What's new

Transnistria asks to annex it to Russia

flamer84

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Romania
According to “Vedomosti” newspaper, on behalf of the Supreme Soviet of unrecognized republic its chairman Mikhail Burla sent an address to chairman of the State Duma of the RF Sergey Naryshkin with a request to stipulate in the Russian legislation a possibility of annexation of Transnistria to Russia.

Transnistria asks to annex it to Russia : UNIAN news

Well,i was right,the shit spreads...Here we go now...:(

Unfortunately, joining Transnistria to Russia is possible only after joining of New Russia (area of south and east of Ukraine).

How on Earth can Transnistria hope to join Russia? Isn't it sandwiched between Moldova and Western Ukraine?

Besides, @flamer84 why are you sad over this? It's not Romanian territory anyways.:unsure:

How on Earth can Transnistria hope to join Russia? Isn't it sandwiched between Moldova and Western Ukraine?

Besides, @flamer84 why are you sad over this? It's not Romanian territory anyways.:unsure:

Investigate the Romania-Moldova issue if you're unaware of it.30% of people in Transnistria are romanians.Moldova doesn't want to let it go and we are forced to help Moldova at all costs.

Russia already has Kaliningrad which is an enclave I guess Transnistria can be another. Anyway at the rate thing are going it may not be an enclave for long...

Investigate the Romania-Moldova issue if you're unaware of it.30% of people in Transnistria are romanians.Moldova doesn't want to let it go and we are forced to help Moldova at all costs.

I'm aware that Moldovans are very close to Romanians. But since Moldova itself is independent and this is Moldova's problem, I was curious as to why a Romanian was so worried about it. In any case, isn't that region de-facto independent?

Russia already has Kaliningrad which is an enclave I guess Transnistria can be another. Anyway at the rate thing are going it may not be an enclave for long...
Russia has access to Kaliningrad through the sea. But Transnistria is landlocked. It won't have access to Transnistria unless it annexes Odessa region of Ukraine.

I'm aware that Moldovans are very close to Romanians. But since Moldova itself is independent and this is Moldova's problem, I was curious as to why a Romanian was so worried about it. In any case, isn't that region de-facto independent?

Russia has access to Kaliningrad through the sea. But Transnistria is landlocked. It won't have access to Transnistria unless it annexes Odessa region of Ukraine.

Moldovans are Romanians,snatched from Romania in 1944.The main issue isn't even Transnistria but a future scenario in which Russia will use Transnistria,Gagauzia and russian ethnics to intervene in all Moldova and that is the real disaster.

Even if Moldova is an independent state,it still regarded as a Romanian snatched province by most of us and even if a union is not possible we still want them as a close nation,future EU member ,not a russian protectorate.

Basically Moldova's problems are our problems,just as it was during the 1992 War.

De facto Transnistria for 20 years is an enclave of Russia. But it does not have sea borders with Russia and has to wait while Odessa join Russian Federation ( I think it is only matter of time).

Are Russians a majority in Transnistria ? Google doesn't say so
Russian-speaking is majority.

Back
Top Bottom