What's new

Travel to the Middle East: Yes or No

Tanja

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Finland
Nowadays, travel to the Middle East has become more dangerous than ever due to the complicated political situations in this area
Tourism is among the highest money earning industries the Middle East. As the place of the most significant civilisations in the ancient and medieval worlds, the Middle East is definitely one of the world's most fascinating and extraordinary travel destinations. Moreover, this area owns some of the world’s most cities Jerusalem, Cairo, Damascus, Baghdad and İstanbul. The Middle East is also home to several world religions such as Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Bahai. The ethnically mixed region that could help to attract more tourists may lead the local tourist into the worsening situation. Arabs, Jews, Persians and Turks are the largest groups, although other groups still live in.

FNOTW: Travel to the Middle East: Yes or No (Part 1)

Dubai is a pretty safe and interesting place for a visit or a stopover.

From Morocco to Dubai there are so many places in ME.
Qatar is also developing fast so by the next FIFA world cup Qatar would also have developed enough tourist destinations.Though i heard Doha city is just half the size of Abudhabi.
Last year i remember all the hotels were booked during the Ramadan season in Dubai .And the malls were kept open 24x7 during the Eid holidays.I think eid season is the best time to visit Dubai.
These days DSF has lost its lusture.But then there are more places that you can visit in Dubai with your family.
I am listing out my fav places in UAE.
Sky Dubai
Burj Khalifa viewpoint
Doplhinarium
Ferrari world (AUH)
Yas waterworld (AUH)

I do want to visit Jerusalem,Cairo and Morocco once.

Middle East is Vast Area not just a specific Area. Personally i like middle east, places in Middle east are tourism hubs like Dubai. Morocco, Egypt .

Been to UAE , I hope i visit egypt someday!

The GCC is cool, I wouldn't recommend any other countries though.

Nowadays, travel to the Middle East has become more dangerous than ever due to the complicated political situations in this area
Tourism is among the highest money earning industries the Middle East. As the place of the most significant civilisations in the ancient and medieval worlds, the Middle East is definitely one of the world's most fascinating and extraordinary travel destinations. Moreover, this area owns some of the world’s most cities Jerusalem, Cairo, Damascus, Baghdad and Istanbul. The Middle East is also home to several world religions such as Judaism, Christianity, Islam and Bahai. The ethnically mixed region that could help to attract more tourists may lead the local tourist into the worsening situation. Arabs, Jews, Persians and Turks are the largest groups, although other groups still live in.

There are no problems concerning Turkey.

Turkey’s foreign tourists up 10.9 percent in Jan-Sep period

Today’s Zaman - Around 28.5 million tourists visited Turkey in the first nine months of the year, the Ministry of Culture and Tourism announced on Thursday.

Data showed that the number of tourists from January to September this year increased by 10.09 percent compared to the same period in the previous year. In addition, the number of tourists in September went up by 6.9 percent year-on-year to 4.27 million.

Among the countries sending visitors to Turkey, Germany was ranked number one with 3.9 million visitors while Russia followed with 3.8 million and the UK with 2.1 million. In the first nine months, Europeans and former Soviet Union countries made up 79 percent of total tourists. Out of 28.5 million tourists, 15 million were Europeans and 7 million were from former Soviet Union countries. These tourists mostly preferred to visit the provinces of Antalya, İstanbul, and Mugla in Turkey.
http://www.invest.gov.tr/en-US/infocenter/news/Pages/251013-turkey-foreign-tourists-increasing.aspx

My next observation

'Abundance of caution'

According to the US Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin Dempsey, the specific target of the threats is unknown, however the “intent is clear to attack Western, not just U.S. interests.” Hence, both US and UK have announced some alert for their citizens to travel to the Middle East. However, whether the situation is bad as it seems, the question is still remaining.

On 11 September 2012, the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya, was attacked. There were four Americans killed. This could be a good reason for US government to act more careful this year.

BBC cited an unnamed senior US official that the threat may be related to the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, which will end soon.

"It is possible we may have additional days of closing as well," a senior state department official told the BBC.

However, the official said the state department had "been apprised of information" leading it to take these "precautionary steps... out of an abundance of caution".

http://www.fnotw.org/Article/Full/5892

The GCC is cool, I wouldn't recommend any other countries though.

seriously.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom