What's new

Tribals Regions Should be Constitutionalized

There is no doubt that maximum benefit that has been reaped in Pakistan has gone towards better Punjab over others!

But then, I don't blame them. They know how to get things done. Others have no clue and are always fighting amongst themselves or so it appears!

There is no doubt that maximum benefit that has been reaped in Pakistan has gone towards better Punjab over others!

But then, I don't blame them. They know how to get things done. Others have no clue and are always fighting amongst themselves or so it appears!

What benefits are we talking about here, since you seem to know more about pakistan, kindly highlight those benefits as well.
Let me give you an example here, PP have always come into the power in the past becasue of their majority in sindh. But the consequences of geeting them won had to be suffered by the whole nation and specially punjab. Just by pointing out fingers that nothing is being done, this, that, bla bla bla:blah: it is better to see first what are you choosing for yourself. You vote the wrong people in, they loot you up and then all the sudden punjab gets the blame. My question is why??:angry:

Lets give you a hint, just for starters... the dam?

What do you know about this dam? Do you know who will benefit the most out of that dam. Do you know that how much water is being wasted annualy just because we dont have a storage for it. It is just a propaganda created by anti pakistan elements and those political individuals playing in the hands of those agents, and they are misleading people.
Neo can provide much better details about the dam and its usuage.

What do you know about this dam? Do you know who will benefit the most out of that dam. Do you know that how much water is being wasted annualy just because we dont have a storage for it. It is just a propaganda created by anti pakistan elements and those political individuals playing in the hands of those agents, and they are misleading people.
Neo can provide much better details about the dam and its usuage.

I read.

The Pakistani newspapers were not too ecstatic and Neo knows about it since it was posted on a different forum.

Here is a report from a neutral source:

The people of Sindh province who live in the affected area will not give up the protest against the Kalabagh Dam as it ''is a matter of life and death for them,'' says Munawar Laghari director of the Washington-based World Sindhi Institute. ''We chose to protest on the independence day of Pakistan because for us it is a black day. Our rights do not exist in Pakistan - three provinces rejected the dam but the military dictatorship decided to continue.''

Sindh is one of three provinces out of Pakistan's four that are opposed to the construction of Kalabagh Dam because it is environmentally hazardous and because it consolidates Punjab's political and economic grip over Sindh.

Asia Times: Dam floods Pakistan with complaints

The Sindhis then, as per your contention, must be anti national propaganda machines!

The largest of Pakistan’s four provinces, Balochistan is also the least developed and the least populated. Because of its sparse population it is ignored in federal fund allocation – accorded as it is on the basis of the census figures of a province. Further, despite being rich in mineral resources and natural gas, the province has been unable to ensure that benefits of this advantage accrue in its favour. For instance, even though gas from Sui district of Balochistan accounts for 38 percent of Pakistan’s supply, only 6 percent of the province’s population has access to it.

How many times do we have to see articles from asia times. Its not at all netural. Look at the line he said:
Our rights do not exist in pakistan.
Its a black day for us. Pakistan indipendence day.
Lol. This says it all.

The largest of Pakistan’s four provinces, Balochistan is also the least developed and the least populated. Because of its sparse population it is ignored in federal fund allocation – accorded as it is on the basis of the census figures of a province. Further, despite being rich in mineral resources and natural gas, the province has been unable to ensure that benefits of this advantage accrue in its favour. For instance, even though gas from Sui district of Balochistan accounts for 38 percent of Pakistan’s supply, only 6 percent of the province’s population has access to it.

This is because most baluchi themselves are against development. We have already seen it, everytime a development projects starts, they try to harm the progress. Besides there are other elements there too which are against the progress in baluchistan like BLA who's foreign sponspered, under the rule of their leader bhuggti they use to blow the gas pipe line up. And it is not that baluchistan isnt getting development it is, gawadar, airport, oil refinaries, but all cannot be done in the couple of days it needs time to bring them up to the standards of other provinces as well. Not to mention the militancy that we are facing there.
And i never said sindhi's are anti national, they are very patrotic, i said about that paticualr guy mentioned in asia times. Please dont misquote me.

Fine.

Is the damn being built?

You said it damn. lol. The government wants to create a national consencess on the issue before the project gets started. It will take some time but if musharraf gets reelected he will definately for sure build the project as funds have been allocated for the building up of dams. I was going to write damn too:lol:

Thats a very superficial assesment. By virtue of being almost half the population of Pakistan, Punjabis are going to have more manpower for different sectors, and despite that, Karachi still remains the economic center of pakistan, with Sindh contributing upto 30 percent of total tax revenue - hence the argument over the criteria the NFC award is to be based upon: Punjab says population, Sindh says revenue contribution, Baluchistan says development levels (or lack of rather). They are all valid arguments, and the trick is to strike a balance.

Baluchistan has been shafted, but that was as much the fault of the Sardari system, as it was of the federal government. Now we have another group of people in FATA who are desperate to cling on to their medieval system, and then complain about "lack of development". Don't expect development when you support jirgas, hereditary Sardars, and the law of the Gun. Part of reason behind the delay in the release of US funds for the area has been the concern that most of the money will be routed through these Maliks or whathaveyou, and inevitably get pocketed rather than being used for development.

The same thing happened in Baluchistan, Bugti's mini kingdom, private jails and torture chambers were built with royalties from the gas fields, that should have been used for improving the lot of his people. And if the government attempts to dismantle the system, guess who runs kicking and screaming for the hills to start a "freedom struggle"? The Sardars and Maliks of course, and like the gentleman at the PP press conference the day before BB's arrival, who doused himself and his 9 and 11 year old children in petrol, and threatened to set them on fire if BB was prevented from arriving, they have their brainwashed, cult followers as well.

With respect to things being all hunky dory in Punjab, they aren't. In rural Punjab, the social fabric is being torn apart by intolerance, obscurantism and the feudal mindset. Family members murder others over property, blood vendettas continue for generations over petty disputes. I almost got shot in the head while visiting my Uncles village one time, because I happened to poke my head through the "pockmarked" ramparts of his Haveli (which happened to face his "enemy's" village, over yonder).

There is plenty for Punjab, and for that matter Sindh, to fix too. But at least their governments aren't focusing their attention on tearing down billboards with women on them.

Hi,

The discussion has drifted way too far from its original topic.

Salim if you want to, you can open up a discussionabout the dam.

It veered because it was felt by some that there was no Punjabi domination.

But for this, there would be no Bangladesh or the Baloch problem or Sindh objection to the Dam.

That is all that I wish to state.

One must see reality.

for past sixty years most of pakistani polictics have been hijacked by punjbais, there is 80 percent of them in the military. Military is run by them they the military have opened various large businesses that have been highlighted recently. Punjab has seen the biggest development while other provinces have suffered, examples tarbela dam, sundar industrial park, 3 mile city, haier ruba industrial park, motorways and various industrial and educational centres have all been concentrated in punjab.

Sindh has got fair share of development because of karachi being the only port, so goverment had no choice but to invest, if there was another port and punjab had sea line then you would have not seen this development in sindh either. Apart from karachi no other areas have been invested in sindh.

Balochistan was a forgotten province that no one cared about, but now mineral and oil has been discovered the goverment mainly consisting of punjabis have started development of baluchistan saying that they are creating jobs and prosperity for the local population, but goverment are saying that locals are against such development and rebellious.

Well why shouldnt they be they know that they are being deceived and robbed again, look at natural gas it is produced in balochistan but very minute percentage of local population has this gas supply to their home, while it is being piped to sindh and punjab.

So Gas can be piped out but water can not be piped in for local population who have water shortages etc.

Development by pakistani goverment means deceiving people and robbing their lands.

Problem with this forum is that people if they dont like what you say which is usually nothing but the truth, they question your identity make you out to be an indian or a foreigner, they rather say that then face the facts.

for past sixty years most of pakistani polictics have been hijacked by punjbais, there is 80 percent of them in the military. Military is run by them they the military have opened various large businesses that have been highlighted recently. Punjab has seen the biggest development while other provinces have suffered, examples tarbela dam, sundar industrial park, 3 mile city, haier ruba industrial park, motorways and various industrial and educational centres have all been concentrated in punjab.

Sindh has got fair share of development because of karachi being the only port, so goverment had no choice but to invest, if there was another port and punjab had sea line then you would have not seen this development in sindh either. Apart from karachi no other areas have been invested in sindh.

Balochistan was a forgotten province that no one cared about, but now mineral and oil has been discovered the goverment mainly consisting of punjabis have started development of baluchistan saying that they are creating jobs and prosperity for the local population, but goverment are saying that locals are against such development and rebellious.

Well why shouldnt they be they know that they are being deceived and robbed again, look at natural gas it is produced in balochistan but very minute percentage of local population has this gas supply to their home, while it is being piped to sindh and punjab.

So Gas can be piped out but water can not be piped in for local population who have water shortages etc.

Development by pakistani goverment means deceiving people and robbing their lands.

Problem with this forum is that people if they dont like what you say which is usually nothing but the truth, they question your identity make you out to be an indian or a foreigner, they rather say that then face the facts.

Cut your BS. No one cares. And if you have such problem with the people of this forum why dont you leave it and instead Join bharat rakshak where there are people like you who will enjoy every moment of your ranting against pakistan. And dont paste your BS when you dont wont to be the part of pakistani society, dont want to educate yourself, still carry on with the jirga system and guns, women treated as slaves, behead people, blow up the gaspipeline. Dont think you will get progress like this, nothing will happen unless your people realize that we are lacking behind in every field and we need to wake up from this jalahat that we are into, educate our selves and be the part of larger pakistan. By the way Mr. Zafar ullah khan jamali, BB and Mr. Bhutto, i think they were all punjabi's right, FC is a punjab force.:disagree:

Cut your BS. No one cares. And if you have such problem with the people of this forum why dont you leave it and instead Join bharat rakshak where there are people like you who will enjoy every moment of your ranting against pakistan. And dont paste your BS when you dont wont to be the part of pakistani society, dont want to educate yourself, still carry on with the jirga system and guns, women treated as slaves, behead people, blow up the gaspipeline. Dont think you will get progress like this, nothing will happen unless your people realize that we are lacking behind in every field and we need to wake up from this jalahat that we are into, educate our selves and be the part of larger pakistan. By the way Mr. Zafar ullah khan jamali, BB and Mr. Bhutto, i think they were all punjabi's right, FC is a punjab force.:disagree:

Well thankyou for slapping me in the face for exercising my right to freedom of speech. For speaking my mind my own fellow country man and muslim brother wants to disperse me to indian froum. Thankyou for your hospitality and understanding.

Back
Top Bottom