54 tea gardens across the state that consists of three factories under the Tripura Tea Development Corporation (TTDC).

Twelve tea gardens are run by Cooperative societies and the rest of the gardens are privately owned, while the number of tea processing factories in the state stands at 22, he said.

BD should do everything to facilitate this with duty free access if it does not have this already.

If it sells in BD market then it will help Tripura's economy.

BD should do everything to facilitate this with duty free access if it does not have this already.

If it sells in BD market then it will help Tripura's economy.

Bangladesh should become the tea exchange for the seven sisters.

We should offer generous visas to their tea sellers.

We should package this tea for the African market.

Could easily be a billion dollar export.

Seven sisters is our farm land - we must exploit it fully.

Here in Sreemangal local bulk tea sellers already do that illegally. When a tea garden focuses on quality, quantity drops significantly...

Since you are involved in the trade, can you confirm the current production scenario in Bangladesh of,

1. Green tea
2. Organic black tea
3. Orange Pekoe
4. Earl Grey
5. Other exotic varieties like Oolong or white tea

Tripura blends its tea with Assam tea, which itself is a second grade tea. Nothing comes close to Darjeeling tea.
BD people have now higher purchasing power and all types of people have become accustomed to tea drinking.

So, we should better import Darjeeling tea and blend with Sylhet tea. However, by considering the terrain in our very north near Darjeeling, I guess this area in BD produces almost Darjeeling grade tea.

Also, if the volume of precipitation and the quick discharge of rainwater are the two basic conditions for growing tea, I have a reason to believe that our northern tea garden areas can be enlarged to the north of Saidpur.

I lived there for four years and saw the land sandy below the surface. Rainfall is also ample. So, the two main conditions for planting tea successfully are then fulfilled throughout the northern region of greater Rangpur.

BD is becoming richer. So, demand for tea will increase. However, I must say that the Pakistani preparation of tea is the best in the subcontinent.

When we use only water, Pakistani people drink only milk-tea, delicious.

Last edited:
Since you are involved in the trade, can you confirm the current production scenario in Bangladesh of,

1. Green tea
2. Organic black tea
3. Orange Pekoe
4. Earl Grey
5. Other exotic varieties like Oolong or white tea
Bhai, as far as I know in Sreemangal only Shatgao Tea Estase focuses on quality Tea leaves for exotic brands. Almost every other estates I know focuses on mass production of black tea.

As I already said, if we focus on quality, quantity drops significantly. Bangladesh has higher demand than we can produce. Thats why illegal indian tea are smuggled and blended with our produces by the local vendors.

BTW, even with our focus on mass production our tea is top notch. We may not compete with Ceylon or Darjeeling Tea but drinkers will appreciate our flavor and after effects when not blended with illegal indian tea.

BD people have now higher purchasing power and all types of people have become accustomed to tea drinking.

However, I must say that the Pakistani preparation of tea is the best in the subcontinent.

When we use only water, Pakistani people drink only milk-tea, delicious.

Yes Pakistani preparation is known as doodh-patti I believe.

iu

My favorite hangout when I relish a relaxing cuppa in Dhaka (of any type) ....

A Cup of Utopian Goodness​

2 minutes read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Tumblr Pinterest Messenger Share via Email

Despite the rise of coffee culture in recent times, tea hasn’t lost its essence. Moreover, Halda Valley Tea Lounge gives tea-loving customers what they crave for. With the help of its founder Dr. Shamim Khan and architect Md. Rubayet Tanveer Chowdhury, Humaira Rahman experiences what may be called the culture of having a perfect cup of tea.
MG_3487-1.jpg

The country’s one of the most prosperous tea estates, Halda Valley Tea Company having garden in Chattogram, has much more to offer than just a beverage. The Lounge, an outlet, is a beautiful place, at YN Center in Dhaka city’s posh Gulshan-2 area. It has already been well known for its services and cozy environment.
The exceptional glass-doored entrance is enough to make a customer see the sophisticated ambiance inside the lounge. Since tea has been enjoyed completely in the most comfort zone, the designers including another architect named Yasin Imran Rony, have come up with ideas to ensure a pleasant environment.

The whole place can automatically make anyone miss their home a little less. One may feel after spending a few times that the affliction of the monotonous daily life is over. Small trees alongside the glass window present a taste of nature. The books in the corner shelves can accompany a customer while enjoying tea. A sculpture based on Halda’s tea garden has created a simple yet artistic view. ‘Achieving a simple design in terms of the interior was hard,’ says Rubayet Tanveer.

People who love tea can have an authentic experience of conventional, as well as 30 different varieties of tea, served here. The customers can see tea leaves in the pots used. From the richness of Malai Tea to therapeutic Dragon Well Green Tea, Halda Valley varieties satisfy cups of goodness.

Halda Valley is the first one to launch Silver Needle White Tea in Bangladesh. Apart from tranquility the place offers, the outlet serves green tea, in view of its health benefits. Halda Valley is also making business for the country by exporting different varieties of tea to many countries. ‘In the long run, we hope to see this brand reaching one of the top three renowned brands in the world,’ Shamim Khan spells out his dream.

The company is also planning to add 20 more varieties of tea to the service list along with snacks. The cookies are freshly baked and green tea cookie served here can easily be differentiated.

Tea lovers who start their day with a cup of tea should try this place out to have experience of the century-old culture of tea in today’s context. Halda Valley also offers the purchase of tea for those who can enjoy the same aromatic and fine tea at their home. Either way, this whole tea outlet has a lot to offer than just a cup of tea.

Last edited:
My favorite hangout when I relish a relaxing cuppa in Dhaka (of any type) ....

A Cup of Utopian Goodness​

2 minutes read
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Tumblr Pinterest Messenger Share via Email

Despite the rise of coffee culture in recent times, tea hasn’t lost its essence. Moreover, Halda Valley Tea Lounge gives tea-loving customers what they crave for. With the help of its founder Dr. Shamim Khan and architect Md. Rubayet Tanveer Chowdhury, Humaira Rahman experiences what may be called the culture of having a perfect cup of tea.
MG_3487-1.jpg

The country’s one of the most prosperous tea estates, Halda Valley Tea Company having garden in Chattogram, has much more to offer than just a beverage. The Lounge, an outlet, is a beautiful place, at YN Center in Dhaka city’s posh Gulshan-2 area. It has already been well known for its services and cozy environment.
The exceptional glass-doored entrance is enough to make a customer see the sophisticated ambiance inside the lounge. Since tea has been enjoyed completely in the most comfort zone, the designers including another architect named Yasin Imran Rony, have come up with ideas to ensure a pleasant environment.

The whole place can automatically make anyone miss their home a little less. One may feel after spending a few times that the affliction of the monotonous daily life is over. Small trees alongside the glass window present a taste of nature. The books in the corner shelves can accompany a customer while enjoying tea. A sculpture based on Halda’s tea garden has created a simple yet artistic view. ‘Achieving a simple design in terms of the interior was hard,’ says Rubayet Tanveer.

People who love tea can have an authentic experience of conventional, as well as 30 different varieties of tea, served here. The customers can see tea leaves in the pots used. From the richness of Malai Tea to therapeutic Dragon Well Green Tea, Halda Valley varieties satisfy cups of goodness.

Halda Valley is the first one to launch Silver Needle White Tea in Bangladesh. Apart from tranquility the place offers, the outlet serves green tea, in view of its health benefits. Halda Valley is also making business for the country by exporting different varieties of tea to many countries. ‘In the long run, we hope to see this brand reaching one of the top three renowned brands in the world,’ Shamim Khan spells out his dream.

The company is also planning to add 20 more varieties of tea to the service list along with snacks. The cookies are freshly baked and green tea cookie served here can easily be differentiated.

Tea lovers who start their day with a cup of tea should try this place out to have experience of the century-old culture of tea in today’s context. Halda Valley also offers the purchase of tea for those who can enjoy the same aromatic and fine tea at their home. Either way, this whole tea outlet has a lot to offer than just a cup of tea.
These are for Rich people. Im a poor man. Im happy with 15 Taka dudh cha and noisy Panshi Restaurant in Sreemangal. My hometown is a heaven...

These are for Rich people. Im a poor man. Im happy with 15 Taka dudh cha and noisy Panshi Restaurant in Sreemangal. My hometown is a heaven...

Not everyday bhai. Only to impress business partners in Dhaka or to impress future fiancées.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom