What's new

Translation from French needed for F-22 vs Rafale document?

anon45

Reaction score
Country
United States
file.php

source says that F-22 absolutely dominated the Rafale, want to confirm whether that is what it actually says.

F-22 vs Rafale dogfight results - French souce - General F-22A Raptor forum

it's not a good idea to translate in english :lol:

@Viper0011. you know french ?

Moderately. I better at speaking than writing, but I can translate majority of it. There are various things in here:

1) They talk about Drone warfare in one paragraph. Which is irrelevant to the topic on hand.

2) They talk about exercises between Rafale and the Raptor where the Raptor came out "untouchable" even when it was in front of the Rafale in simulated Gun combat. The Rafale couldn't take a shot due to Raptor's superior positioning and handling. But the Raptor took out the Rafale on guns, twice (simulated of course). Rafale had lost every-time it went against the F-22.

I've added my commentary in there for easy explanation, its not a word by word translation, as it'll confuse others (similar to when we see articles posted on here with google translation of Mandarin Chinese, everything looks like a cocktail of all drinks poured together).

3) They also talk about Rafale and EFT, their interested parties (Arabs, Indians, etc), again, not relevant to the topic, and can be covered in a separate thread.

Moderately. I better at speaking than writing, but I can translate majority of it. There are various things in here:

1) They talk about Drone warfare in one paragraph. Which is irrelevant to the topic on hand.

2) They talk about exercises between Rafale and the Raptor where the Raptor came out "untouchable" even when it was in front of the Rafale in simulated Gun combat. The Rafale couldn't take a shot due to Raptor's superior positioning and handling. But the Raptor took out the Rafale on guns, twice (simulated of course). Rafale had lost every-time it went against the F-22.

I've added my commentary in there for easy explanation, its not a word by word translation, as it'll confuse others (similar to when we see articles posted on here with google translation of Mandarin Chinese, everything looks like a cocktail of all drinks poured together).

3) They also talk about Rafale and EFT, their interested parties (Arabs, Indians, etc), again, not relevant to the topic, and can be covered in a separate thread.

Thank you :-)

Si les aviateurs francaise se sont largement étallés suur les “tôles’ mises par leurs Rafale aux Typhoon britanniques lors du dernier exercise ATLC aux Emirats arabes unis, peu de choses ont été dites sur la confrontation entre le delta Dassault en let F-22A américains présents surplace. Lors des engagements hor de portée visuelle, les Raptor américaines n’ont pas même daigné allumer leurs radars, restant invisibles au RBE2 et au Spectra des Rafales tout en localisant avec précision les émissions électromagnétiques du chasseur francais, sécurisant ainsi leurs tirs d’Amraam a distance de sécurité. A deux reprises au moins, les F-22A se sont aussi enroulés” avec les Rafale en combat rapproché, assurant a chaque foisun “gun kill” sans grande difficulté.

If the French airmen are widely spread on the "plates" made by their Rafale British Typhoon in the last exercise TRTA the United Arab Emirates, little has been said about the confrontation between the delta Dassault let F-22A US present on the spot. During hor commitments visual range, US Raptor has not even deigned to turn on their radars, remaining invisible to RBE2 and Spectra of Rafales while locating precision electromagnetic emission of french hunter sécurisnat of their shots and has Amraam safety distance. On at least two occasions, the F-22A were also wrapped "with the Rafale in close combat, ensuring each has foisun" gun kill "without much difficulty.

Back
Top Bottom